• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

1/1 Year Challange?

It's so tempting, but I just recently restarted and I'm really happy with the map and villagers. But starting fresh on the 1'st would be so pleasing..

Oh yeah, this is a great idea and committed. I started back in September and the gameplay seems good so far, but I might try this if I get another hard copy!

That sounds like a good idea, buuut I really like playing on my town while I still have plenty to do. Maybe next year, yeah?

As far as town themes go I've always loved a nature theme, and acnl really caters to that idea in some stunning pwps so it's not a bad idea

I'm participating in this! I'll be map resetting in advance to find my ideal map but will not officially play the game until new years day.

Last edited:
Hello all, I specifically made my account last year for this sort of thing, but life sorta cropped up on me and I didn't get to participate.

However, I will try to this time! On 1/1 I will reset my long dead town on my second cartridge and give this a go:]

I restarted my second town again on December 25. This time, however, I didn't cheat. I normally transfer millions of Bells over and I think that's the reason I get bored and quit so often. I'll have to work to earn Bells and build things this time around. No more rushing everything for me! January 1 is such a nice date, but I'm happy I chose Christmas. I created a second character on December 27. They'll build the town together! :blush:

I recently restarted too, back on the 15th of december, for me I can't see the point in restarting so soon, took me a while just to save up the 90K bells I have currently, but it is a nice idea, good luck to those who do this :p

I have plans on creating my new town on January 1st. Not looking forward to soft reseting for a good town layout, though..

I was planning on starting a new town, since my old cartridge got corrupted. Starting it January 1st sounds like a great idea, though I have no idea what I'm gonna call my new town

Woooh! Didn't know this thread had resurfaced <3
Very excited for 1/1! And I'm happy we seem to have a lot of players who plan to make a new start

i'm interested! i'm planning on doing this but i think i'll get bored faster if i do it alone.. so playing it with others would be really fun!! ;w;
That's what I had thought as well <3
I'll see if I can get something set up within in the next day or so & see who else may be interested

I'm restarting my game on 1/1 as well - I haven't had a save game since September, and I REALLY miss playing.

I'll be posting about it, blog style, on the Tumblr that's linked in my signature.

I'd be interested in a community type thing for those of us doing the challenge. I don't have Skype at the moment, but I could get it pretty easily if that's the route you think is best - I hear it works pretty well.

I'm restarting my game on 1/1 as well - I haven't had a save game since September, and I REALLY miss playing.

I'll be posting about it, blog style, on the Tumblr that's linked in my signature.

I'd be interested in a community type thing for those of us doing the challenge. I don't have Skype at the moment, but I could get it pretty easily if that's the route you think is best - I hear it works pretty well.
I think that may be the best way for people to communicate, people could also voice-chat if they wanted to that way.
As far as screenshot sharing that could be done on skype as well, and then have the screenshots moved to some kind of database

& For town themes, I'm thinking something UK based myself ^_^

Last edited:
I think that may be the best way for people to communicate, people could also voice-chat if they wanted to that way.
As far as screenshot sharing that could be done on skype as well, and then have the screenshots moved to some kind of database

& For town themes, I'm thinking something UK based myself ^_^

Sounds like you've got everything figured out! XD

In terms of a database, I'm not sure, but if Google Docs accepts images, we could make one that's only editable by members of the challenge. That way, we could archive the screenshots in an easily accessible location that everyone can contribute to/edit.

Back