• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AMA Ask Midoriya Anything (AMA)!

1. Do you like to play any other sport besides martial arts?

2. What are your hopes for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? Personally, I'd like the walking with Pokémon feature from HG/SS to return in these games. Also, I think the games should have a good postgame. Most of the recent Gen 6-8 games lacked this, but older Pokémon games have this same issue. For example, Ruby and Sapphire literally had NO endgame at all except the Battle Tower and catching Latias/Latios, though Emerald added the Battle Frontier to make up for it. And there's not much to do in B/W either, but B2/W2 has more content like the PWT. Another issue I have with the main series Pokémon games is that they become repetitive - you pick a starter, collect gym badges, stop the villainous team, face the Elite 4 and become Champion. Hence, I tend to enjoy playing the spinoffs more like the Myster Dungeon series, Colosseum, Ranger, and Conquest. They provide a fresh gameplay experience that's different than the main series games. But Scarlet/Violet are going to be an open world RPG that you can freely explore like PL: Legends, so it'll most likely be a unique experience for players. I won't keep my hopes too high, but if they at least bring back the Pokémon following you feature, I'll be satisfied with the upcoming games :)

Last edited:
1. Do you like to play any other sport besides martial arts?

2. What are your hopes for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? Personally, I'd like the walking with Pokémon feature from HG/SS to return in these games. Also, I think the games should have a good postgame. Most of the recent Gen 6-8 games lacked this, but older Pokémon games have this same issue. For example, Ruby and Sapphire literally had NO endgame at all except the Battle Tower and catching Latias/Latios, though Emerald added the Battle Frontier to make up for it. Another issue I have with the main series Pokémon games is that they become repetitive - you pick a starter, collect gym badges, stop the villainous team, face the Elite 4 and become Champion. Hence, I tend to enjoy playing the spinoffs more like the Myster Dungeon series, Colosseum, Ranger, and Conquest. They provide a fresh gameplay experience that's different than the main series games. But Scarlet/Violet are going to be an open world RPG that you can freely explore like PL: Legends, so it'll most likely be a unique experience for players. I won't keep my hopes too high, but if they at least bring back the Pokémon following you feature, I'll be satisfied with the upcoming games :)

1. No. I tried various other sports when I was younger and found them all to be not for me. Team sports and me don't mix.

2. Honestly I'm just hoping they're fun. I don't have crazy high expectations like others do. I do hope the following feature returns, and it would be nice if they came up with something entirely new from gym battles, totem battles, and plain Pokemon-catching. I'm not sure what that would look like, but it's an interesting gateway to many theories. I'm already sold on the game since they've revealed that it's going to be a full open-world format. As long as they don't mess it up like they did with Sword/Shield, I honestly don't care about anything else.

~Ba ba ba bummmmmmp~

zg771He.gif

How would you describe Genshin Impact to a person like me who has never played it?

How would you describe Genshin Impact to a person like me who has never played it?

Copied and pasted because I'm lazy and Mistreil is torturing me with a mirror right now. 🤪

"Genshin Impact is a gacha game that functions as sort of an in-between between a solo online game and an MMO. Basically, the game is mostly single player, but you can co-op in it as well.

It's based on fantasy elements and characters having unique abilities called "Visions," each with a different type. There's weapons and so much more to that aspect too. Not to mention there's a lot of cool and neat lore in the game, the story is pretty good (well, aside from some parts of Inazuma), and it's just a ton of fun to play.

Well it takes a lot of elements from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. However, the game itself features nations that represent different countries. The first country you play in is Mondstadt, which is most similar to Germany. Then you go to Liyue, which is very similar to China. After that you travel to Inazuma, which is most similar to Japan. The game has heavy anime influences, but even people who don't like anime can enjoy the game.

There's also an Archon of each nation, which serves as the nation's god, and there's dragons, the Abyss Order (which are the bad guys), and many more fantasy aspects to it as well."

What is your dream job? ^^

Considering the bad jobs I've had in the past, I already have my dream job right now.

If we're talking about what would I do if time and money weren't an issue, hmmm... I'd really love to finish my fictional book series that has around a dozen chapters so far. It's an original idea, but I'm afraid it may never come to light as I just never have enough time to sit down and work on it.

Considering the bad jobs I've had in the past, I already have my dream job right now.

If we're talking about what would I do if time and money weren't an issue, hmmm... I'd really love to finish my fictional book series that has around a dozen chapters so far. It's an original idea, but I'm afraid it may never come to light as I just never have enough time to sit down and work on it.
Awww I’m happy for you. What is your job like? ^^

And I’m also working towards being an author myself, but in a different direction ^^

Awww I’m happy for you. What is your job like? ^^

And I’m also working towards being an author myself, but in a different direction ^^

Not going to go into much detail, but I will say I love my pay, my coworkers, and what I do. None of my past jobs had all three of those things, so I'm very fortunate, and I worked extremely hard to get into this role and continue to work hard while in it every day.

Yeah, I've read somewhere here that you're interested in becoming an author. You should definitely go for it. Between the two of us, at least one of us has to make it happen, right? :LOL:

Not going to go into much detail, but I will say I love my pay, my coworkers, and what I do. None of my past jobs had all three of those things, so I'm very fortunate, and I worked extremely hard to get into this role and continue to work hard while in it every day.

Yeah, I've read somewhere here that you're interested in becoming an author. You should definitely go for it. Between the two of us, at least one of us has to make it happen, right? :LOL:
1. I’m glad things are going well for you in terms of your job/career. <3333

2. Yes XDDDD But I hope we can both make it happen eventually. ^^ 📚📚📚

top 3 best birds... go!

You wouldn't believe it, but I actually clicked on your profile cause I saw you posted in the counting thread, and I saw you viewing my AMA. I'm like, is Rin going to post in my thread? 😮

Anyway, here is my list:

1. Penguin

dqcosgc.png

Penguins are technically birds, but flightless ones. Look at this cute guy. Adorable. 🥺
2. Toucan

xN7bpIR.jpg

I always loved watching the Fruit Loop commercials, and wondered what the bird in it looked like in real life. Toucans have such beautiful beaks! 🤩
3. Hawk

uBBHzHI.png

What can I say? Hawks are majestic and not to be messed with. Also helps that one of my FAVORITE characters from Sonic, Jet the Hawk, is a hawk as well. 😛

Let me see a list of your top 10 favorite Pokemon >:3

Copied and pasted because I'm lazy.

1. Lucario
2. Hydreigon
3. Infernape
4. Eelektross
5. Spinda
6. Darkrai
7. Litten
8. Gliscor
9. Alolan Vulpix
10. ???

Not going to share the 10th, because that would make it too easy for Snek to guess it in the "Guess The Above User's Favorite Pokemon" thread.

What’s the most interesting weather you’ve ever seen?

I live in Texas. While it rarely snows here, there was this one time when it snowed back when I was living with my mom at a townhouse, and because where we lived was essentially in a lower-to-sea-level valley, the snow collected and actually piled up!

I was so excited that there was finally enough snow where I was to build a snowman, and that's exactly what I did. I used chocolates and other things for it as well.

But unfortunately, it's gone.

Last edited:
Do you have a favorite movie?

Yeah, for non-anime it's definitely the first Space Jam movie. I have fond memories watching that movie at someone I used to know's house.

For anime it would be the Cowboy Bebop movie. It was my first real anime movie that I watched and I enjoyed it.

Back