• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Earth Week 2024 - The Natural World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a walk through the gardens and there were a bunch of pīwakawaka (fantail birds) chasing each other, it was so cute I could watch them for hours 🥺 I managed to get a photo of one of them on a footbridge!

View attachment 557121
Unfortunately my little buddy flew away by the time I got my nametag out! Hopefully it is obvious enough that this is the place I took it, it was hard to get the nametag in focus with the zoom in 😅
View attachment 557122
I love this photo!!!

Mokuren's event entry:
  • IMG-20240427-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240427-WA0005.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 374
IMG-20240427-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240427-WA0009.jpgTotally forgot to bring something to write. Hope it's still okay

Holla's event entry:
  • IMG_7151.jpeg
    IMG_7151.jpeg
    905.2 KB · Views: 266
This is the best picture I was able to take. Not a ton of greenery right now other than the coniferous trees. Things are just starting to come back to life now that winter is over. I still really like it though.

IMG_7151.jpeg

IMG_7152.jpeg

Also I appreciate the increased upload size limit for the event. My phone however still takes way too big of photos (12MB) to directly upload. 😅 I can resize though.

Zane's event entry:
  • IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
I was so excited about this because photography was a huge hobby of mine at one point, I even considered digging out my good camera for it. Then I got sick and couldn't go anywhere!! Someone brought me some flowers from their garden this morning to make me feel better, which in addition to being very sweet.. also gave me something to photograph. 🌸 Flowers are beautiful no matter what, but I've always been impressed by how they look when you really get in close.

proof photo I'm so sorry you can see the edge of my coffee maker in this lol

Attachments

• IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Sheando's event entry:
  • IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 264
Here is the enormous tree that flourishes in my front yard. It was raining that lovely mist-rain while I wandered around my house photographing nature, and all the birds were calling.

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

mogyay's event entry:
  • mogyaylamby.jpg
    mogyaylamby.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 70
spring lamb having a little doze with mum close by 💗 forever in love with the backdrop of scotland
mogyaylamby.jpg

[/sppoiler]
1714329007048.png

Attachments

• mogyaylamby.jpg
    mogyaylamby.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 70
These are all so beautiful! It's fascinating to see the different seasons also, with people living all over the globe and experiencing different seasons at the same time.

Ngl though, some of the (amazing) tree canopy pics are giving me "which nintendo character is this" vibes. 😆

boring's event entry:
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 237
In my area there are many birds - herons, ducks, swans and others, and now that it’s spring they’ve all begun showing up along the canals with their kids. These are the chicks who I have now seen the most but the photo was my first time seeing them. I knew it was perfect for this event :)

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg
this guy came right up to me and that’s why he’s behind everyone else in my entry. love this guy

Aquilla's event entry:
  • IMG_5973.jpeg
    IMG_5973.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
I had something else in mind for this, but I made a little friend today

IMG_5973.jpeg

I found this little worker bee curled up on the floor on the balcony this afternoon and she barely moved. We’ve had a sudden temperature drop and I suspect she got caught in it unawares and couldn’t make it to her hive in time before getting too cold. I built her this little air bee’n’bee so she can stay the night with me until she’s on her feet again! She has several little pools of sugar water in there, along with some sage, lemon balm, fern and a bit of soil so she has places to hide under and explore. I watched her drink sugar water earlier and she was crawling and buzzing around again after a while. Right now she’s sleeping under the lemon balm leaves 😭

I am usually incredibly scared of insects and have an allergy to bee and wasp stings, but I feel like this encounter has healed some of my trauma. She was absolutely adorable rubbing her little antennas after her sugar water drink and snuggling up under the foliage. I’ll release her tomorrow once it’s warmer and the sun is out ☀️

Sorry, I wish I got a clearer picture of her but the sun was down and I don’t want to bother her now as she’s in a dark room and it would confuse her if I carry her in and out of light.

IMG_5976.jpeg

LittleMissPanda's event entry:
  • 20240428_142110.jpg
    20240428_142110.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 237
🐞🌳 The Bravest, Littlest Explorer ~ It's a Big World Outside 🌳🐞

You're never too small to go after the biggest dreams!​

20240428_142110.jpg

...But then the bravest, littlest explorer flew away on another adventure 🤭🥰

20240428_142408.jpg

Bonus pic! I made the happiest, most unexpected little discovery: eggs! 🥹💖 a tree can be a happy home to anyone, big or small~

20240428_141326.jpg

Dim's event entry:
  • IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 243
IMG_1389.jpeg

Went to my nearby stream/creek. My siblings and I played here from time to time as kids and went sledding during the winter because there is a big hill that leads us down this place. I know most trees in my area are flat roots and the ground's been saturated by the major floodings we've been having as of late, but ach time I come here, it saddens me to see more and more trees come down. That and someone's been chopping them down from the looks of it.

IMG_1390.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the best picture I was able to take. Not a ton of greenery right now other than the coniferous trees. Things are just starting to come back to life now that winter is over. I still really like it though.

View attachment 557179

Also I appreciate the increased upload size limit for the event. My phone however still takes way too big of photos (12MB) to directly upload. 😅 I can resize though.
Looks like what we have in my area, not a lot of green. There are still patches of snow. I love those litle streams, I can sit there for hours.

spring lamb having a little doze with mum close by 💗 forever in love with the backdrop of scotland
View attachment 557209

Beautiful !!!

I want to make a thread later in one of the boards for nature photos..!! I love taking nature photos so I was stoked for this little event tbh
I'd love for people to continue to share their photos after earth week too !

JellyLu's event entry:
  • 1000012934.jpg
    1000012934.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
Went out on the boat today and saw a pod of friends :)

1000012934.jpg

1000012944.jpg

I had to zoom in on my new friends but the bank is the same as in the entry picture :)

1000012933.jpg

1000012947.jpg

Flyffel's event entry:
  • 20240428_130849.jpg
    20240428_130849.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 209
I have been waiting for this day to submit because today we went on our long planned trip (been talking about doing it since last year) into a forest in northern Italy to gather some...
🌱✨wild asparagus✨🌱

So yeah I wanted to submit some wild asparagus in its natural habitat for this... 😁

Did you know how long they get?!

We will be eating all kinds of wild asparagus dishes in the next few days!

20240428_130849.jpg
20240428_130859.jpg
20240428_131200.jpg

(We gathered a lot more but here is a picture of my partner holding some in his hand.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back