• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

Oh yay, thank you c: I like looking at everyone's towns! :') I think I'll go for an all-natural town, I really like the color pink and I'm not good w/names so I just chose that X)

The only bummer about starting out today is that the Town Hall is closed so I can't do all of the little Isabelle chores right away ;-; Oh, well it'll give me something to do tomorrow! I paid off my house and I'm getting a green roof~

I LOVE the concept of your town, pocky! The folklore is so interesting!! And your mayor looks super adorable too :>

P.S. The little zodiac rooster is so cute!! Thanks, Isabelle! <3

Thank you! And I knooowww, I really wanted to do those chores for the watering can. RIP Flowers. The zodiac rooster is worth it though, I had never realized how cute this item was. I love all of the zodiac pieces but the rooster is extra cute because I imagine a rooster would be about that size.

I decided to do a Supernatural themed town. Everything about it can be found in my blog, here. I don't really like any of my starter villagers except for Clay, he's cute. I wanna do a blog entry every day that I play or something like that

I checked out your blog! The Supernatural theme is amazing, I love how you picked out dreamies to go with the different characters

I'm in asia, so I'm probably ahead of everyone in this thread! Here's my day 2:

http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-2-broke-but-not-really.html

I'll be posting my progress on my blogspot so it's all in one place, but I'll also post random pics in this thread! I'm waiting until I get my permit and do some landscaping before I begin the challenge since my curse will only start after my 2nd resident moves into town!

Last edited:
Day 2 in Rajamaa

We have an infect! Francine's fallen ill with plague. The poor bunny.

Other than that, I've been working towards the development permit but am still at a mere 43%! Oh, and Rodney's moved in. He seems pretty nice.

P6T912g.jpg

XDOC2p5.jpg

Isabelle gave me a watering can and I set up a hybrid breeding spot right away! I want black flowers but haven't decided on other colors yet. Maybe purple? I won't be using the beautiful town ordinance because I want the town to become filled with weeds so I guess I'll just be watering every flower daily. Ugh! I also planted my perfect pear yesterday. The plan's to have lots of dead fruit trees around town.

EaP2IId.jpg

Here's Rahkoi's house. He's wearing the other one of the two dresses I made for him yesterday. It's supposed to look medieval. Will need to practice more, lol. I also made a temporary flag and a few stepping stones today to block off a couple areas from mover-ins. I'm not going to bother with plot resetting after all.

Day Two, here we go! X)

I am keeping track of my day-to-day/progress in blog posts here on TBT. I think making posts will help me stay interested. Klaus will be the 6th resident of Pink (not too excited about that...). I did find Wisp's lamp though, so I immediately invited Chai to my RV grounds and she will be the 7th resident of Pink!

Here's a link to my blog entries if anyone is interested~

yay, it's nice to see everyone's posts so far! what is everyone doing for their first duty as mayor? I'm going to make a new bridge and demolish the original one for sure ._.

I'm in asia, so I'm probably ahead of everyone in this thread! Here's my day 2:

http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-2-broke-but-not-really.html

I'll be posting my progress on my blogspot so it's all in one place, but I'll also post random pics in this thread! I'm waiting until I get my permit and do some landscaping before I begin the challenge since my curse will only start after my 2nd resident moves into town!

Those glasses look so cute on your mayor, they've also made me laugh for some reason. I don't know why but when a character wears accessories that hides the eyes it sort of makes them look like they have something to hide. I wonder if that's just me? HAHA. Also: Your blogspot page looks amazing! That minimalist layout with the trees is beautiful, I look forward to reading more of your entries.

Day 2 in Rajamaa

We have an infect! Francine's fallen ill with plague. The poor bunny.

Other than that, I've been working towards the development permit but am still at a mere 43%! Oh, and Rodney's moved in. He seems pretty nice.

P6T912g.jpg

XDOC2p5.jpg

Isabelle gave me a watering can and I set up a hybrid breeding spot right away! I want black flowers but haven't decided on other colors yet. Maybe purple? I won't be using the beautiful town ordinance because I want the town to become filled with weeds so I guess I'll just be watering every flower daily. Ugh! I also planted my perfect pear yesterday. The plan's to have lots of dead fruit trees around town.

EaP2IId.jpg

Here's Rahkoi's house. He's wearing the other one of the two dresses I made for him yesterday. It's supposed to look medieval. Will need to practice more, lol. I also made a temporary flag and a few stepping stones today to block off a couple areas from mover-ins. I'm not going to bother with plot resetting after all.

I think you're the first to have an infected villager! Poor Francine! I think that the dress that you made looks amazing, I'm curious as to what the other one looks like. Will you be making clothes for the villagers as well?

Day Two, here we go! X)

I am keeping track of my day-to-day/progress in blog posts here on TBT. I think making posts will help me stay interested. Klaus will be the 6th resident of Pink (not too excited about that...). I did find Wisp's lamp though, so I immediately invited Chai to my RV grounds and she will be the 7th resident of Pink!

Here's a link to my blog entries if anyone is interested~

Oh! Chai is so cute! She is one of the cutest villagers the game has to offer. Also, I was reading your journal and read that you needed a micro sd adaptor. Do you have a New 3DS? If so you can actually transfer the pictures from your 3DS to your computer Wirelessly :) If you have a PC I can give you instructions (idk how to do it on a Mac)

- - - Post Merge - - -

yay, it's nice to see everyone's posts so far! what is everyone doing for their first duty as mayor? I'm going to make a new bridge and demolish the original one for sure ._.

I'm going to demolish the bridge as well. I would rather build a different looking one. Maybe the Zen bridge or Suspension bridge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO!

