• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bell Tree Direct - 11.24.23 - Black Friday Shop Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't be able to introduce a toggle anytime soon, but I do hear you guys on that idea. There have been other collectibles in the past too where it would have been interesting, as well as a situation like the flower debate in this thread too. It's something we'll keep in mind for future development for sure.

i think the pokeball should be updated without a toggle it'll be really funny i promise 👼

We won't be able to introduce a toggle anytime soon, but I do hear you guys on that idea. There have been other collectibles in the past too where it would have been interesting, as well as a situation like the flower debate in this thread too. It's something we'll keep in mind for future development for sure.
While you consider a toggle option, you should do this to the glow wands too, so I can change the snowflake wand to white and the pumpkin wand to green. And the moon wand can change from hue changing to on and off.

I guess it could be labeled v1 and v2 and they could just be separate collectibles if the staff wants to keep both art.
Personally I would just rather them be all the same art style.
Or newer flowers could just be stylized similarly to the lilly of the valley flower we already have.

Three more days, then we can send the lights.

But we still have longer to wait till the next Christmas event.

Uh, hi. Just wanted to say thanks for the bells, it's an honor purchasing a squirrel from the shop :D and also, i'm actually looking forward to the Christmas event. The other forums I go on are going downhill in my personal opinion, so i'll hang here.

I don't know when i'll get around to buying an actual animal crossing game (don't know which one i'll get though), but maybe...Idk.

not gonna lie I miss the way the jack collectible used to look.
Literally shaking and crying rn, I just want him back. 😢
BmFhFxAkfR1QeQVweXy1qIbcvyzGJSQsdWlGh3eE1AsrcupnSID_H2XMhFpXulukdiujy8lcnflVTfgJVTUHP2pAGsy8tEm0bpdmUHaCnnCDn9bNQA5YdhjRIOspmvYxXJKOmRqgMCWLMw09J1JkvQ

I didn't want to say anything at first because I don't collect many of the villager collectibles/tend to have a knee-jerk reaction against any form of change ahahaha, but even after sitting with it for a few days, I think I still prefer the older villager designs too. ;v; I also only got Jack recently and strongly prefer his previous design; I feel like it matched better with the other pumpkin collectibles.

i hate “complaining” or expressing negative opinions on anything tbt-related with how much hard work and time the staff puts in, and the last thing that i want to do is come across as rude or ungrateful, but i’m bummed about the changes made to the villager/npc collectibles. jack, especially. he was one of my favourite collectibles, so not being a fan of his new design has lowkey bummed me out, lol. i was hoping i’d like it more or at least get used to it as time went on, but so far that hasn’t happened yet. i’m not a fan of how small his head looks now. i liked that he looked similar to the other jack-o’-lantern collectibles; it made coming up with lineups with them fun. i even purchased gourdy a few weeks ago for that reason. 😩

i do like some of the changes made, though; i actually much prefer the way leif looks now, though it does look like he got caught off on the right side a bit. i’m a fan of the softer, more pastel background colour, though! definitely prefer it to the vibrant green, though it was good as well. lobo’s background colour change is taking a little bit of getting used to, but it does work better with a couple of the lineup ideas that i have with him.

i’d definitely love if some sort of toggle was an option for a premium feature, if that ever comes to fruition. or even just an option in general in the future! again, sorry for being so whiny! i appreciate all of the work you guys do, i just miss jack, lol.

I don't think expressing this kind of feedback is being whiny. the staff knows that we're very grateful for everything they do 🥰 and I'm sure they appreciate the feedback so that they can work toward making the forum a more enjoyable place for us!

that said, I do hope the staff considers what we've said about the villager collectibles. I personally prefer all of the old designs, though I will agree and say that the blue background looks nice on Lobo. but the old villager collectibles were more bold and distinguishable, the new ones look rather flat. poor Jack got hit the hardest I think, and that's one of the only villager collectibles I actually really like.

tbh, if we're gonna complain about the villager/npc collectibles, my biggest gripe, both new and old, has always been the scale inconsistency across them all

I doubt it'll ever be fixed, but if you wanna, I'd personally love that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back