TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Candy Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Easter Bunny
earthweek2024.png

Welcome to our latest TBT's Earth Week 2024 event running from April 20th to 28th! During this event, you can find special limited time opportunities to purchase flowers, grow hybrid flowers, collect historic scenery, earn bells, and more.

Here's what you can experience during TBT's Earth Week 2024...

Purchase Flowers

Every common flower ever released is available for purchase in the Shop during Earth Week! Our collection includes...
  • 208.jpg
    210.jpg
    209.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Roses are available for 39 Bells.
  • 192.jpg
    194.jpg
    193.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Tulips are available for 39 Bells.
  • 167.jpg
    168.jpg
    169.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Cosmos
    are available for 39 Bells.
  • 229.jpg
    231.jpg
    230.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Lilies are available for 39 Bells.
  • 172.jpg
    173.jpg
    174.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Pansies are available for 39 Bells.
  • 236.jpg
    235.jpg
    234.jpg
    Yellow, White, and Purple Violets are available for 39 Bells.
  • 624.jpg
    625.jpg
    626.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Hyacinths are available for 39 Bells.
The Roses, Tulips, and Cosmos flowers will remain in the Shop when Earth Week ends, while the other flower types will rotate out until another time.

Breed Hybrid Flowers

Throughout Earth Week, we are bringing back a fun TBT feature not seen since 2019: hybrid flower breeding! With this feature during the event, you will be able to breed hybrid flower collectibles from your existing flower collectibles, just like in the Animal Crossing games.

Each night, the flowers in your collectible line-up have a small chance to produce a new hybrid collectible from the list of eligible hybrid flowers. This will begin on the evening of Sunday, April 21st and take place for 8 nights until Sunday, April 28th.

For this edition of hybrid flower breeding, we are focusing on brand new flowers for the Rose and Hyacinth sets, while all previously released hybrids from the past are returning as well!

New Hybrid Flowers
  • 710.jpg
    711.jpg
    712.jpg
    Orange, Purple, and Gold Roses can now be grown.
  • 714.jpg
    713.jpg
    716.jpg
    715.jpg
    Orange, Pink, Blue, and Purple Hyacinths can now be grown.
Returning Hybrid Flowers

305.jpg
392.jpg
294.jpg
260.jpg
244.jpg
306.jpg
267.jpg
292.jpg

How It Works

• Flower collectibles must be visible in your line-up and paired horizontally, vertically, or diagonally to breed.
  • To increase your chances of growing a hybrid, you can fit as many pairs into your line-up as possible.
  • Each hybrid combination has a base 2.5% chance of growing a hybrid, with the exception of Black Roses which have 1% chance of growing a Gold Rose.
  • Placing a Watering Can item in your line-up increases the chance of producing a hybrid from any pair in your lineup by 2.5% or 5%.
  • Other users watering your new posts with a Watering Can increases the chance of producing hybrids further, up to an additional 5% in total.
  • If a hybrid combination has multiple possible results, equal random chance between all possibilities will determine the final result when a hybrid is grown.
  • If you successfully grow a hybrid, it will not decrease your chances of growing another one in the subsequent days.
  • However, you cannot grow more than one of each hybrid per day.
  • The hybrid flowers will grow at approximately 10PM-11PM EDT each night. You must have logged into the forum since the previous growth to be eligible to grow a hybrid.
Eligible Hybrid Flowers

The following hybrid flower combinations can be grown during Earth Week...

Pink Rose

208.jpg
+
208.jpg
=
305.jpg

208.jpg
+
209.jpg
=
305.jpg

208.jpg
+
711.jpg
=
305.jpg

Orange Rose

208.jpg
+
210.jpg
=
710.jpg

Purple Rose

209.jpg
+
209.jpg
=
711.jpg

Black Rose

208.jpg
+
208.jpg
=
392.jpg

Magic Red Rose

710.jpg
+
711.jpg
=
719.jpg

Animation temporary during hybrid breeding events.

Blue Rose

719.jpg
+
719.jpg
=
294.jpg

(Magic Red Roses grown from
710.jpg
+
711.jpg
)

Gold Rose

392.jpg
+
392.jpg
=
712.jpg

Breeding Gold Roses requires the Golden Watering Can displayed in your line-up. Additionally, Gold Roses always have a 1% chance of growing, and are unaffected by bonuses. Animation is permanent.

Orange Hyacinth

624.jpg
+
625.jpg
=
714.jpg

Pink Hyacinth

624.jpg
+
626.jpg
=
713.jpg

Blue Hyacinth

626.jpg
+
626.jpg
=
716.jpg

714.jpg
+
714.jpg
=
716.jpg

Purple Hyacinth

716.jpg
+
716.jpg
=
715.jpg

714.jpg
+
714.jpg
=
715.jpg

Blue Pansy

173.jpg
+
173.jpg
=
260.jpg

Pink Cosmos

167.jpg
+
169.jpg
=
244.jpg

Pink Tulip

192.jpg
+
193.jpg
=
306.jpg

Pink Lily

229.jpg
+
229.jpg
=
267.jpg

229.jpg
+
230.jpg
=
267.jpg

Blue Violet

235.jpg
+
234.jpg
=
292.jpg

Buy Watering Cans

Want to increase the odds of growing a hybrid flower collectible in your line-up? Leif is selling brand new Watering Can items in the Shop during Earth Week to help you out!

Watering Cans give multiple perks to help both yourself and others increase the odds of growing a hybrid flower collectible, or even a magical Gold Rose.

