TBT's Earth Week 2024 - The Natural World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone’s photos are so beautiful ☺️ I went on a walk to a creek and I’ve decided to show a bit of our native life… it’s pondering…

View attachment 556763

Sorry the username is so blurry, it’s best focus I could get D: patient lil bird struggling to read it too
View attachment 556764
Omg is that a magpie?!?! Luv it!!! They are so fun!

jadetine's event entry:
  • IMG_5643.jpeg
    IMG_5643.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 430
IMG_5643.jpeg

I saw these cute barnacle things that washed up on the beach and thought they looked cool next to the sea foam and kelp. 😃

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Question: can I use a picture I took from the plane? I haven't had time to take other pictures so I took one just in case, but now I realise it might not count if i take it through the window lol

kq4YY9A.gif
 one of my favourite things about this time of year is the rainy weather and the calmness that comes with it. i took lots of nature photos on walks i took this week, but part of me was holding out hope to see if it'd rain soon. after a week of waiting, it finally rained this morning and i got to see one of my favourite critters that always come out when it rains ;u; i love snails and this little guy was so darn cute!!! i caught a photo of it just as it was starting to climb down the leaf it was on. i did my best not to disturb the snail, but it hid itself away into it's shell when i set my name card down to snap a photo of it. thanks for your help and for spending some time with me today snail!

Wow I seriously love this one so much!

Zerous's event entry:
  • Natural world tbt 2024 Zerous entry leaf.jpg
    Natural world tbt 2024 Zerous entry leaf.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 240
Natural world tbt 2024 Zerous entry leaf.jpg

I went for a bushwalk, and I loved the way the light shone through the outside of these leaves if you stood at the right angle🍃

I really love this event. It's such a nice reminder to stop and appreciate the beauty around you, which I often forget to do when I'm stressed and rushing around everywhere 💚

Natural world tbt 2024 Zerous entry leaf namecard.jpg

Natural world tbt 2024 Zerous entry ver 2.jpg

calias's event entry:
  • 240425_LEICA FOTOS_122.jpg
    240425_LEICA FOTOS_122.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 246
I took a few different photos, but this was the one I kept coming back to

Really hope this is okay and doesn't highly trigger someone's arachnophobia

Please let me know if there are any issues with this entry

240425_LEICA FOTOS_122.jpg

IMG_7910.jpeg

Edited for formatting

Last edited by a moderator:
Aerith's event entry:
  • 1000009494.jpg
    1000009494.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 263
This thread is so filled with beauty and wonder. I hope this event makes a return another year!

I had an extremely tough time settling on what photo I wanted to put forth as my entry, but my heart said birb, so birb it was. I adore the ibises in Florida, and I caught him just after he finished foraging in the water. It looks like he's posing ❤️ love the color on his face and feet.

1000009494.jpg

my proof photo is a bit blurry because it would only focus on either the paper or the bird, and I wanted my name readable. can offer a different photo if needed!
1000009496.jpg

1000009507.jpg

1000009464.jpg

skarmoury's event entry:
  • IMG_7971 final Large.png
    IMG_7971 final Large.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 239
IMG_7971 final Large.png

🌳🍃🌳

Did you guys know that trees respect personal space too?
(Wish I could say the same about my co-workers /jk)

There's a phenomenon called 'crown shyness' among certain species of trees — it's when the uppermost branches of trees grow in such a way that they leave just enough space between them and adjacent branches, creating a precise web with a river-like pattern when looking up at the canopies. There are many theories as to how and why this happens; I've read that trees may be communicating with each other through certain chemicals, and that they distance themselves from one another to lessen spread of diseases including insect infestations (social distancing between plants, imagine that!). Others say that this is a product of adaptation — preventing intersection between trees ensures that each tree is able to maximize sunlight and other resources without necessarily having to fight for them.

Whatever the reasons may be for this phenomenon, it's fascinating to see them in real life! I was fortunate enough to see them the other day when I was on the way to a meet-up. It was really hot that day but I loved how the pictures turned out, really loved the sun peeking through the canopy as well!

🍃🌳🍃

IMG_7972 name Large.png

sorry about the quality of the pictures, had to compress it because the file was too big for TBT and now it looks stupidly pixelated 😭 hope you can still appreciate it! sorry also about the blurry username, phone could not focus cuz it was too close lol

ali.di.magix's event entry:
  • piwaiwaka.png
    piwaiwaka.png
    873.6 KB · Views: 235
I went for a walk through the gardens and there were a bunch of pīwakawaka (fantail birds) chasing each other, it was so cute I could watch them for hours 🥺 I managed to get a photo of one of them on a footbridge!

piwaiwaka.png

Unfortunately my little buddy flew away by the time I got my nametag out! Hopefully it is obvious enough that this is the place I took it, it was hard to get the nametag in focus with the zoom in 😅
IMG_0502.png

Airysuit's event entry:
  • 20240428_115443.jpg
    20240428_115443.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 220
20240428_115443.jpg

We had to fly back home this week unexpectedly due to illness in the family, so I haven't had time to go out and take pictures.

However, I didn't know we would fly over the North Pole, so when I saw the cool view I took some pictures and wrote my name just in case :p

I understand if it doesn't count, but people can at least enjoy the pictures too than haha!

20240428_115526.jpg
20240428_115542.jpg

20240428_115932.jpg
20240428_115915.jpg
20240428_115900.jpg
20240428_115849.jpg

Last edited:
Millysaurusrexjr's event entry:
  • 2024_earthweek.jpg
    2024_earthweek.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 242
2024_earthweek.jpg

Birbs on rocks, what's more natural than that???

IMG_2137.JPG

Hope you can read my blurry name tag ;_;

IMG_2142.JPG

Wary geese.. wish I could have gotten closer but the last time I tried I nearly got attacked 🔫🪿

rainbowfinal.jpg

thought about making this my main entry because rainbow but I couldn't quite get the photo cropped to my liking

View attachment 557119

🌳🍃🌳

Did you guys know that trees respect personal space too?
(Wish I could say the same about my co-workers /jk)

There's a phenomenon called 'crown shyness' among certain species of trees — it's when the uppermost branches of trees grow in such a way that they leave just enough space between them and adjacent branches, creating a precise web with a river-like pattern when looking up at the canopies. There are many theories as to how and why this happens; I've read that trees may be communicating with each other through certain chemicals, and that they distance themselves from one another to lessen spread of diseases including insect infestations (social distancing between plants, imagine that!). Others say that this is a product of adaptation — preventing intersection between trees ensures that each tree is able to maximize sunlight and other resources without necessarily having to fight for them.

Whatever the reasons may be for this phenomenon, it's fascinating to see them in real life! I was fortunate enough to see them the other day when I was on the way to a meet-up. It was really hot that day but I loved how the pictures turned out, really loved the sun peeking through the canopy as well!

🍃🌳🍃

View attachment 557120
sorry about the quality of the pictures, had to compress it because the file was too big for TBT and now it looks stupidly pixelated 😭 hope you can still appreciate it! sorry also about the blurry username, phone could not focus cuz it was too close lol
Wow this is an amazing picture! Well done!

View attachment 557129
We had to flew back home this week unexpectedly due to illness in the family, so I haven't had time to go out and take pictures. However, I didn't know we would fly over the North Pole, so when I saw the cool view I took some pictures and wrote my name just in case :p.
I understand if it doesn't count, but people can at least enjoy the pictures too then haha!

Ahshdjsjdgsjaja I am so green with envy right now oh my gosh!!! What an absolute dream to see! ;w; 🩵🤍🩵🤍 And I hope things are alright with your family *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back