• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Your house placement?

Lykke

Doglover
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm super curious on where everyone placed their houses :) Please tell! ^_^ Plus I need ideas for my new town!

I've got mine south of the river, nestled next to a cliff. That gives me a waterfall right behind the house. In front of the house is a cliff overlooking the ocean, and if I wear a wetsuit I can jump straight in.

The area south of the river used to be full of animal neighbors, but I've been letting them move out and replacing then with community projects so that the whole area is becoming my own private park. :)

I'll upload a screenshot later - but I moved in next door to Mint (whose now gone) and Wart Jr moved next to me (whose moving today) and then Maple moved nearby, so I'm in a little neighbourhood. I'm near the train station, police station and my alt chars house. I'm as close to the river as Nook would let me, and I built a bridge nice and close :) I surrounded it with flowers and I have a pond 5 spaces away.. Sorry to go on, but.. Yeah. a screenshot would of spoken enough..

I like it when people get really descriptive :) It just shows they really care and though a lot about their house placement! There is no shame in that!

Heh. I didn't really think much, I just plopped it down and I've grown to love it. Now I have a space on either side of me for dreamies to move in and be my neighbours! :D <3

Last edited:
mine is next to the waterfall, with the private beach just below it. The cafe and police station are nearby and right in front of the police station I can jump off the cliff :)

I placed my house down by the cliff overlooking the ocean so no villager could plop their house in front of mine and ruin my beautiful ocean view. I can also jump off the cliff in front of my house into the ocean. I did make sure that there was enough room next to me and the tall cliff wall to place a smal orchard of perfect fruit trees, but not enough room for a villager to move in there. It's quite a way from the train station but fairly close to the ramp to the boat dock and Re-tail is about halfway between the train station and the dock. Town Hall is next to Re-Tail with the Police Station between the two. The Plaza is behind Town Hall. I rather like my layout.

Mine's in the top half of the town, right by the river, and near a bridge. I specifically chose that area so I could easily go fishing and easily go to the south part of town when I needed to. This was before I had the money to put in two more bridges.

I put mine south of the waterfall leading into the river. I really like it.

hanamura_zps67b213d4.png

Hanamura - My mayor lives on east of the map. It's just a small gap near where the waterfall exits and I liked it because there isn't enough room for a villager to squeeze their house next to/behind mine. Although Lobo has gone and placed his directly in front of mine... and then Whitney placed her house in front of his. :rolleyes: Then I've a second house for my pattern mule, Luca, someplace out of the way (in a small space in the south-west of the map where previously I'd just had three lemon trees).

konohana_zpsbdaad5ce.png

Konohana - this is going to be my themed town. It'll be a zen themed town with a psychological story - so house placement was something I definitely thought a lot about. My mayor, Haruna, lives kind of central near the main bridge in town (not too far from retail or the town tree). My second character, Natsuo, lives in the north-east of the town near the ramp to the beach. The third character, Akiko, lives in a (soon-to-be) forest in the north-west of the map.

Last edited:
I don't feel like uploading my map, so...

I placed my house on a peninsula that's fairly close to the center of the map. About a year ago the idea to have my house on a peninsula just kind of popped in my head~ I created a lovely garden on the peninsula right by my house. <3

The river in my town runs across the map, so I placed my house in the bottom left corner of the upper half. I have a private beach to the left and a big orchard behind me! And all my villagers are in the bottom half, although my first villagers started at the left of the map in a little alcove, they've begun migrating right next to the town hall. Isabelle is popular with the people, I guess!

I have my house on a little peninsula part on the cliff overlooking my southern beach. I placed it there mostly because I wanted it on a secluded part on the more narrow half of my town separated from the rest by the river. I also wanted it right by my first bridge. Unfortunately, it caused a ruckus with all of the places my first few villagers to move in chose to place their houses. xD Tex was the worst, he was practically right on top of my beach access ramp! >_<' That strip of land is still pretty crowded, though...

I placed mine away from all my villagers as its quiet, plus i have quite abit of space to decorate around it with tree's and such. Although 2 villagers actually moved infront of my house, argh! So working to move them out. My luck i guess. c:

Last edited:
I put mine by the south part of my town (near the ocean). Seemed like a great idea at first, until I realized I had to run all the way north to get to shops >.>

Bottom left corner overlooking a cliff. I have villagers left, right and behind me but I like it, it's kinda cosy.

Both of mine are by the river (two towns). I plan on restarting my first eventually but for now it's near the river. My main town (which is ironically my downloaded second copy) has a dip in the river so I put my house there with a fountain next to it and I'm making a hybrid rose garden :3

My house is place on the upper west part of the map right where the river empties into the ocean.
Since everyone else lives on the lower east part, its pretty quiet near my house since no one really wanders there.

Back