• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

I decided to join the theme-less challenge!
This is my town layout, I'm pretty satisfied with it as it doesn't have many rocks and I like the way the river looks. Native fruit is peach! I would've picked apples or pears, but to be honest, I'm just glad it isn't cherries. Also, since I haven't been playing in the past couple of months, I noticed a bunch of new things in the game.

View attachment 191467

The mayor's name is Ivana because it's my real name, and the town is called Morheim because it's a place in Aion which is really special to me. That's about it!

View attachment 191468

you have the exact same map as my main town tinytree :'D but your plaza is in a much better location (jealous!!!). good luck with your town! I love your name btw

@Cosmickid Thank you! :) Yeah she might grow on me yet! That's so funny! Goose was one of my starters in my last oyc town too! I can't wait to see how your town develops, it already sounds like it's gona be awesome!

Right so far all I've been able to do was pay my deposit to Nook and set down patterns for where I want paths, pwps etc. I don't know if I'll bother plot resetting yet, might keep some randomness to it at least for the first few move ins

Am i too late to join? I'm going to restart my town soon, have to get rid of all my junk first xd

Am i too late to join? I'm going to restart my town soon, have to get rid of all my junk first xd

there is still time to join ! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pocky, I'd rather have Harry than Jambette!

WVW69j8bYwcV51fjw_

Mayor Hazel of Latibule~ Hazel isn't my real name but I decided I'd make a character out of my mayor as I'd like to do comics or a story based on my gameplay at some stage. Latibule is a word which means "a hiding place" which is pretty fitting for this theme! I'm pretty indifferent to my villagers, Felicity is the only one I really like but her house is in a terrible spot so I'll have to let her go. Luckily I have her amiibo card so I can move her back in! I'll probably move Jamette out asap (praying she doesn't get cursed!) and I've a feeling Walt might grow on me. It's funny I have Goose again, he was in my first OYC town back in 2015.

WVW69j8bZ88rS5NI6d

I really like my map! I'm planning on having all the main buildings on the left and having a cedar forest around my mayor's house. Also might try and move most (if not all) of my villagers to the southern part of town, particularly on the little peninsula. I have pears for fruit which I'm pretty happy about cause I love the golden perfect pears. Also have square snow which means triangle grass which is fine by me (As long as it's not square grass I'm happy!)

Hope all of your resetting is going well~

Your map is amazing. I love maps with tiny "islands" in them, something about it looks really cute. It's also funny how a lot of us have gotten pear is a fruit! You guys have all gotten so creative with your town names too, every time I see a new post I'm so excited to see what you've named your towns.

Do you have any amiibo cards? This challenge allows you to move out villagers that way if you end up wanting to get rid of Jambette after all. But I guess you'll have to wait until you have more villagers to do that.

^I really like the meaning behind your town name, Hazel! Your villagers are nice too. It's probably an unpopular opinion but I think Jambette is great! She lived in my OYC town from 2016 and Goose is still living there and has from the very beginning! Felicity lives there too, actually. Maelle seems nice, I'd like to meet more duck villagers.

--
As for more news from Rajamaa, since I created the town before 6 am, there's already a new villager plot in town. And you know how I chose plague as the illness... And it mainly affects rodents, right? And fleas transmit the disease from the rodents to humans. Well guess who's moving in: a hamster, Rodney. I'm convinced that this is a bad omen. And while I'm still talking about villagers, I said I wanted them to move into the lower island but I didn't reset for the mover today. Plot resetting doesn't really motivate me anyway and it'd be more in the spirit of things to not do it so I'll think about it some more.

I chose the cow bone and moon hairpin as the preventive measures. The cow bone will have the same effect as the doctor's mask in the OP and the moon hairpin will act like the gas mask. I chose the cow bone because bones have been used as charms to prevent bad luck and the moon hairpin is related to the Rahkoi creature that affected the phases of the moon like I mentioned.
Oh, and @pocky: I'm glad you like the name! I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it before since Rahkoi's a creature in Finnish mythology (not that others don't have similar creatures). I've been reading about mythology lately and Rahkoi piqued my interest. I did know I wanted to make references to mythology, but it didn't occur to me until I was sitting in the train making the new town that it'd be a good fit for the mayor's name!

I agree with you on that one! Jambette is actually really cool in my opinion. There is just something really funny about her. The silliness of certain villagers is just too entertaining.

