• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Wow I just got scammed

sorry to hear this happened to you :(
also got scammed for raymond a few weeks ago off-site. the only thing that helped me sleep at night was that karma is truly a ***** ✌
lamented to my friends the same day and got told never to trust anyone selling raymond which made me lol a little.

i'm sorry this happened to you. i don't know how such people can peacefully sleep at night after ruining someone's game experience.

Thanks everyone for the support, it just really sucks that someone would feel comfortable doing this to someone.

It was a trade on discord so I honestly have no one to blame but myself. For some reason I had a gut feeling I was going to be scammed but I didn’t listen to it(stupid I know) he came and picked Judy up, said he was going to get a code and then blocked me on discord. I reported him to the acnh discord, they asked for screenshots, proof it happened and tried to discuss it with him. When the moderator presented the evidence of the trade(assuming the guy said it didn’t happen) he blocked the moderator LOL. 🤦🏽‍♀️So he got dealt with and banned from the discord. I’m really happy I got his island name and the character name too.

people suck sometimes, man. i’m really sorry this happened to you and i hope you can get raymond eventually ;w;

Wow, horrible to scam someone in a game that should be about having fun and community building, especially right now where people have enough to worry about as it is.

I know I’m probably being dramatic but I don’t really want to play anymore. 🥺my island is almost done and I was so excited to show my boyfriend the completed thing so I think I’ll push through and finish it up by Thursday (the date I set to show him) and just take a break for awhile I think.

99% of the AC community is awesome, but there will always be a few that will try and pull a scam and ruin it for others.
Take a break if you need to, but don't stop playing! There's thousands of people out there who will do honest trades and I'm sure you'll have Raymond back soon. Just learn from the experience and only use websites where you can verify the person you're trading with is legit.

Ouch... my apologies, that's such shameful behavior. Would never do this to someone :(

I know I’m probably being dramatic but I don’t really want to play anymore. 🥺my island is almost done and I was so excited to show my boyfriend the completed thing so I think I’ll push through and finish it up by Thursday (the date I set to show him) and just take a break for awhile I think.

What that person did is absolutely disgusting. I wish I could offer you Raymond myself but all I can offer is some NMTs if you'd like to island hop for him yourself? I just can't believe people in good conscience could do that.

What that person did is absolutely disgusting. I wish I could offer you Raymond myself but all I can offer is some NMTs if you'd like to island hop for him yourself? I just can't believe people in good conscience could do that.
That’s really sweet of you thank you🥺you can if you want, it’s completely up to you.

Thanks everyone for the support, it just really sucks that someone would feel comfortable doing this to someone.

It was a trade on discord so I honestly have no one to blame but myself. For some reason I had a gut feeling I was going to be scammed but I didn’t listen to it(stupid I know) he came and picked Judy up, said he was going to get a code and then blocked me on discord. I reported him to the acnh discord, they asked for screenshots, proof it happened and tried to discuss it with him. When the moderator presented the evidence of the trade(assuming the guy said it didn’t happen) he blocked the moderator LOL. 🤦🏽‍♀️So he got dealt with and banned from the discord. I’m really happy I got his island name and the character name too.
Thankfully he got banned so it wont happen again, but sadly it was at your expense D:
Discord can be very finnicky to trade but also useful!
I met somebody very nice on Discord that gave me Judy for free!
Its all about risks and stuff but I hope you can find Raymond :c

It's so pathetic that some guy would want Judy so bad he'd scam for her... what about that little carebear would make someone want to take advantage of another person lol

I don't blame you for it leaving a sour taste in your mouth and making you not want to play. It really ruins the feeling that your island is a positive and happy escape from the stresses and negativity of the world. I really hope you can come back to the game after your break and enjoy the efforts you put in to finishing your island's design.

I HIGHLY recommend not doing villager swaps because I've read of these scenarios repeatedly. Best thing to do is just take some currency for your villager, and then make a separate transaction with someone using that currency for the villager you want.

In fact, even if you do want to do a villager swap, I'd still recommend taking some form of currency or guarantee from them that you will return to them when they open up their gates and let you invite their villager. So for example, when they come to invite your villager, they drop 10 gold nuggets and 50 nmt, and then when they open their gates and let you invite their villager you return the nuggets and nmt.

i have raymond on my secondary island. would give him to you for free if i could since i don't use that island, but i don't have a nintendo online membership for my second switch.

but if you want i can give you NMTs for free instead. i can part with maybe 200 NMT, i know it's not a lot but it could help.

i'm so sorry this happened to you :( i've seen so many people scamming with raymond, it's really horrible.

i have raymond on my secondary island. would give him to you for free if i could since i don't use that island, but i don't have a nintendo online membership for my second switch.
Can you try the free 7-day trial?

i really dont understand why people do this stuff. im sorry you lost judy. one thing that might help you get raymond in your campsite. do u have any smug villagers? the campsite tries to fill in missing personalities in your town so if u dont have any smugs thats the personality youll get. so i had all personalities but smug and the first camper i got after that was raymond. you may have to go through multiple campers but if u really want him its worth it.

Back