• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would you prefer to have all the food or money in the world?

Would you prefer to have all the food or money in the world?

• Money

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Food

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm just being too literal, but having all the money in the world would screw the world lol. Gonna have to go with food.

money, i could change the whole world if i had such power.

Well having all the money in the world would just give me the opportunity to buy all the food in the world! :D

Just get the money and you can buy food with it...........
Also I love money, a lot.

money to buy all the food
Well uh dont actually buy all the food, people will need it to survive

Well, since this question is fairly vague in the details, I'm going to apply my own logic to how it works. If I had all the "money" in the world, it doesn't seem like that money's value is backed up by any real thing. So while I have all this money, the only reason it is valuable is that people give it value. If people don't like my newfound monopoly, they can simply say my money is worthless and use something else to trade.

If I have all the food in the world however, I essentially rule the world. People can't just decide not to eat, so they have to get their food from the only source on Earth. Me. I don't actually desire this, since giving one person that much power will inevitably lead to tyranny (even if I'm benevolent my successors may not be). However from a pure self-interest standpoint it would be much better to control the world's food than its money.

I may have taken this question a tiny bit too seriously... It was fun to think about though.

Money. I could have food no problem, and use money to help with other issues with family and others that can use help.

Back