Funny how the first villager to move into the town is a rodent! That sneaky little thing cannot be trusted!

Yasss, here's mine!

90b8945563.jpg
90ba20c595.jpeg

Mayor Chan of Kiri!!! Diggin' into my Cambodian roots with this one. Chan means Monday and Kiri means mountain. My town's going to have a cursed thing going on.. maybe play around with the idea of superstitions. A mysterious newcomer (not my mayor) will arrive and curse the town with the plague for an unknown reason bahaha. Hopefully I can create a little side story on my blog to go with this challenge!

I was going to map reset for this, but I actually ended up going with the very first out of the four. I never had the patience for resetting anyways :'D It's completely different to my main town Tinytree's map (and lots of space for PWPs) so that's all I was really looking for!

██▌* ✖. ) ❝GENERAL •
TOWN NAME: Kiri
MAYOR'S NAME: Chan
TOWN FRUIT: Peaches
TRAIN STATION COLOR: Green
TOWN HALL COLOR: Green

██▌* ✖. ) ❝INHABITANTS •
CURRENT VILLAGERS: Static, Buck, Cookie, Gala, Alfonso
Initial thoughts: I love Static, he is so so cute. His house is near the area I'm going to build a campsite and his house looks kind of shabby so I'm probably going to keep him. I've never had any of these villagers in town before so I'm excited to interact with them.
CHOSEN CATCHPHRASE: *cough*
Description: Sometime after Kiri begins working on PWPs, a new resident will arrive and curse the town with the plague. Plants will start dying (no beautiful town ordinance this time round) and trees will not bear fruit!
DREAMIES: Dizzy is a must! I want him back in my town <3

I'm excited to read your side story! It would be fun to read about your town, and it sounds like it would be a fun way of staying engaged :) Also, I've said it before but I'll say it again: I'm loving how creative you guys have been with your town and mayor names. It makes the towns feel so special. Will you be including Cambodian elements in your story?

I decided to join the theme-less challenge!
This is my town layout, I'm pretty satisfied with it as it doesn't have many rocks and I like the way the river looks. Native fruit is peach! I would've picked apples or pears, but to be honest, I'm just glad it isn't cherries. Also, since I haven't been playing in the past couple of months, I noticed a bunch of new things in the game.

View attachment 191467

The mayor's name is Ivana because it's my real name, and the town is called Morheim because it's a place in Aion which is really special to me. That's about it!

View attachment 191468

Your map looks huge! I really love layouts like that one. Your villagers are super cute too and the Morheim name is amazing --kind of spooky sounding too. Are you thinking of decorating your town like Aion's Morheim?

@Pocky Me too! It reminds me of Wild World. Yes I have some amiibo cards so once I have enough villagers I'll probably move her out that way. I'm kinda thinking her appearance could be something to do with her own curse? Like maybe she was punished for being a gossip or something! But yeah I'm starting to come up with Hazel's backstory too :)

Last edited:
██▌* ✖. ) ❝GENERAL •
TOWN NAME: Merit
MAYOR'S NAME: Wren
TOWN FRUIT: Apple
GRASS PATTERN: Circle (Star in winter)
TRAIN STATION COLOR: Blue
TOWN HALL COLOR: Blue

██▌* ✖. ) ❝INHABITANTS •
CURRENT VILLAGERS: Mott, Tangy, Bree, Cube, Aurora,
CHOSEN CATCHPHRASE: Witchy (Something cute, yet harmful.)
Makes it so villagers are compelled to make potions and brews, and act like a witch.
DREAMIES: Tangy, but she somehow moved in??

Last edited:
I'm participating in the regular/non-themed challenge (that's ok, right? ;A; )!

██▌* ✖. ) ❝GENERAL •
TOWN NAME: Pink (yeah, I'm not creative... ;-; )
MAYOR'S NAME: Ghost
TOWN FRUIT: Apples
GRASS PATTERN: I'll have to go back and check X)
TRAIN STATION COLOR: Green
TOWN HALL COLOR: The brown with the gray/blue accents?

██▌* ✖. ) ❝INHABITANTS •
CURRENT VILLAGERS: See photo below... I don't like any of them :<
CHOSEN CATCHPHRASE: None right now~
DREAMIES: None, but I'll probably move-in some Sanrio villagers c:

██▌* ✖. ) ❝PICTURES •

My map, I actually really like it! It has too many ponds for my taste, but I can deal with it. I like having the big open space where my house is (along with a private beach).

