What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

I made the decision to start a new island last week and finally got my campsite built! Here's hoping some cute villagers will visit soon. I also collected a couple new bugs today for the museum and managed to pay off a good portion of my house loan.

Coral Cove - April 11, 2024
  • checked the mail; received a letter from HHA with a gift attached- a vacuum cleaner, a letter from Gulliver with gift attached- a South Pole and the 5 items I ordered yesterday
  • Watered the crops
  • collected the necessary materials, crafted, and then placed a bridge
  • hit all the rocks on my island
  • found and dug up my daily fossils; Donated to museum
  • picked up all the fallen tree branches around my island
  • found my daily glowing spot and dug up 1k bells
  • picked up all shells washed up today on the beach
  • stopped by nook’s and bought all the items that was for sale
  • talked to all of my villagers
  • found and pulled all weeds
  • participated in daily group stretching session
  • Claimed my daily bonus nooks miles from the nook stop terminal
  • checked the recycling bin; claimed rusted part
  • completed nm+ achievements

Coral Cove - April 12, 2024
  • Checked the mail; received the 5 items I ordered yesterday
  • Received three plots to place from Nook; Collected the necessary materials, crafted, and then placed the required items for the three plots
  • Held ceremonies for all that we've achieved here on Coral Cove.
  • Hit all the rocks on my island
  • Found and dug up daily fossils; Donated all new fossils to museum
  • Picked up all the fallen tree branches around my island
  • Found my daily glowing spot and dug up 1k bells
  • Picked up shells on the beach
  • Found message bottle on beach; Received a new diy recipe - tea table
  • Went and checked out the shop; Bought a pot rack, film projector, and a mug
  • Mabel visited for first time; Bought everything she had
  • Talked to all of my villagers
  • Found and pulled all weeds
  • Participated in daily group stretching session
  • Checked the recycling bin; claimed tree branch
  • Completed nm+ achievements

1. Talked to all of my villagers.
  2. Checked the stores to see if there were any missing things that I needed to catalogue.
  3. Gathered all the fossils that were buried on my island.
  4. Harvested all the trees on my island for their wood.
  5. Found the furniture item from the trees via shaking.

Coral Cove - April 13, 2024
  • checked the mail; Received a letter from Dodo Airlines with gift attached - DAL tee, and the 5 items I ordered yesterday
  • Learned how to customize
  • Met Harv
  • Welcomed Nate to the island
  • Dug up and Assessed daily fossils; Donated all new fossils to museum
  • Found daily glowing spot and dug up 1k bells
  • Found message bottle on beach; Received a new diy recipe - cosmos wreath
  • Went and checked out the shop; Bought piano bench, hammock, baby bear, and typewriter
  • Met Redd; Bought serene painting
  • Talked to all of my villagers; Received springy ride-on from Rory as gift and shell partition diy recipe from Phoebe
  • Claimed daily bonus nooks miles from the nook stop terminal
  • Checked the recycling bin; Nothing to claim

I earned enough points for the silver and gold trophies in the fishing tourney! Thank you, @BobRocks20, for sharing that tip about multiplayer tournaments and for participating in multiplayer with me. For anyone who doesn't know, playing in the fishing tournament with another person can get you both 5 extra points as long as you both caught at least 5 fish total.

BobRocks20 has a thread here if anyone else wants to ask them about trying the multiplayer version of the fishing tourney. They said that they're in the PDT timezone, which Google tells me is the Pacific timezone, so the fishing tourney is probably still going on on their island.

I earned enough points for the silver and gold trophies in the fishing tourney! Thank you, @BobRocks20, for sharing that tip about multiplayer tournaments and for participating in multiplayer with me.
Hey, no problem! :D
I'm also coming here to say that I got all the "fish swag" that's can be obtained plus the bronze and silver Fishing Tourney trophies today. Once the summer tourney comes around, I'll finally snag that golden trophy for myself.

I earned enough points for the silver and gold trophies in the fishing tourney! Thank you, @BobRocks20, for sharing that tip about multiplayer tournaments and for participating in multiplayer with me. For anyone who doesn't know, playing in the fishing tournament with another person can get you both 5 extra points as long as you both caught at least 5 fish total.

Wow! I wish I knew this before today! I got enough for a bronze trophy today, but it would have been really fun fishing alongside others for extra points! Are there groups on here that organize something like this for next time? I would love to join in!

Wow! I wish I knew this before today! I got enough for a bronze trophy today, but it would have been really fun fishing alongside others for extra points! Are there groups on here that organize something like this for next time? I would love to join in!
BobRocks20 posted a thread inviting others to fish in multiplayer mode in the Airport subforum so you can try doing the same when the next fishing tourney arrives. Though the thread didn't get much attention so you might want to post it a day or two ahead of time in case that helps.

I researched the multiplayer mode for Bug-Offs today, and I definitely want to do multiplayer for the next Bug-Off. Instead of a flat 5 bonus points per round, players can get up to 10 bonus points per round, depending on how many total bugs are caught. 5-9 bugs gets everyone 5 bonus points, 10-14 bugs earns 7 bonus points, and 15 bugs or more is 10 bonus points.

