• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

what ordinance(s) did you choose?

ordinances

• Total voters
If I select an ordinance other than beautiful will my flowers wilt? Or does the beautiful ordinance only effect weeds?
No. i selected the bell boon ordinance and my flowers and crops are fine. I’ve been TTing forward as well.

Night Owl. I don't need it, but the only other option I considered was Beautiful Island and I don't want my villagers to clean up the weeds.

Night owl. There was no reason for me to choose my other ordinance lol. In NL I also had night owl active and never changed.

Both Islands beautiful for awhile. A new player on each island has fishing to do and I want to avoid trash.
After I'll switch to Night Owl.

Going with beautiful town for now so maybe it'll help with getting hybrids.

My plan is to go to Beautiful Town on Saturday so Daisy Mae has a good turnip price, then Bell Boom to increase the odds of a good price to sell turnips at, then back to Beautiful town on Saturday.

I don't have anything right now but I think I will probably do the night owl ordinance tomorrow maybe. I want to try the bell boom one for fun because it would make buying things on other people's islands seem very cheep? idk haha

Went with Night Owl since I'm more naturally inclined to be a night owl in real life and tend to also play the game at night. The Able Sisters' shop always felt like it closed too early too, so it will be nice to have it stay open a little later.

Early Bird's kind of the opposite of what I want, but I might try it out sometime just for the heck of it since I'm a time traveler anyway and the time doesn't really matter. I've never experienced fog in this game even though I've heard about it, and fog is my favorite weather condition in real life, so it might be nice to play in the in-game morning and Early Bird could give some incentive.

I've got more hybrids than I know what to do with and I don't mind weed growth, so Beautiful Island is a definite no for me. I've also never really felt the appeal of Bell Boom, so I'm probably never going to use it.

I went with the night owl ordinance! Usually I go on in the late morning but sometimes I like going on at night just to wander around or do some decorating so I think it'll be a nice one to have. At the same time, I like how it's not so necessary that I wouldn't be able to switch to a different one if I want to later. In NL I always had the beautiful ordinance because I didn't want weeds or wilting flowers but now that I like the NH weeds and I definitely don't want more flowers, the beautiful ordinance would actually be a terrible choice for me this time. :P

I’m still on Night Owl, despite the underwhelming offer. One hour is better than nothing, but I was hoping for at least a two hour adjustment :(

I would have done beautiful if flowers still wilted but since they don't I went with Early Bird since I like playing quite early in the morning.

Went with Early Bird since I don't play the game super late and don't want an overabundance of flowers. Honestly might change to Bell Boom, though.

If I select an ordinance other than beautiful will my flowers wilt? Or does the beautiful ordinance only effect weeds?

Beautiful town in New Horizons means
  • your flowers are watered daily. (I think this includes crops)
  • Fewer weeds spawn
  • No more fishing out trash.

I know a lot of people dismiss beautiful town because of non-dying flowers...but...

1. Watering flowers increases their chance of cloning and breading.
  2. Watering crops increases their harvest.
  3. No trash in the waters makes your fishing life less stressful
Beautiful town is an all around win for this game.

Back