• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Woods (Halloween 2013) Epilogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, remember you can edit your posts instead of posting multiple times in a row. Even with the post merge, it's a bit distracting.

The second riddle wasn't too hard to figure out. I've gone through so many contests on another forum that involved changing forum and thread numbers to find hidden threads with the next clue.

It was a fun contest regardless. :) I wish it was a bit longer though.

I didn't get anything... ;_; And it's all because of me being stupid... ;_________; /suicidaljump

I feel SOOOO dumb and stupid that I didn't get that!! I was looking at the right thread as well! I just didn't look at the url! XD

This was fun, even tho I spent my night until 6am to solve it c:
And I figured out that the number was for the thread but I actually found the lantern page with the tag iloveyou. I saw it in couple posts in The Woods but I knew it was an user on the website too. So out of curiosity I clicked it and found the lantern :D

AHA. I DID GET THE FIRST RIDDLE RIGHT. Jack was ignoring me. ;-;

Did the entire thing on an iPad. Go me. Anyway, the first riddle had me with TBT and a bunch of gibberish. The second riddle I got fast, but I misread the number as 61647.

I'm surprised more people didn't know that threads had numbers o-o Maybe it's because I've spent much of my online time on forums, but I truly am surprised. That was the first thing I did when I saw the number. I knew I was in the right place from looking at the tags xD Took me a hell of a long time to figure out the 'next step' thing xD I was going to the next page, next post, next line, staring at it over and over until I realised the steps were topic numbers T3T I facepalmed so much. It really was so well hidden!

As for the hint of 'outside the box', even when I'd got the lantern it took me a while to click what it meant xD When I did I realised it was a good hint xDDD In terms of confusion, the first one confused me for the longest time. I'd noticed a few days ago Brewster and Re-Tail had changed their names slightly, but didn't think for once to look there to decipher the code x3x As soon as I worked it out I got it xD I did actually give up on the first one for a while xD

I was looking at the post URL's in the IRC page, not the URL for the the IRC page.... :|

Then it hit me....

AHA. I DID GET THE FIRST RIDDLE RIGHT. Jack was ignoring me. ;-;

TBT HER ELE LE

Really? Did you read my post at all?

Some participants used "TBT HER ELE LE", "T B T E R H L E E L E", or some other odd variant. These reports did not count unless they specifically stated "The Bell Tree" somewhere in their report, or implied that they recognized it was referring to The Bell Tree.

I knew about topic numbers up in the URL bar, but I never thought in a million years a solution to a forum riddle would involve fiddling with the url. It just felt so cheat-y/hax to me when I did it that I felt like I HAD to be doing it wrong. Like I missed a little link edited into someone's signature or something.

I'm glad to know I did it the right way though. >>;

I feel like punching myself, I had all the letters and I was reading across instead of down. I probably wouldn't have gotten the lantern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back