TBT's Fourth Egg Decorating Contest - Voting

Which egg deserves to win first place?

Thank you for voting! The results will be announced soon after the voting period has ended.

• Poll closed .
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Woo! My small fry egg is one of the nominees and I'm so happy about it! 🥳

Also, congratulations to the other egg decorating entries for such amazing and creative entries!

I know I’d said it before but I’ll say it again, as a Splatoon - and Salmon Run fan I absolutely adore your Small Fry Egg. I need this as a collectible next year.

This one was extremely tough to vote on - to the point my colleagues complained about the initial limit and I ended up increasing the number we were allowed to nominate. 😂

There were some exceptional entries this time and only 13% made it to the poll. 28% of entries received at least one staff nomination.

I personally want to send my love to @boring's entry. It didn't make the poll but it was my personal #1. I do love when people choose to submit three smaller eggs instead of one regular egg - it gives so much more room for creativity. Maybe to celebrate making it to five years we should allow everyone to enter up to three eggs regardless of size next time? And of course we have heard you all on expanding the materials list and we intend to do just that. 🐰
    OMG I have already so many too ambitious ideas for my skills

Thank you for hiding results cause I would have literally sat here refreshing it every 10 minutes for a week. 🙃

I know there was discussion about splitting the deciding votes into material based entries, but could there potentially be reason to split it into a vote focused on the egg and a vote focused on the egg holder. I feel like a lot of people, particularly this year, put a lot of effort into the egg holder to elevate the egg.

Thank you for hiding results cause I would have literally sat here refreshing it every 10 minutes for a week. 🙃

I know there was discussion about splitting the deciding votes into material based entries, but could there potentially be reason to split it into a vote focused on the egg and a vote focused on the egg holder. I feel like a lot of people, particularly this year, put a lot of effort into the egg holder to elevate the egg.

The focal point of this contest is decorating an egg. As per the rules (quoted below), we will evaluate custom made holders as part of the entry but they're considered optional extras. As this suggestion would draw focus away from the purpose of the event, I don't see this as something we will change in future years. That's not a hard no just that is unlikely as it pulls focus away from the central point of the event.

Optional: you may wish to use an egg cup or create an alternative holder for presentation purposes. While not mandatory we will evaluate any egg holders as part of the entry if it is evident you have created it yourself.

Such a tough decision! All the eggs were so good this year. I'd like to say it'd be easier with more votes, but tbh - it wouldn't. Congrats to everyone who made the cut!

A lot of these entries are really outstanding, either by how well they eggs are decorated or by the creativity that went through the roof. Best of luck everyone!

Also wanted to say, damn there are so many good entries!! 😍🤩

and I'm honoured I got nominated too! I almost didn't participate because there were already so many good entries I didn't think I could ever top that. Than I just decided to make something quick, but that I enjoy, for participation eggs. Expecting it wouldn't be to many peoples taste, but than got so many sweet comments about it, and now nominated! Thank you so much🙈😭

It's a blessing to make something from the heart, in a style that's really close to me, not adjusting it to (what I thought) would please a larger audience, and than getting so many sweet comments! 🙏

The entries for this event were above and beyond the previous generations. Everyone seemed to bring their A game. All participants should be proud of their work.

I cannot tell you how difficult it was to come up with a final shortlist for this event. There were so many incredible entries that I loved! I definitely appreciate the creativity, effort, and craftsmanship that went into creating all of the eggs!

I know we probably each have our own methods of selecting favorites, as surely you all do too, but with only a handful making it to community voting that means many beautiful and worthy eggs won't make the final cut. It doesn't mean that we didn't appreciate your work.

Good luck to everyone in the polls!

no this is the hardest part 😭😭😭 congrats to the finalists and also everyone who submitted an egg! i thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyone's amazing entries.

I hope this is ok for me to post as I really wanted to send a shout out to all these phenomenal finalists.

Jacob, your presentation is absolutely hilarious. But the truth of it is, is that your artistic talent is outstanding! Mz Aquila, yours just touches my heart. Such a fun, creative design, and so very well executed! Holla!!!! I already told you I wanted your egg for my shelf, because I luv all things Galaxy AND Celeste but I just wanted to give you another little shout out at how freaking cute yours is. Oh Skar… as a huge Pokémon fan, I cannot even tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your egg as soon as you posted it. I love it so much! Lord have mercy, Ben. Your egg is so out of this world fantasic. Allllll those details!!! I cannot EVEN!!!! Aniko, such a fun and cute design with just a tad bit of creepiness that makes me laugh!!!! Great job!!! Oh Roxie, you already know how much I absolutely love yours, but I’ll say it again. Such a freaking phenomenal job and holy hell those shoes! Super64, I love the idea that you put into this egg so much. I loved it as soon as I saw it and I hope you take this as a compliment because it is meant to be one, but it kind of made me think of if Tim Burton met animal crossing, because of course the super cool house shape that’s revolved around that egg. Kudos to you! Airysuit, your egg is absolute pure beauty, and I love every single thing about it, and everything about its presentation so much! Millysaurusrexjr, oh my god if I could eat your entire egg and it be edible the way it looks I still don’t think I could do it because it is so flippin cute!!! Yanrima, yours is just so freaking cute! I luv his goofy expression so much!. I want to put it on my shelf as well!!!!

This one was extremely tough to nominate entries for - to the point my colleagues complained about the initial limit and I ended up increasing the number we were allowed to nominate. 😂

There were some exceptional entries this time and only 13% made it to the poll. 28% of entries received at least one staff nomination.

I personally want to send my love to @boring's entry. It didn't make the poll but it was my personal #1. I do love when people choose to submit three smaller eggs instead of one regular egg - it gives so much more room for creativity. Maybe to celebrate making it to five years we should allow everyone to enter up to three eggs regardless of size next time? And of course we have heard you all on expanding the materials list and we intend to do just that. 🐰
    Regardless of size u say?!?! I’m IN!!!

IMG_2226.jpeg

😂😂😂

This one was extremely tough to nominate entries for - to the point my colleagues complained about the initial limit and I ended up increasing the number we were allowed to nominate. 😂

Honoured to even be mentioned - I was very surprised to see so few small egg entries but I gotta say it was so much fun to paint them all, even with a few minor crisis moments ( wet paint + dirty floor + painted egg on floor = me crying in a corner)
    I do send my hearty congrats to all those in the poll because WOW these are good eggs c: Im going to have to strongly think about what egg is my #1

Last edited:
    Congrats to everyone who got nominated, your works are all great!

I do think Lancelot's idea is worth considering because I did do a few searches online for egg decorating contest and many different wordings/spellings and the only images to come up were dyed eggs or eggs painted with a lot more detail. I rarely if ever saw any image showcasing one of the eggs being turned into a house, having a creature inside the egg, making the egg into a figure, having an egg holder that was so insanely detailed and creative ect.

GOSH this was so difficult to decide. Everyone really outdid themselves for this event, not just the entries in the poll, but even the ones outside of it as well. My selection came down to a toss-up between a couple of them, but ultimately I picked the one that I felt had the best design. < 3

So much talent and creativity! Will be a tough decision, everyone did amazing work 😊

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back