• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to the Cauldron! Help Create TBT’s Next Potion Collectible!

Hello Jeremy!

I am formally putting in my green dye color and will be using my thickener on the mermaid scale

(For those who are unhappy with my selection. It appears there were some who liked the green and some who didn’t. But this is a collective potion that we the users made and supposed to be a fun experiment for us to do. It was getting to a point for me where I was wondering if I should or shouldn’t add those ingredient, but it was starting to drag on a little bit too long for me and making me feel like I was trying to make everyone happy. In the end, those who will like the green can rejoice in my addition and for those who don’t... Well... Happy Potion Brewing!)

I'm glad you went ahead and put in what you personally wanted. While it is nice to try and please everyone, there's no way that will happen. We will end up with a specially crafted collectible in the end anyways so in my opinion regardless of what colour we end up with it'll be a special treat to own one. Sure I have an ideal colour that I would like but it's much more interesting to see what the end result will be even if it's not a favourite colour of mine. :)

I'm glad you went ahead and put in what you personally wanted. While it is nice to try and please everyone, there's no way that will happen. We will end up with a specially crafted collectible in the end anyways so in my opinion regardless of what colour we end up with it'll be a special treat to own one. Sure I have an ideal colour that I would like but it's much more interesting to see what the end result will be even if it's not a favourite colour of mine. :)
Yes, I'm glad that I did also! It was starting to stress me out thinking, "Should I add it? But some said it was a good idea and others said it wasn't." This got to the point where I was kinda spirling in my thoughts, which would have probably led me to not participate at all because I didn't want to add the things I wanted for fear of upsetting the brew.

Though, I am super excited to see what the outcome of the potion will be and will wait in anticipation as now I can watch this thread without feeling dread that I altered too much what everyone wanted as the result.

personally i'd like it to look a little lighter/brighter (also as the other three are quite dark)! : ) i'm just a little worried it's a bit dull imo still, this is just my own opinion though and in no way am i trying to influence the thread, i hope it's ok i said that and hopefully i won't get into trouble or upset/offend people, sad we all need to put disclaimers now but that's just how i feel about this thread

Yes, I think I would like for it to be brighter as well.

I am just not that knowledgeable about colour theory and am not quite sure about what can be done for a brighter colour to be achieved.

I'm assuming we would need to add (a lot more) cyan and white to do it, but would we have enough time/resources in order for it?

I still haven't used my colours and am strongly considering adding a thickener onto the cyan. I only have magenta so I don't think that can do much.

As we're nearing the deadline, I also think it's wiser to take initiative and move towards a single direction! At the end of the day you really can't please everybody, and I don't think people should be faulted for simply voicing out their own preferences.

I'm seeing a few calls for a lighter color, myself included. I have a white dye and can use a thickener for it, but I can also put just one white if two seems a bit too bright. Right now I personally think we can add 2 whites and 1 or 2 cyans to the pot.

Does anyone know how to edit the potion colors so we can preview what it currently looks like? I could try doing it myself but I have little idea how to edit LOL

I'm seeing a few calls for a lighter color, myself included. I have a white dye and can use a thickener for it, but I can also put just one white if two seems a bit too bright. Right now I personally think we can add 2 whites and 1 or 2 cyans to the pot.

I've got white as well and would be happy to add it in, with or without thickener. :)

Does anyone know how to edit the potion colors so we can preview what it currently looks like?

There's a link to the color-mixing thing they're using in this post:

I'd personally like the potion to be really blue, but I'll be happy with however it turns out in the end. :)

There's a link to the color-mixing thing they're using in this post:

I'd personally like the potion to be really blue, but I'll be happy with however it turns out in the end. :)
Oh thank you!! I should've been more specific, I'd really like to edit the potion collectible itself to preview what the colors look like on the collectible, but unfortunately I dont know how ^^;

I plan on adding my stuff soon. Just waiting on Jeremy to update the first post with the latest colour first.

I like the color so far, it's a pretty teal blue! 😊 Not sure what we are going to name it though.

You know what, heck it. Let's go lighter!

Hi Jeremy! I'm adding my white dye and using my thickener as well. :) You should be able to confirm my cards, thank you so much! ❤
skarmoury.png

Last edited:
Back