• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

WRITING LETTERS

Tonya830

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Does anybody still write to the villagers? Ever since I made my new town (going on almost 2 months) I haven't written a single letter.

Does it really have an effect on the villagers?

If you do write letters, what do you say?
I'm pretty curious about this.

yeah it does actually have an effect on your villagers and it's cute when they bring them up. I usually write random stuff and send them items to put in their house and then always mention that we're friends or best friends cause I read on a guide that putting the word "friend" in their helps the friendship score. And a lot of the letters they send back are super cute too. I try to do it weekly when I remember cause I like having a back and fourth. I only send them to my keeper villagers though, I don't bother sending them to the people I intend to boot.

I love writing letters. I do it every day, even though I earned all of the badges months ago. Coming up with topics is surprisingly easy for me. I usually talk about what's going on in town, something I've noticed or I make little jokes.

Last edited:
I write all kinda of letters to my villagers, asking how they're doing, telling them how cool they are or about upcoming/recent events or holidays--it's a lot of fun, IMO!

Yeah, I still write letters. I love to write letters, though villagers don't reply with something interesting and often respond with the same thing over and over. I write welcoming letters to the newly-moved villagers, birthday greetings for the birthday celebrants, apologies when I haven't completed the tasks they've asked me, and sometimes I attach a fruit or a furniture and asking my villagers what kinds of food/furniture they like.

Your villagers show you the very first letter you've sent to them, it may be kind of awkward or heart-warming.

I sometimes write to them but I just type in random stuff saying how I was busy or something.

I'm trying to write at least one letter every day (I just reset). I started by writing genuine letters, but I've started just sending them song lyrics, lol.

Yeah, I still write letters. I love to write letters, though villagers don't reply with something interesting and often respond with the same thing over and over. I write welcoming letters to the newly-moved villagers, birthday greetings for the birthday celebrants, apologies when I haven't completed the tasks they've asked me, and sometimes I attach a fruit or a furniture and asking my villagers what kinds of food/furniture they like.

Your villagers show you the very first letter you've sent to them, it may be kind of awkward or heart-warming.

Oh, writing apologies for tasks is a good idea, I do that too! I'm about to write Sprinkle an apology letter, as she wanted signatures for a petition, and the town I went to only had 5 villagers actually awake, and I didn't get another one. I'll put a gift too, I don't want her to hate me D:

Absolutely!! I always write letters to my villagers when I have something I want to say to them.

I wrote 3 letters for one villager all at once and they sent me a letter each day for 2 days, it was kinda cute! It pays off if you're already good friends and you get a letter back!

I hate writing letters, so normally I just send them for holidays and birthdays. And I get embarrassed every time one of my villagers read one of my letter because I sound so stupid.

I am really bad about writing letters, because I use my letter spaces for tool storage and I hate not having that space until I get a new letter. But I love when they show them to me!

My favorite letter to Skye I wrote, because she mentions reading a lot, i wrote something like "in the winter I love curling up with a book and a snack.
My dog begs for the snack.
So does my boyfriend.
I don't share. "

I write 4 letters every day & I usually just ask about their day, etc. but sometimes if I hate the villager I'll just send song lyrics.

Yeahh, it boosts your friendship a bit I think. I just write hi and send sometimes I write about hanging out and up coming events. I used to write swear words to my villagers when I was small playing the wild world version xD

I LOVE writing my villagers letters! I usually send them fruit or random furniture junk I find laying around. I just send them cute things like "Oh I love what you've done to your house." or "I like that you displayed the shirt I sent you!"

Just cute little things like that. It helps because your villagers will also send you little things back like random perfect fruit, normal fruit, furniture, clothes, etc etc.

Quick Question, How do I find paper for letters? Ive been to every store and can't find it! I know its prolly a dumb question :(

I hate writing letters, so normally I just send them for holidays and birthdays. And I get embarrassed every time one of my villagers read one of my letter because I sound so stupid.

Same! That's why I try not to write anything personal because it sounds even more stupid. And the nightmares of someone who gets your villager reading your letter??

Same! That's why I try not to write anything personal because it sounds even more stupid. And the nightmares of someone who gets your villager reading your letter??

Haha yes! Every time I sell or give someone one of my villagers, Im always paranoid about them reading my letters!

I write my villagers all the time! I write them genuine messages about random stuff I think about. The only letters I never wrote legitimately were in the Gamecube version when you had to have fossils examined by the museum via mail. Those letters usually consisted of "sldkfjawiofsl." :)

Back