• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AMA Ask Midoriya Anything (AMA)!

Joke questions
1. What did you do to Midoriya?!?!
2. Did you hack into his account?

Random questions
1. Why did you choose Venti as your username and aesthetic?
2. Do you like spicy wings or mild wings?
3. How is it going in martial arts? What belt are you on and what's the highest level possible you can achieve?
4. Do you have a favourite ost from Genshin Impact?
5. What are your thoughts about flamingos?

1. Have there been any anime you tried to watch, but couldn't stand?
2. If you could only wear outfits from one fictional character's wardrobe for the rest of your life, who would you pick?

1. No, because I usually get others' opinions on an anime before starting it. I've never dropped an anime before because of this.
2. Ooo, this is a great question. Probably Izuku Midoriya's to be honest. His hero costume is super cool, and he has some nice casual outfits as well.

1. Favorite drink?
2. Favorite Animal Crossing villager?
3. Favorite time of day?

1. Sprite, but I don't drink soda anymore because I cut all caffeine out of my life.
2. Lucky since the GameCube version!
3. Evening/night.

Joke questions
1. What did you do to Midoriya?!?!
2. Did you hack into his account?

Random questions
1. Why did you choose Venti as your username and aesthetic?
2. Do you like spicy wings or mild wings?
3. How is it going in martial arts? What belt are you on and what's the highest level possible you can achieve?
4. Do you have a favourite ost from Genshin Impact?
5. What are your thoughts about flamingos?

1. I used my Archon powers to kill him! Muahahahah (you're welcome, Shigaraki)!!!
2. Yep, I sure did! *hacking noises in background*

1. Because Genshin Impact is my favorite recent online game and he represents the color green, which is my favorite color. He's also similar to Midoriya in terms of personality and aesthetics.
2. Spicy!! I live on the EDGE! 😋
3. It's a lot of fun! I'm brown belt second degree in Aikido and two belt ranks away from having a black belt in both Karate and Aikido!
4. This one is my favorite as of now:

5. They're super fun and pink, so they get a 10/10 from me! 😁

1. What’s the best place you’ve visited?

2. What was your first anime?

3. What’s the hardest Pokémon challenge run you’ve done?

4. Is there an underrated game you like?

5. Can you walk backwards?

1. What’s the best place you’ve visited?

2. What was your first anime?

3. What’s the hardest Pokémon challenge run you’ve done?

4. Is there an underrated game you like?

5. Can you walk backwards?

1. A small mom & pop shop in Michigan simply because they made the best sub sandwiches I've ever eaten. 🤤

2. Cowboy Bebop.

3. Probably my Pokemon Ultra Sun Wonderlocke. It was very difficult at times and I wanted to give up, but boy was it rewarding in the end. Getting Volcarona onto my team was a MAJOR boost against the elite four and for the title of champion. :D

4. Yep, Ribbit King for the GameCube! It doesn't get enough love.

5. Yes, I can pretty well. 😎

1. What is one video game series you haven't played, but want to try out?
2. How often do you deal with hot temperatures?
3. Most common animal from where you live?
4. Are you scared of dogs?
5. Do you have a favourite vegetable?
6. How did that Smash Bros. battle go down between you and nerfeddude where you came out on top?

Joke questions:
1. What is 2+2? Wrong answers only.
2. Did I ask too many questions?

1. What is one video game series you haven't played, but want to try out?
2. How often do you deal with hot temperatures?
3. Most common animal from where you live?
4. Are you scared of dogs?
5. Do you have a favourite vegetable?
6. How did that Smash Bros. battle go down between you and nerfeddude where you came out on top?

Joke questions:
1. What is 2+2? Wrong answers only.
2. Did I ask too many questions?

1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... the Dragon Quest series. DQ. That's what I like about JRPGs.

2. Pretty frequently during the spring, summer, and fall, but I much prefer it to colder temperatures.

3. A squirrel. I mean, let's be real here. I live in the suburbs. I'm not going to walk outside my house and see a horse just strolling idly by (though it would be funny if it did).

