• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AMA Ask Midoriya Anything (AMA)!

Do you think that video games based on anime are just just quick cash ins from developers like bandai?

Like there is way too many one piece and dbz games all of them are just more or less the same fighting game styled stuff imo.

Do you think that video games based on anime are just just quick cash ins from developers like bandai?

Like there is way too many one piece and dbz games all of them are just more or less the same fighting game styled stuff imo.

Yeah, actually, I do. I don't really play any of those... aside from My Hero One's Justice. I played that for a bit, but have fallen out of love from it. It did not keep my attention, lol.

You are right that they have the same style and are mostly the same generic crap. The only fighting game I really love playing is SSBU, lol.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, how did you choose your villagers for your New Horizons island(or maybe that was your New Leaf town?) are they your favorite villagers or are they suppose to represent students at U.A High?

Sorry if this has already been asked before, how did you choose your villagers for your New Horizons island(or maybe that was your New Leaf town?) are they your favorite villagers or are they suppose to represent students at U.A High?

My previous NH island was called UA Academy, and I basically chose the villagers based on characters from the show with the help of some friends.

However, I've since deleted that island and was unfortunately not able to get it back. My new island is called Sumeru, but I haven't really logged into it since early this year. I've been getting the itch to play again, however, so maybe I will soon.

Yeah, actually, I do. I don't really play any of those... aside from My Hero One's Justice. I played that for a bit, but have fallen out of love from it. It did not keep my attention, lol.

You are right that they have the same style and are mostly the same generic crap. The only fighting game I really love playing is SSBU, lol.
Well yeah after a while, you start seeing how much crap those fighter types really are.

ssbu is the best in the smash series imo its pretty much how i got into so many games really

what brought you to tbt originally?

I got New Leaf shortly after it came to the US in 2013. I had played every Animal Crossing game beforehand dating back to the GameCube version, but City Folk is kind of where I dropped off for awhile because of how lackluster it was to me. Then once I had New Leaf, I was looking for a new forum to call home, and came across this place in the summer of 2013. I quickly made an account, a decision I'll never regret, as by now I've made countless friends and memories here.

I don't really play AC much anymore. New Horizons felt super lackluster to me, similarly to City Folk. But that doesn't mean I'll be leaving anytime soon! I have such a fondness for this forum and its members. 💚

Is TBT the only forum you’ve actively been part of? Or were you previously active on other forums?

Is TBT the only forum you’ve actively been part of? Or were you previously active on other forums?

I've been on other forums in the past, especially when I used to play MMORPGs. But I left them all for a variety of reasons.

- Most all of them were poorly moderated. I have yet to encounter a forum that is better moderated than The Bell Tree.
- Some of them ended up promoting people to moderators that didn't deserve the role at all, and as a result, the forum suffered.
- Or I just stopped playing the game attached to the forum, hence... no real reason to stick around on the forum. Lol.

All in all, out of all the forums I've been on growing up, TBT is definitely the best I've been to. Oh, and... would you look at that. It's also lasted the longest. Hmm. 👀

Do you like Disney?

Nope, not a fan of Disney and never really been a fan of them to be honest. I always watched Cartoon Network instead growing up, and nowadays all I watch is anime, so.... yeah.

I'm ngl, that creeped me out somewhat, and I also want the past minute or two of my life back please. LMAO :LOL:
Yeah, wasn’t sure what I was watching when it was first sent to me.

I also like that they’re really trying to sell that they’re the ones making the bird noises lol

@Midoriya I know this thread is dormant so I’m gonna ping you just in case.

Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?

@Midoriya I know this thread is dormant so I’m gonna ping you just in case.

Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?

Kieran was fun to battle against in the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC. I did enjoy his story in the game and I think they did his character pretty well, at least generally better than some of the characters from Sword/Shield. That's my two cents on the topic. 🪙 🪙

1: Top 5 Favorite Pokemon Characters? (They can be from either the games or the anime doesn't matter)

2: Random question... What's your opinion on Hop from Sword/Shield? Just wanted to hear your response LOL

1: Top 5 Favorite Pokemon Characters? (They can be from either the games or the anime doesn't matter)

2: Random question... What's your opinion on Hop from Sword/Shield? Just wanted to hear your response LOL

First question:

1. Riley from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

2. Cynthia from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

3. Barry from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

4. Flannery from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

5. Hugh from Pokemon Black 2/White 2

Second question:

Hop is honestly kind of a pushover. I didn't really enjoy his character. It just felt like he didn't have a lot of depth to him. Also not surprising he got replaced by Goh in the anime. Him and Hau from Sun/Moon are honestly forgettable characters imo.

How does this make you feel?

I've heard this song used on a ton of different dumb memes. Now I know the original source. I love how they pretend they're hooting. It's so bad and stupid it's funny lol. (I agree with Midoriya though, I want my two minutes back.)

On topic, do you have any vacation plans for this year?

Back