• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

windfall | art thread ( ft. gifs & more! )

Does anyone still check this thread? kinda lonely just posting and no one commenting :c /whines forever

I've been playing fe fates a bunch (as you can probably tell).
I'm waiting for my copy of bravely second to ship........ughhhhh curse you amazon

tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

i tried colouring a bit differently than i normally do. i spent a lot of time on his face and i'm still not that happy with it (but i give up lol). his armour was also a massive pain...

as always, the finished piece is in the spoiler, and it's also on redbubble.

tumblr_o5n8r57Yvq1sgwpq9o2_1280.png

looking good as always windfall~
I love the papery looking brushes you use. so beautiful!

Does anyone still check this thread? kinda lonely just posting and no one commenting :c /whines forever

I've been playing fe fates a bunch (as you can probably tell).
I'm waiting for my copy of bravely second to ship........ughhhhh curse you amazon

tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

i tried colouring a bit differently than i normally do. i spent a lot of time on his face and i'm still not that happy with it (but i give up lol). his armour was also a massive pain...

as always, the finished piece is in the spoiler, and it's also on redbubble.

tumblr_o5n8r57Yvq1sgwpq9o2_1280.png

Your technique is amazing, windfall! I love your brush style, and your process gifs are always SO, so interesting to look at. I really appreciate the fact that you take the time to make them when you update with a new piece :-]

(( Also, I have to say, it's sad to read that you haven't gotten the amount of comments you've wanted. I suppose you have more secret admirers than vocal admirers? Perhaps some people don't know what to say, or know that comments are literally the top thing that a lot of artists look forward to. Hell, maybe they're even intimidated by the magnificence of your work, haha. But hopefully you get as much feedback and attention as you want here in the future :-] ))
I'm looking forward to your future pieces! c:

Your technique is amazing, windfall! I love your brush style, and your process gifs are always SO, so interesting to look at. I really appreciate the fact that you take the time to make them when you update with a new piece :-]

(( Also, I have to say, it's sad to read that you haven't gotten the amount of comments you've wanted. I suppose you have more secret admirers than vocal admirers? Perhaps some people don't know what to say, or know that comments are literally the top thing that a lot of artists look forward to. Hell, maybe they're even intimidated by the magnificence of your work, haha. But hopefully you get as much feedback and attention as you want here in the future :-] ))
I'm looking forward to your future pieces! c:

Haha, it's fine - I always lurk too so I don't mind if no one comments, because as a lurker I totally understand where they're coming from. I'm glad you appreciate the gifs!! I try to remember not to merge layers as I go so I can export it as a gif in the end since I like seeing process gifs of other people's work too (plus it's interesting to see the initial sketch vs the final image ehehe so pay it forward i guess?)

I hope I'm not intimidating or anything :c I'm just a little bored and super restless and also uselessly shy but reading what other people think is nice lol.

Haha, it's fine - I always lurk too so I don't mind if no one comments, because as a lurker I totally understand where they're coming from. I'm glad you appreciate the gifs!! I try to remember not to merge layers as I go so I can export it as a gif in the end since I like seeing process gifs of other people's work too (plus it's interesting to see the initial sketch vs the final image ehehe so pay it forward i guess?)

I hope I'm not intimidating or anything :c I'm just a little bored and super restless and also uselessly shy but reading what other people think is nice lol.

i feel you. i just like reading comments? but whenever i post something there just doesn't seem to be a lot of response....plus i don't even do much fan art...what are people to comment lol

i feel you. i just like reading comments? but whenever i post something there just doesn't seem to be a lot of response....plus i don't even do much fan art...what are people to comment lol
YAAA I just like reading comments lol!
(all i post is fan art cause idk.... not creative enough to think of my own stuff haha.)

and wow! i just noticed you had a gallery thread (how did i not notice before????) and goodness your lighting practice colouring is bomb!!! ahh!! so nice!!!!

on an unrelated side note.... some quick pokemon speedpaints i drew on reddit (30 mins? or something like that).
tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o3_r1_500.gif

completed pics below!
tumblr_o64evbvzL91sgwpq9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o64evbvzL91sgwpq9o2_1280.jpg

anything you'd like to see? hit me up! i may or may not draw it, though. :p
(i'm occupied with bravely second lol)

Your art work is amazing! Thank YOU for Sharing it with us. I never took interest in much art all my life- sure there has been times when I've been like that cool or pretty etc but I never really showed my appreciation for it. I've only been on this site almost 2 months? And only in the past week I have noticed the art on here! And the talent?! Jeez it makes me wish that I could draw better looking stick men never mind to be able to draw and edit to this extent!

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just wanted to say a big thank you and how great your art is. I wanted to say thanks to you (and some of the other artists on here) that has really opened my eyes to art- that has showed me beyond what the actual picture is. Now any form of art I have seen I have notiCed whether thats outside on the internet etc. I have appreciated and commented on. It has also made me WANT to even pick up a pencil and TRY my my hardest to draw a descent picture for someone on here to draw!
So THANK YOU for opening my eyes

Your art work is amazing! Thank YOU for Sharing it with us. I never took interest in much art all my life- sure there has been times when I've been like that cool or pretty etc but I never really showed my appreciation for it. I've only been on this site almost 2 months? And only in the past week I have noticed the art on here! And the talent?! Jeez it makes me wish that I could draw better looking stick men never mind to be able to draw and edit to this extent!