4. No.

5. Yes, my favorite vegetable is a potato.

6. Honestly, I don't know since I didn't save the recording. All I know is I've gotten a LOT better with Little Mac since I've trained with him with another friend. I'm incorporating more shielding and counters into my game. I know that I was on a winning streak before winning against them, and that for my third KO in that match I might have misclicked into a counter-attack, but that ended up working to my advantage.

Joke questions:

1. It's 22 to the power of 2 times 2 hundred and twenty two thousand, of course.

2. Never enough questions. Just make sure not to ask about my secret car dealership. That is off limits for discussion.

Bump!

Wow, can't believe this thread has been active for almost a year already. :eek:

1. Why did your profile pic recently remind me of Pit from Kid Icarus?
2. Hardest game you ever played in your life?
3. Longest gaming session in one sitting?
3. If you draw, how often do you do it?
4. I probably didn't see it in this thread, but who is your favourite pokemon?
5. What made you watch basketball in the first place?
6. ...Any thoughts about me?
7. How often do you look in the Animal Crossing sections of TBT?
8. Before Genshin Impact was released, what were your initial thoughts about it? I remember someone smashing their PS4 at a game con once if I recall correctly lol.

Joke question:
Where is Midoriya?!?!

Btw, I listened to the ost on your first post and I liked it!

1. Why did your profile pic recently remind me of Pit from Kid Icarus?
2. Hardest game you ever played in your life?
3. Longest gaming session in one sitting?
4. If you draw, how often do you do it?
5. I probably didn't see it in this thread, but who is your favourite pokemon?
6. What made you watch basketball in the first place?
7. ...Any thoughts about me?
8. How often do you look in the Animal Crossing sections of TBT?
9. Before Genshin Impact was released, what were your initial thoughts about it? I remember someone smashing their PS4 at a game con once if I recall correctly lol.

Joke question:
Where is Midoriya?!?!

Btw, I listened to the ost on your first post and I liked it!

1. Probably because both Venti and Pit are "higher powers" in general. Well, to be more specific, Pit is an angel and Venti is an Archon, which is equivalent to a god. But ehhhhh.... close enough.

2. Hmm, this one took some thinking, but it would probably be the original Spyro trilogy. Not because the games themselves were difficult, but because younger me was stupid and didn't know squat about how to progress in the game. Thankfully, my sister helped me beat it.

3. Probably over 24 hours. And I don't even know which game it would have been. Most likely either Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or a MMORPG (which I don't play those anymore).

4. I don't draw. I'm a terrible artist that somehow masqueraded as a somewhat competent artist during the forum events last year. :lemon:

5. Lucario. Always has been.

6. So back around 2007 when I was just a little one, my family was watching the Dallas Mavericks take on the Miami Heat in the finals, and they lost. Fast forward to 2011 and I was at the last home game between the Mavericks and the Oklahoma City Thunder before the Mavs won and advanced. I was in Florida on vacation when they beat the Miami Heat in a rematch in the finals. Ever since those years I've always really enjoyed basketball in general, even if it's not the Mavs playing. People will say crap like, "Oh, hockey is so much more exciting," and that may be true (I love hockey too), but because my dad and I went to a lot of basketball games while I was growing up, basketball will always have a special place in my heart.

7. Yes, you're a very cool and good friend. I like to read your posts in the "What are you happy about today" thread and I like it when you're happy. I can relate to you as well in the fact that we don't always get along with our families. You're also passionate about your interests like I am with mine, which is a good thing. I love it when we play ACNH together too. :D

8. Every day I check the New Horizons section, though lately it's kind of boring. I'll post occasionally too, but only once in a blue moon on several threads, and then I disappear again.

9. Initially I thought that I wouldn't like it at all (if you read my earlier posts in the Genshin Impact thread in the Gamer's Lounge), but after playing it for the first time I feel like it captured the magic of what other online games couldn't in the past. And because of that I fell in love with the game. It's very fun and very addictive. Yes, the microtransactions are a problem in this game, but I love it anyway. I never was a Legend of Zelda fan at all, so having something that's like BoTW but isn't quite the same was a delight.