You can buy two different types of Watering Cans in the Shop:
  • 717.jpg
    Flimsy Watering Can costs 149 Bells and...
    • Increases the chance of you producing hybrids by 2.5%, when placed in your line-up.
    • Unlocks 💦 Water reaction, which Increases the chance of another user producing hybrids by 0.075%, when watering their new posts.
    • Expires as a temporary collectible after Earth Week ends.
  • 718.jpg
    Golden Watering Can costs 499 Bells and...
    • Increases the chance of you producing hybrids by 5%, when placed in your line-up.
    • Unlocks ✨ Sparkle Water reaction, which Increases the chance of another user producing hybrids by 0.15% when watering their new posts.
    • Enables the ability to breed two Black Roses into a Gold Rose, when placed in your line-up.
    • Keep as a permanent collectible after Earth Week ends.
The benefits of these items do not stack, so there is no benefit to owning both watering cans.

When watering other user's posts with either Watering Can, the following applies:
  • Water other users by using the special 💦 Water or ✨ Sparkle Water reactions on their posts.
  • The watering bonus only applies when water is reacted on new posts made since the last hybrid growth time, or the start of Earth Week for the first growth. You can still react, but the bonus will not apply.
  • You can only receive a maximum total of 5% bonus increased chance through other users watering your posts.
  • The bonus chance resets each night after the latest hybrid growth time.

Introducing Historic Scenery

Following up on the initial introduction of Scenery late last year, this event introduces a new way to collect Scenery that will appeal to our members with the most extensive collectible collections!

With Historic Scenery, you can now obtain Scenery collectibles that feature datestamps going back into the past before Scenery was introduced, creating line-ups that were previously impossible.

How Historic Scenery Works

Here's what you need to know about how Historic Scenery works during Earth Week:
  • Historic versions of all Scenery styles released to date are available.
  • Each Historic Scenery item costs 50 Bells each, regardless of style.
  • You can choose datestamps from October 1st, 2012 to November 24th, 2023.
  • A maximum limit of 5 Historic Scenery may be purchased during Earth Week. This will be enforced at the end of the event by automatically discarding excess purchases and is not enforced by the Shop during Earth Week.
  • Transformations of Historic Scenery into your desired date and style will be processed at the end of Earth Week.
Further opportunities to buy historic scenery may come in future events with different options or limits in place.

How To Buy & Use Historic Scenery

For our first experiment with this feature, the process will be somewhat clunky and complicated, so please follow these instructions in the spoiler below closely when purchasing and using Historic Scenery.

Step 1: Purchase up to 5 Historic Scenery items from the Shop for 50 Bells each, regardless of the style you wish to have.

Step 2: Find the Historic Scenery items in your inventory and click Configure.

historicsceneryhowto2.png

Step 3: To select the historic date and time, you must enter a unix timestamp into the matching Unix Timestamp field.

To complete this field, go to this website and input your desired date and time. Ensure the time zone matches your forum time zone setting for consistency with your existing collectibles. Copy the very number in the list that is in a pure number format and paste it into the Unix Timestamp field. It'll look something like this: 1713660180

unixtimestampinstructions.png

Step 4: To select the style of scenery, you must enter one of the following keywords into the Scenery Style field that matches the styles seen in the Shop here:

Code:
lightbrown, lightgreen, skyclouds, skygrass, golden, snowstorm, playful, nightsky

Please be sure to enter the keywords exactly as seen above or your Historic Scenery will not transform.

Step 5: As an example, the screenshot below is what I would input if I wanted a Night Sky Scenery to appear in my line-up on September 19th, 2020 at 9:44PM. Be sure to hit Save!

historicsceneryhowto1.png

Nature Photography Event

Grab your camera and head to the great outdoors! Participate in our The Natural World photography mini-event to earn Bells and a chance at the Lily of the Valley collectible. For more information and to enter, visit the separate The Natural World thread here.

natural_world.png

Pull Weeds For Leif

Pick up some extra bells for your wallet by doing some weed picking for Leif through Earth Week! Throughout the week, Leif will post in this thread asking for help with his weed troubles rewarding you with a small random reward of Bells for assistance.

earthweekpickweeds.png

To start, click the image above to pick your first weeds for Leif!

And speaking of Leif, you can also find his collectible in the Shop for 95 Bells during Earth Week too.

Bell Boom Posting Bonus

During Earth Week, all posts on The Bell Tree can earn a small Bell Boom bonus giving more Bells than usual!

A special thanks to Jeremy for developing the hybrid flower breeding feature, Mistreil for creating banner art, and Chris for hosting The Natural World mini-event.

Last edited:
Darn, would be cool to try to breed Gold Roses but I'm too TBT poor currently. Hopefully they and the Gold Watering Can will return in a future Earth Week.

Glad to see Purple Roses and Orange Roses though, since they're two of my favorite colors, so I'll aim for them.

IMG_7419.jpeg

WHOOOO the new hybrid flowers are so pretty!!! I’m so excited we finally have all of the rose and hyacinth colours!! Purple rose and purple hyacinth my beloveds !! but purple and orange tulips WHEN 😫

The flower breeding mechanic looked super interesting when I looked through the first Hybrid Flower Breeding event, so I’m excited to experience it firsthand! The watering cans are also super cute, I love that we get to keep the golden one permanently after the event ends! That plus all of its perks makes the kind of steep price tempting!

I can’t wait to give hybrid breeding a go (tomorrow..probably..since it’s late and I’m eepy LOL), but I’m definitely most excited about the natural photography event! Photography is a big passion of mine, I’m so excited to see what nature will bless me with over the next week to take photos of! The historic sceneries are also super super cool as well omg

Thank you for the 5 bells, Leif!! Happy Earth Week!!!!
IMG_7420.gif

Back