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just wanted to say a big thank you and how great your art is. I wanted to say thanks to you (and some of the other artists on here) that has really opened my eyes to art- that has showed me beyond what the actual picture is. Now any form of art I have seen I have notiCed whether thats outside on the internet etc. I have appreciated and commented on. It has also made me WANT to even pick up a pencil and TRY my my hardest to draw a descent picture for someone on here to draw!
So THANK YOU for opening my eyes

Love your style.

Ahhh <3 such nice comments!

@Chelsaurus - I like art because it's easy to see improvement (especially when compared to other things... plus you can keep practicing one thing until you feel more confident in drawing it).

You should definitely give it a try - plus so many tutorials and places to get inspired from!

No time like the present!

(sorry for the late response D; I forgot to check my thread after i updated it >_>)

ps - I don't know if you're checking this thread but I noticed your siggy - have you been enjoying the new season of GoT? I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode!

tumblr_o5nak7MuBc1sgwpq9o4_r1_500.gif

So! here's another new thing. Sorry for failing to draw more often...i haven't drawn in ages since I don't really have inspiration >__>
fe designs are so complicated lol :'( back to drawing Lapis since SU is FINALLY out of hiatus this week! :D

(the things at the bottom of the sketch are suppose to be chains but it felt kinda depressing so I took them out)

as always, the completed picture is in the spoiler!
tumblr_o6vujiJ3jf1sgwpq9o1_r1_1280.jpg

it's also on redbubble on a bunch of stuff.

happy mother's day y'all!

Last edited:
Yeah that is very true! I dont know whether this is just a newbie thing but i think when you keep practicing art and see improvements you just get motivated to keep practicing- I know I have. My drawing is terrible but it's soooo much better than years ago when I had to sit in an art lesson and so it excites me hahaha. There are so many tutorials! its really great how theres so many people that show how to be amazing like themselves. Im sure ONE day it will turn out the same! hahahahha

I have not started the new season yet!!!!!!!!:O All year Ive been counting down (I only finished the last season at the start of this year) and Ive not watched it yet! I have so much going on and I work in the evenings so I have to stream it. But I think ill do the same as last time and once I have finished exams I will just binge watch them! Hahaha

Ive actually managed not to see any spoilers! Until I went in work and my friend was like OMG JON SNOW!:O and just walked off.......... like COME BACK! Is that a good reaction, is it a bad?!!! I need exams to hurry up to find out LOL! :'(

^^^I really really like that piece, its really nice. I love purple! haha

Last edited:
Yes definitely! :D You get better because you want to - not because some teacher is breathing down your neck to improve. Although there are also benefits to formal structured instruction...

I remember reading somewhere that now is a pretty good time to get into art since there's so many tutorials x) Plus you can also easily reach out to others and ask questions rather than fumbling around on your own. I LOVE seeing process gifs and plus it's also neat to see how a piece evolves over time :D

Ahh sounds like you're super busy! Good luck with your exams!! You have lots of self control - back when I had exams I'd always carve out an hour just to watch it and de-stress lol

The good thing is you'll have a bunch of episodes to binge watch!!

I stream it online too ahah :'D

Your art is absolutely amazing. Beautiful work.

Thank you!! :blush:

Doodled something and I thought it would make a good digital painting - except it didn't really turn out the way the doodle started... ehehe. oh well. i should draw other things but ?\_(ツ)_/?

tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o1_500.gif

I blurred the chains to give it a sense of depth/motion. I also gave her water wings and dress a little texture so they look more interesting! As always, the finished pic is in the spoiler below. I also included a more zoomed in pic just because.

tumblr_o6y2g2pjCH1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

tumblr_o6y2g2pjCH1sgwpq9o2_r1_1280.png

redbubble link

another pic of lapis orz
i just really loved the "same old world" episode and :') nothing is still on earth.

tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o2_r1_500.gif

SU is back from hiatus but episodes for the next three weeks were already shown in french x____x oh well. back to hiatus haha :'(

as always, completed pic is beneath the spoiler! and here's the redbubble link!
tumblr_o7pe1oPbMG1sgwpq9o1_500.png

in other news, eb games had codename steam for $5 and i'm playing it now x)
eep

Last edited:
Oooo I like it! Why are you so amazing at art?! Please brush some off that magic on to me \_( O_O )_/

ok so here's another picture! :D

tumblr_o6y2uhDVXN1sgwpq9o3_r1_400.gif

I never draw scenery so i decided today was a day to change that! I wanna try harder to draw more landscapes/backgrounds. plus, bonus tiny lapis!

I went hiking recently and I have a billion photos of trees and things (except it was... a lot more green). I like red though so here's a autumn forest instead.

*** (edit: here's a bit more about the process because i'm super pleased with how this pic turned out ehe)
the foreground trees were painted first and then that layer was copied/shrunk/flipped/re-adjusted (and the opacity was turned down the further "away" the trees got). lapis looked a bit .... dark? so i tried to brighten up where she was standing.

As always, the finished pic is beneath the spoiler!
tumblr_o7vf626rkQ1sgwpq9o1_1280.png

also, here's the link to it on redbubble! pls support me

Last edited:
Back