• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

windfall | art thread ( ft. gifs & more! )

Another attempt to draw more backgrounds/scenery. No characters this time, just a forest (the colours were inspired by Satorl Marsh from Xenoblade Chronicles which I'm playing through right now!! and wow dang it's so pretty even on the 3DS's terrible screen resolution! but I can't really draw all those individual ether droplets on the trees...eeep). also, trees are easy and fun to draw :p

tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o4_r1_400.gif

so... for the process I kinda goof'ed up originally (made the trees the colour I wanted the BG to be) but thankfully it was easily fixable. I was planning on drawing a tiny Shulk and possibly Dundun but I didn't really want to spend that much time rendering them lol

The picture looked extremely boring so I highlighted the forest with purples and pinks! and added little fireflies!

the finished pic is in the spoiler! and here is the link to it on redbubble (which i know no one really checks, but seriously you should :p it looks pretty as a print!)

tumblr_o8fsh4qXmN1sgwpq9o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Another attempt to draw more backgrounds/scenery. No characters this time, just a forest (the colours were inspired by Satorl Marsh from Xenoblade Chronicles which I'm playing through right now!! and wow dang it's so pretty even on the 3DS's terrible screen resolution! but I can't really draw all those individual ether droplets on the trees...eeep). also, trees are easy and fun to draw :p

tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o4_r1_400.gif

so... for the process I kinda goof'ed up originally (made the trees the colour I wanted the BG to be) but thankfully it was easily fixable. I was planning on drawing a tiny Shulk and possibly Dundun but I didn't really want to spend that much time rendering them lol

The picture looked extremely boring so I highlighted the forest with purples and pinks! and added little fireflies!

the finished pic is in the spoiler! and here is the link to it on redbubble (which i know no one really checks, but seriously you should :p it looks pretty as a print!)

tumblr_o8fsh4qXmN1sgwpq9o1_500.jpg

Awww this is lovely! Love the colours in it! Youre right it does look good as a print! The fireflies does really add to it!

Awww this is lovely! Love the colours in it! Youre right it does look good as a print! The fireflies does really add to it!

Thank you :blush:

here are some more trees, this time with the actual colours of a forest
tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o5_r1_1280.gif

Colour-wise, I wanted to actually use green/brown this time.

I used orange to make it feel a bit more unsettling because otherwise it'd be a little boring haha

as always, finished piece is in the spoiler tag, and it's also up on redbubble as stuff.

tumblr_o8q6c9jEfU1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

awwww this ones really cute ^^^

I also only just noticed 2 bodies on the first one :O haha

Beautiful work, windfall! I absolutely love the look of your latest scenery-related drawings. It's so incredible how you work wonders with brushes *_*

Haha, I love the thread name change btw! imo the gifs are definitely one of the best aspects of your gallery thread ;-]

awwww this ones really cute ^^^

I also only just noticed 2 bodies on the first one :O haha
Which bodies? :O

Beautiful work, windfall! I absolutely love the look of your latest scenery-related drawings. It's so incredible how you work wonders with brushes *_*

Haha, I love the thread name change btw! imo the gifs are definitely one of the best aspects of your gallery thread ;-]

Thank you!! It was my goal last year to work on learning to draw more scenery but... that didn't really work out so I wanted to at least give it a go this year! A lot of the trees are just done with the lasso marquee tool and then filling it in with the paint bucket ahah

I was wondering if anyone noticed the title change (and was sorta concerned that people might get it mixed up with tumblr-esque gifs) but I'm glad you like it!! :D

A little tired of trees, so here's a speed paint! like about 40 mins i think so that's why its not that detailed and whatnot and ahHHh i dunno what I'm doing with myself right now @@ just procrastinating -_____-

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o1_400.gif

i really like teal (I have a water bottle that's teal lol) :D

as always, spoiler has the full image! (and here's the redbubble link).
tumblr_o8vwx2tKGk1sgwpq9o1_500.png

tumblr_o8vwx2tKGk1sgwpq9o3_r1_500.png

tumblr_o8vwx2tKGk1sgwpq9o2_500.png

before bed doodle (of literally the most boring scene imaginable)

b8tNSmQ.gif

blahhhh 30 mins.

tRP6JHb.png

i might work on it more tmmr but probably not

Last edited:
dragged my friend out to see finding dory on friday eheh. it was such a pretty movie! i loved the piper short at the beginning, it was gorgeous and so cuteeee

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o2_r1_1280.gif

i liked how the scenery was pretty much a character of it's own! but painting the reef in this pic was ridiculous...?? geez.

as always, finished pic in the spoiler, and the link to it on redbubble is here.

tumblr_o906ncSYlm1sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg

OMGGGGG! DORY!! These are adorable!! I love the dory ones!

I've yet to see the movie though!

OMGGGGG! DORY!! These are adorable!! I love the dory ones!

I've yet to see the movie though!

The Dory pix are so good!

Thank you both! :blush: Dory was a very pretty movie :)
The piper short was amazing also! definitely see it when you have a chance!!

and also - another picture! kinda pleased with this one since it's with colours i don't normally use and yeah!!

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o4_r1_1280.gif

still dunno how to draw umbrellas. or hands. 8( the silhouettes and bokeh effects were fun to do. wasn't sure how I was gunna pull off rain but I think what I ended up doing is passable.

as always, spoiler has the full pic (plus bonus zoom in but honestly it's not even that zoomed in) and obligatory link to redbubble

tumblr_o9bf6hERxC1sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o9bf6hERxC1sgwpq9o2_1280.jpg
bigger pics if you view it by itself (not in the spoiler tag - or check it out on my tumblr)

Last edited:
another lapis pic!!

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o5_r1_400.gif

its a little plain :/ ugh. tried to make it a bit more interesting with leaves in the wind (even though it doesn't make that much sense in a beach but blah) i accidentally merged layers when I was drawing lapis so that's why she appears all at once :p

as always, the spoiler has the full pic and also here's the redbubble link!!
tumblr_o9ge37ABw11sgwpq9o1_540.jpg
tumblr_o9ge37ABw11sgwpq9o2_540.jpg

hohum

Last edited:
was suppose to be a warmup pic but it kind of evolved :/ oh well. kinda stressing for school -___- ugh

tumblr_o8vzpsSYs41sgwpq9o6_r1_400.gif

more trees! it was hard making lapis stand out (not that happy with what i did, but oh well it def was something interesting i suppose)

as always: spoiler has completed pic, here's the redbubble link (and i also made a society6 but I'm not really feeling it - too much work uploading everything again sigh)

tumblr_o9vfnkIHeQ1sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Back