Bfj35lL.jpg

Me starting my town!

Mo5aupz.jpg

Last edited:
you have the exact same map as my main town tinytree :'D but your plaza is in a much better location (jealous!!!). good luck with your town! I love your name btw

Thank you!!! At first I wasn't too delighted but I'm starting to like it more and more. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

there is still time to join ! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your map is amazing. I love maps with tiny "islands" in them, something about it looks really cute. It's also funny how a lot of us have gotten pear is a fruit! You guys have all gotten so creative with your town names too, every time I see a new post I'm so excited to see what you've named your towns.

Do you have any amiibo cards? This challenge allows you to move out villagers that way if you end up wanting to get rid of Jambette after all. But I guess you'll have to wait until you have more villagers to do that.

I agree with you on that one! Jambette is actually really cool in my opinion. There is just something really funny about her. The silliness of certain villagers is just too entertaining.

Funny how the first villager to move into the town is a rodent! That sneaky little thing cannot be trusted!

I'm excited to read your side story! It would be fun to read about your town, and it sounds like it would be a fun way of staying engaged :) Also, I've said it before but I'll say it again: I'm loving how creative you guys have been with your town and mayor names. It makes the towns feel so special. Will you be including Cambodian elements in your story?

Your map looks huge! I really love layouts like that one. Your villagers are super cute too and the Morheim name is amazing --kind of spooky sounding too. Are you thinking of decorating your town like Aion's Morheim?

Thank you!!! c:
It must look huge because all of the buildings seem so stuck together so there's plenty of space. I'll think about it, I still haven't thought about the theme and everything!

@Cosmickid Thank you! :) Yeah she might grow on me yet! That's so funny! Goose was one of my starters in my last oyc town too! I can't wait to see how your town develops, it already sounds like it's gona be awesome!

Right so far all I've been able to do was pay my deposit to Nook and set down patterns for where I want paths, pwps etc. I don't know if I'll bother plot resetting yet, might keep some randomness to it at least for the first few move ins
Thanks! That's great to hear. Your theme sounds great too. I have a feeling that some very interesting towns will come out of this!

Last edited:
@ Carly, Mayor Of Caketon: Oh man! Mott is one of my favorite villagers ever! And congratulations on getting one of your dreamies already --that's some powerful magic at play. The stars are aligned in your favor! Love the catchphrase that you chose too, and the villager/town names are also very cute. Also, you can visit Shampoodle in other towns :) You can also go to other towns to trade, catch bugs/fish or even to visit the island if you haven't unlocked it yet. There are no rules against it (and even if there were rules we're not super strict here)

@Ghostelle: It's 100% okay to share your stuff here. I really just want to enjoy the game with everyone so I'm glad you decided to share your progress here with us. Pink is a cute name too, I haven't seen it before actually. Will you be doing an all pink town? Your map is really cute, I love how the town hall aligns with the camping grounds. It makes sense because I imagine a villager moving into town will have to stop by the town hall to get everything in order :)

@Squidward: Aion has a lot of beautiful areas but I cant quite remember what Morheim looked like. Whatever you decide to make I'm sure it will look beautiful! With a map like that you can do a lot of cool things :)

-----------------------------------------------------

No for my town! I started right after the party ended and unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the inauguration. I thought about restarting because thats the screenshot I wanted most, but I really like my current map and villagers so I decided to keep it anyway. I also have no screenshot of my map yet because Miiverse will not work with my JP copy. But I plan on posting a screenshot as soon as I'm officially the mayor (I think I can take a screenshot via the PWP selection thing.) Oh and I also changed my mind about the Mayor/Town name last minute. Don't know how I'll feel about this decision later but for now I'm really excited about it.

██▌* ✖. ) ❝GENERAL •
TOWN NAME: さんずのかわ ( Sanzu no ka wa / Sanzu River )
MAYOR'S NAME: ダツエバ ( Datsue-Ba )
In Japanese Buddhist folklore the souls of the dead must cross the Sanzu River on their way to the afterlife (it's a concept very similar to that of the Styx) People can cross this river at three different spots depending on how they lived their lives.

