• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Bell Tree Direct - 9.30.23 - New Staff and October Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
phonto.jpeg

sorry i just thought this would be funny since my first thought was egg hunt xnsjcnhd. i‘m still very excited to see what this year’s event will entail!!

unless jeremy is lying to psych us out and it is in fact an egg hunt 👀

WHEW okay I was actually really hoping Zipper was just making an cameo—I do enjoy the egg hunts, but they can be pretty intense! I was already trying to mentally prepare myself ahahah ;v;

FYI, the Halloween event will not actually be another egg hunt! Zipper just can't seem to stop himself from making a cameo appearance.
But that doesn’t mean he has anything to do with this event right?

RIGHT???

Love it, been a while since a direct! Thanks for the bells!

Discord color is so fun; As much as I love piss yellow, some colors that I think would be cute and make sense are Animal Crossing Yellow, New Horizons Blue, or New Horizons Mint. But a color that always looks nice and tbt loves is a Coral, Pink, or Purple. I think pastels look awesome on discord, so those are my suggestions! (y)

Good luck to the new mods, that's awesome!

I love the idea of animal crossing emoji's reactions, so my suggestions for those would be party poppers 🎉, animal crossing reaction faces
8TyLkbw.png
or the old gyroid reacts
g7ZG9ne.png

Finally, can't wait for Halloween!! Based on the key art, my guess for this years theme is BUGS

Love it, been a while since a direct! Thanks for the bells!

Discord color is so fun; As much as I love piss yellow, some colors that I think would be cute and make sense are Animal Crossing Yellow, New Horizons Blue, or New Horizons Mint. But a color that always looks nice and tbt loves is a Coral, Pink, or Purple. I think pastels look awesome on discord, so those are my suggestions! (y)

Good luck to the new mods, that's awesome!

I love the idea of animal crossing emoji's reactions, so my suggestions for those would be party poppers 🎉, animal crossing reaction faces
8TyLkbw.png
or the old gyroid reacts
g7ZG9ne.png

Finally, can't wait for Halloween!! Based on the key art, my guess for this years theme is BUGS
New horizons blue I am STRONGLY against anything associated with pee colour

halloween hyyyyype! 🎃 i'm so incredibly eggcited, lol jk...unless 😳

huge congrats goes to the new staff members in their moderator roles!! 🥳 all the new changes look great, i really love the upgrade from 😍 to ❤️ ! of all the new reactions available i'd most like to see the hug react, it felt kinda weird to react with 😍 or a thumbs up to things that are maybe sadder. the ❤️ fits much better than the heart eyed guy but a hug would be even better!

as for other possible reacts:
  • Condolences / support / hug [ 🫂 ]
  • Surprised / wow / gasp [ i like 😮 or 😳 or 😲]
  • Finger pointing up / 100 / agreed / this [ not entirely sure how i feel about 👆, i kinda like☝️ better, the first one looks kinda like i'm being given the finger at a quick glance 😭 ]
  • Party popper / sparkles / hands raised / excited for you [ i like 🥳 or 🎉 ]

i don't really mind the pee yellow that's currently used for the discord group, i'm fine with anything that is legible in dark mode, or isn't muddy or hard to read/see [browns/grays/darker colours are kinda meh to me] i wouldn't be against anything that's purple/green/blue and bright enough to read on dark mode. maybe alternating colours by seasons or events would be something interesting to keep it fresh 👀

also! thank you so much for the free bells!

Congratulations @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani!!!!!!!❤️✨🎉 Admin thought that you were both OP so they took you in to balance the future events. Jokes aside, I'm really glad for both of you and hope to still see you around. Especially the "What Are You Happy About?" thread.

Regarding the reacts, I would appreciate it if the one for condolences/support🫂 gets put in first. Sometimes there are days where I don't have the headspace to console someone or can't get the right words out; and the like button doesn't seem appropriate in that situation.

Congratulations @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani!!!!!!!❤️✨🎉 Admin thought that you were both OP so they took you in to balance the future events. Jokes aside, I'm really glad for both of you and hope to still see you around. Especially the "What Are You Happy About?" thread.
Thank you! And yes, I definitely plan to still be a presence around the forum. My time may be a bit more limited, but I will at the very least continue to check in on the "What Are You Happy About?" thread, the Anime Thread, and probably some others as well.

Congratulations to @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani for their ascension into the Staff team!

Wish I had more TBT going into the Halloween festivities this year like I had in previous years. Not sure whether I'll try my hand at the Glow Shroom gacha or if I'll just stick to my saving every last bell for the full event. Regardless, it looks quite nice and I'm glad to see another mushroom collectible! I'll likely seek them out at a later time even if I end up not participating in the gacha itself.

I like the Heart emoji replacing the guy with the heart eyes we had up to now. It looks great! As far as additional reactions go, I support the hug and the celebratory party popper that people have posted throughout the thread. Maybe the 100 or finger pointing up too. I also really loved Jacob's suggestion of the
animal crossing reaction faces
8TyLkbw.png
but upon looking at them for specific suggestions, I found that not many necessarily capture the sort of reactions we're going for on the forums. Maybe ones in the style of the Animal Crossing reaction faces but not necessarily the existing ones?

As for the sitewide emoji change, I'll have to explore them more but I like what little I've seen of them so far too.

No real preference for the Discord username color. I'm an indecisive person, so my first idea was to just alternate colors between the seasons. Spring = Pink, Summer = Green, Autumn = Orange, Winter = White (or something else since white is the default). I imagine this might be an annoyance to implement, but hey, just throwing it out there.

Thank you to Jack for the 75 free bells! Such a benevolent czar, long may he reign.

I'm looking forward to the beginning of the full Halloween event on Friday the 13th and am excited to see what we'll have in store to keep us occupied this month!

I am going to miss LadyDestani’s posts in the forum games. I already had a hard time trying to get the administrators to playing other forum games (like the favorite collectible game thread).

My thoughts on the changes:

- I like the ":love:" and "♥️" reactions equally and I'm indifferent to the change

- I don't really care about the discord color because I don't want to participate in the TBT discord server anyways

- For new reactions if we are taking priority on a few new ones, then I think the "🫂" reaction would be most beneficial, I like the party popper too, I can't ever see myself using the surprised emoji or the "finger pointing up / 100 / agreed / this" reaction when the "👍" reaction is already like the exact same thing.

- Not trying to be negative or rude of the staff's choices for the site but I strongly dislike the "JoyPixels" emoji set and am very disappointed to see it's return, but I hardly ever use emojis anymore anyways so I suppose if everyone else likes it then my opinion should be disregarded

Congrats @~Kilza~ and @LadyDestani ! 🎉

I love everything mentioned in this announcement. I think I like the party popper celebratory emoji idea best personally. It would be nice to show celebration with other members about what they are happy about or celebrating too.
Thanks so much staff for your kindness and hard work with fun events. I look forward to this event.

Now that I think about the upcoming Halloween season, especially with the upcoming event. I would like to see "The Woods" sub-section make a comeback this Halloween as this forum's tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back