Well if you guys plan something like this in the future, maybe you can keep me in mind? I would love to be a part of a multiplayer fishing toruney... I have yet to do a bug off, so looking forward to that as well!

Well if you guys plan something like this in the future, maybe you can keep me in mind? I would love to be a part of a multiplayer fishing toruney... I have yet to do a bug off, so looking forward to that as well!
I'm planning to keep an eye on the Airport around the time of the next Bug-Off in June, and if I end up starting a thread instead, I'll try to mention you in the post to get your attention. As for the next fishing tourney, I'm planning to take a break from ACNH in July, but you & BobRock20 might want to team up.

One thing that I'm not sure about is what the optimal number of players is for multiplayer mode. The number of players for fishing tourneys isn't important if everyone is using fishing bait, but I don't know if the number of fish available without bait increases to match the players if there are more players. Similarly, does the number of bugs increase during multiplayer Bug-Offs? I'm thinking that I might place rotten turnips all over my island right before the next Bug-Off because rotten turnips attract both ants and flies.

One thing that I'm not sure about is what the optimal number of players is for multiplayer mode. The number of players for fishing tourneys isn't important if everyone is using fishing bait, but I don't know if the number of fish available without bait increases to match the players if there are more players.

Great question, and now I am curious too. I don't have the time to make that much fish bait (I wish you could buy it from Nooks) so basically are there enough fish to support running around and catching them... from what I saw today though, new fish would respawn in places I just ran past after catching others, so I wonder if the spawn rate is fast enough?

Coral Cove - April 14, 2024
  • checked the mail; Received a letter from HHA and the painting I purchased from Redd yesterday.
  • Mabel returns; Purchased her entire stock
  • Welcomed Audie to the island
  • Found and dug up daily fossils; Donated all new fossils to museum
  • Found my daily glowing spot and dug up 1k bells
  • Found message bottle on beach; Already knew the DIY recipe inside - Barrel
  • Went and checked out the shop; Purchased entire stock
  • Talked to all of my villagers; Received a brick oven as a gift from Nate and acquired a bamboo drum DIY recipe from Rory.
  • Bought Turnips from Daisy Mae
  • Checked the recycling bin; nothing to claim

April 15, 2024
  • FINALLY The Noble Dress appeared in the Able Sisters and I got from 89% to 90% Dress-Up.
  • Ordered the Cool Globe today.
  • Gullivarrr was on the island. Whatever.
  • Order from Liz! came in. I got:
    • Laboratory Wall, Industrial Wall, Gray-Shelving Wall, Exquisite Wall, Apparel-Shop Wall, Candles Wall, Black European-Style Wall, Grey Locker-Room Wall, Bathhouse Wall, and Future-Tech Wall. Cataloged wallpaper went from 89% to 93%.
    • Also got a Dolly Shirt, one Meme Shirt, Heart Apron.

Coral Cove - April 15, 2024
  • Checked the mail; Received a letter from Luna with gift attached - Luna's bed
  • Welcomed Poppy to the island
  • Recovered all five missing pieces of Gulliver's communicator.
  • Dug up and assessed daily fossils; Donated all new fossils to museum
  • Picked up all the fallen tree branches around island
  • Found message bottle on beach; Contained new DIY recipe - Iron Frame
  • Talked to all of my villagers
  • Sold some of my turnips - 1 pocketful
  • Checked the recycling bin; Claimed red-rose bag

Coral Cove - April 16, 2024
  • Checked the mail; Received letter from Nook inc with gift attached - Nook Inc. leotard, letter from Phoebe with gift attached - Book stands, letter from HHA with gift attached - Study chair, and letter from Gulliver with gift attached - Silk hat
  • Resident Services closed for construction
  • Found message bottle on beach; Contained new DIY recipe - Project table
  • Talked to all of my villagers; Recived traditional tea set from Poppy as gift
  • Sold the rest of my turnips

1. Talked to all of my villagers.
  2. Checked all my stores for catalogue items but I was unable to buy anything that I needed to collect :(
  3. I dug up all the fossils that were buried on my island.
  4. I harvested all of my rocks for materials.
  5. I found Gulliver passed out on my beach and helped fix his communicator!
  6. I also found Wisp hiding on my island and helped collect his fragments. I chose the greed option and unfortunately got some worthless furniture again.

I was trying to find Marshal on my island explorations since I have an open plot but today I found not him but Raymond instead! So I'm still very happy because Raymond is one of my dreamies too!

• Celebrate
Reactions: Doo
Coral Cove - April 17, 2024
  • Checked the mail; Received a letter from Nook inc with gift attached - Nook mile ticket
  • Resident Services has now transformed from tent to building
  • Crafted and placed the campsite
  • Encountered Saharah for the first time.; Bought mysterious wallpaper and floor
  • Found message bottle on beach; Contained new DIY recipe - Wooden music box
  • Talked to all of my villagers; Rory shared the barbell DIY recipe with me, and Phoebe taught me the cold chill reaction.
  • Checked the recycling bin; Claimed rusted part

Back