When (the soul of) an adult reaches the river they are met with Datsue-Ba who sits at the edge of the river. The old hag will rob the adult of their clothing and give the clothes to the old-man Keneō who will then determine how sinful a person was based on the weight of their clothes. If a person is wearing no clothes the old hag will instead strip them of their skin. At this stage Datsue-Ba will also punish/torture sinners.

Children, however, cannot cross the bridge because they have not accumulated enough experiences. So when the old hag greets the children she will strip them of their clothes and advice them to build a pile of pebbles which they can climb to reach paradise. But before the pile reaches any significant height, the hag and underworld demons maliciously knock it down.​

TOWN FRUIT: Pears
I'm actually quite happy with it. A lot of people seem to steer away from pears so I'm excited to have a fruit that not a lot of people have. -special snowflake alert-​

GRASS PATTERN: circle grass (though right now its star shaped because of the winter)
TRAIN STATION COLOR: Brown
TOWN HALL COLOR: Blue

██▌* ✖. ) ❝INHABITANTS •
CURRENT VILLAGERS: Roald, Pudge, Harry, Fauna, Monique, Bangle
I absolutely hate Harry, but aside from him I'm very happy with the current selection. I also started the town shortly after midnight so today I had a new villager (Bangle) moving in (what with the ACNL day starting at 6AM and all)
HNI_0050.JPG

HNI_0034.JPG

CHOSEN CATCHPHRASE: ゴゴゴゴゴゴ (gogogogogo)
use to build up emotion or to describe a threatening atmosphere. I thought it would be interesting with my villagers unknowingly stuck in limbo and all.​
DREAMIES: none yet​

██▌* ✖. ) ❝PICTURES •
HNI_0036.JPG
the NPC I hate most decided to visit. YUCK. I did buy the Berliner though so I guess it's not all bad...​
HNI_0053.JPG
My house is looking so shabby... Monique gave me a shelf but I can't put it up on a tent. House should be up by tomorrow, I picked the yellow roof.​

Last edited:
Hey. I know i'm not joining. But is this what they call a "Nuzlocke?"

@Pocky Love the folklore behind your town! I had Pave too, didn't even bother to buy the berliner, decided it would be better to save my coupons for now

Last edited:
@Pocky Love the folklore behind your town! I had Pave too, didn't even bother to buy the berliner, decided it would be better to save my coupons for now

Thank you! I should have saved my coupons as well.... but I am weak. I don't even know if I'll use the berliner (it's a cute item but it doesn't suit the theme I'm going for)

Also, I gotta say that I'm happy with how many people decided join. I thought it was going to be just me posting LOL (didnt think anyone would like the idea)

Yes it is. It's a Nuzlocke challenge for ACNL.
Well I'll be. That sounds interesting. I've created Nuzlockes for other games too. Like the Skylanders series. Set the game on Nightmare mode, choose 5 of your favorite/strongest Skylanders. If a Skylander is out of health, it dies and it won't be able to continue in the game again. (Much like Pokemon Nuzlocke) You can, however. Switch your Skylander. But you can only do that 10 times per Nuzlocke. If you used up all your switch-ins, you can't do it anymore.

I hope that didn't sound off topic...

Well I'll be. That sounds interesting. I've created Nuzlockes for other games too. Like the Skylanders series. Set the game on Nightmare mode, choose 5 of your favorite/strongest Skylanders. If a Skylander is out of health, it dies and it won't be able to continue in the game again. (Much like Pokemon Nuzlocke) You can, however. Switch your Skylander. But you can only do that 10 times per Nuzlocke. If you used up all your switch-ins, you can't do it anymore.

I hope that didn't sound off topic...

That sounds like a fun challenge :) I like doing Nuzlocke challenges as well --or any sort of challenge really. It keeps me entertained :)

Oh yay, thank you c: I like looking at everyone's towns! :') I think I'll go for an all-natural town, I really like the color pink and I'm not good w/names so I just chose that X)

The only bummer about starting out today is that the Town Hall is closed so I can't do all of the little Isabelle chores right away ;-; Oh, well it'll give me something to do tomorrow! I paid off my house and I'm getting a green roof~

I LOVE the concept of your town, pocky! The folklore is so interesting!! And your mayor looks super adorable too :>

P.S. The little zodiac rooster is so cute!! Thanks, Isabelle! <3

Last edited:
Back