Joke question answer:

1. I told you already, I killed him. He's dead. :lemon:

---

Thank you, I love it too! :D

So back around 2007 when I was just a little one, my family was watching the Dallas Mavericks take on the Miami Heat in the finals, and they lost. Fast forward to 2011 and I was at the last home game between the Mavericks and the Oklahoma City Thunder before the Mavs won and advanced. I was in Florida on vacation when they beat the Miami Heat in a rematch in the finals. Ever since those years I've always really enjoyed basketball in general, even if it's not the Mavs playing. People will say crap like, "Oh, hockey is so much more exciting," and that may be true (I love hockey too), but because my dad and I went to a lot of basketball games while I was growing up, basketball will always have a special place in my heart.
You just unlocked a memory in my head. It was somewhere around 2011 too and watched the finals on TV with my family when I was younger. I and my mom were rooting for Miami Heat because Lebron James was there back then while my dad was rooting for the Mavericks for some reason lol. Obviously, the Mavericks won the finals which made me sad, but I remember in one of the games where Dirk Nowitzki made a throw at the net a few seconds before the end of the game and literally just ran off the court (and other players) afterward presumably to the locker room. 😆 I think he scored as well!
Initially I thought that I wouldn't like it at all (if you read my earlier posts in the Genshin Impact thread in the Gamer's Lounge), but after playing it for the first time I feel like it captured the magic of what other online games couldn't in the past. And because of that I fell in love with the game. It's very fun and very addictive. Yes, the microtransactions are a problem in this game, but I love it anyway. I never was a Legend of Zelda fan at all, so having something that's like BoTW but isn't quite the same was a delight.
That's very interesting!
I told you already, I killed him. He's dead. :lemon:
Nooooooooooooo!
Thank you, I love it too! :D
I actually let the ost play out in full which was just over half an hour. Yeah, I really like it haha. Do you have any more ost recommendations from Genshin Impact?

Wow, that's awesome! If memory serves me correctly, you created this thread not long after the 2021 TBTWC ended. Speaking of which:

1. What was your favourite memory from that event?
2. Did you feel proud representing team Blue's Clues? Even though we finished dead last? lol
3. Which one would you choose, TBTWC or Camp TBT?
4. Favourite meme?
5. Are you okay? I thought I'd just check up on you. I feel like you haven't been as happy in the past couple of days.

Wow, that's awesome! If memory serves me correctly, you created this thread not long after the 2021 TBTWC ended. Speaking of which:

1. What was your favourite memory from that event?
2. Did you feel proud representing team Blue's Clues? Even though we finished dead last? lol
3. Which one would you choose, TBTWC or Camp TBT?
4. Favourite meme?
5. Are you okay? I thought I'd just check up on you. I feel like you haven't been as happy in the past couple of days.

1. Favorite memory from that event is definitely creating the haikus for team cheers, XD.

2. Yeah, I did! I was a true blue until the end.

3. Camp TBT was more fun to be honest.

4. Hmmmmmm... this.

5. I didn't have a good week last week, but I'm doing better now! :D

- Is there an underrated anime or game you think more people should try?
- What’s the best game console you’ve used?
- Have you ever visited places out of state before?

- Is there an underrated anime or game you think more people should try?
- What’s the best game console you’ve used?
- Have you ever visited places out of state before?

1. Yes, Pokemon Conquest.

2. Probably my 3DS.

3. Yep, plenty of them! I explained all the places in another post on this thread. :p

Where would you ideally like to live? You don’t have to mention a specific city, but general area is fine.

Where would you ideally like to live? You don’t have to mention a specific city, but general area is fine.

1. Anywhere but the state I currently live in, lol.

Nah, but ideally either Colorado, Washington state, or Pennsylvania would be ideal. That's if I stay in the United States though. Would love to live in another country like Canada or New Zealand.

Back