I thought it would be fun if we had weekly challenges. Do you guys have any suggestions for challenges we can do on our first week? Also, what sorts of rewards would you guys be interested in? (I have a bunch of amiibos and I've also got the full catalog on my main town so I can give a lot of different prizes) Furniture? Bells? Landscaping items?

P.S: anyone participating in this thread (whether they're following the theme or not) can enter the challenge

Last edited:
I have some ideas for challenges!

1. The player has to buy/make a new outfit every day (kind of how you'd wear different clothes every day in real life). Maybe at the end of the week we can see who has the wackiest/nicest/best put together outfits? XD
2. For people who like to design things, maybe a clothes design challenge?
3. Funniest conversation of the week
4. Home decorating challenge (it can probably get a little wacky too because we have to work with what re-tail/nooklings have to offer or buy from other towns)

I think for prizes furniture items would be nice, maybe WA items

@pocky, oh yes please! If you could give me those instructions I would so appreciate it! <3

Also, I like the idea of the challenges! Although, I don't have any ideas atm ;-;

1. The player has to buy/make a new outfit every day (kind of how you'd wear different clothes every day in real life). Maybe at the end of the week we can see who has the wackiest/nicest/best put together outfits? XD
4. Home decorating challenge (it can probably get a little wacky too because we have to work with what re-tail/nooklings have to offer or buy from other towns)

I like all of those ideas.... maybe I should make a poll?

@pocky, oh yes please! If you could give me those instructions I would so appreciate it! <3

Also, I like the idea of the challenges! Although, I don't have any ideas atm ;-;

(keep in mind that the first time you set it up its complicated, but after that its super easy)

the first thing you need to do is to connect your pc to your home network (what this does is connect your pc to a network of devices using your same wifi. if you're using a public wifi or dont want to remain connected it's recommended that you disconnect from the network once you're done transferring pictures)
- go to the control panel on your pc
- click network and internet
nettt.png
- click connect to a network
nettt1.png

next you connect your 3DS to the same network:
- go to the home menu
- go to the system settings
- click "Data Management."
- click "microSD Management."
- click "Next"
- click "Next"
- click "Next"
- click "Next" and Select the wireless connection file you wish to use to perform the data transfer. (should be the same connection your pc is using)
- click "Next" and type in the user name you wish to use when accessing the system via a PC
- click Next" and type in the password you wish to use when accessing the system via a PC
- click "Next" and type in the name you wish to identify the system as when accessing it via a PC
- click ap "OK" Twice to connect to the network​

now you're ready to open the files on your pc:
- open windows explorer
- click "Network" on the left panel
nettt2.jpg
- your 3DS should be showing up here under the name you picked for it
- the first time you connect it will ask for the username/password you set up earlier
- click on "microSD"
- all files will be here! :)

**I recommend only transferring a few files at a time. wireless connection is slow so choosing a lot of files at once could freeze your pc. also certain programs may prevent you from using these files (e.g I cant open my SD wirelessly if Im voicing on Skype)​

Last edited:
I'm going to make a second bridge too. My first one's in a convenient place but I want to move it by just a bit. I'll wait til I get more Bells though and do something more essential before that! Maybe a third bridge if I decide to use the default ones?

think you're the first to have an infected villager! Poor Francine! I think that the dress that you made looks amazing, I'm curious as to what the other one looks like. Will you be making clothes for the villagers as well?

ALSO!

I thought it would be fun if we had weekly challenges. Do you guys have any suggestions for challenges we can do on our first week? Also, what sorts of rewards would you guys be interested in? (I have a bunch of amiibos and I've also got the full catalog on my main town so I can give a lot of different prizes) Furniture? Bells? Landscaping items?

P.S: anyone participating in this thread (whether they're following the theme or not) can enter the challenge
Ooh, I actually haven't thought about making clothes for villagers! But why not, it'd be fun! Thanks for the idea. :D I'll upload pics of them and the other dress at the same time once I've made the villager outfits.

And wow, this sounds like SO much fun! Any and all of those prizes would be great, especially WA items! I'll have to think up some ideas for challenges.

I gotta say I looove all of these ideas! It'd be great to have some creative challenges like these instead of just "catch all the fish or bugs", "obtain all the fruit" etc. But I think some people would like that kind of challenges as well. Let's definitely have something!

--
Oh, by the way! I made a blog entry regarding the plans I have for Rajamaa. It's reaally lengthy but here's the link in case anyone's interested anyway: *click*

Last edited:
Oh, by the way! I made a blog entry regarding the plans I have for Rajamaa. It's reaally lengthy but here's the link in case anyone's interested anyway: *click*

Your journal entry is amazing. I love the plans that you have for your town! It looks like you have put a lot of thought into it :) Will you be adding rotten perfect trees to your forest? The leaf-less look makes them look rather spooky! I'm not familiar with Twin Peaks, but I do love both of your ideas for the side characters. Evil Spirits/Witches make a fine contrast with a town so heavily influenced by religion.

Also, I apparently cant edit the first post to add a poll. So I might just have to poll via posts

Last edited:
Your journal entry is amazing. I love the plans that you have for your town! It looks like you have put a lot of thought into it :) Will you be adding rotten perfect trees to your forest? The leaf-less look makes them look rather spooky! I'm not familiar with Twin Peaks, but I do love both of your ideas for the side characters. Evil Spirits/Witches make a fine contrast with a town so heavily influenced by religion.

Also, I apparently cant edit the first post to add a poll. So I might just have to poll via posts
Ahh thank you! I kind of wanted all the 3 characters to represent different kinds of power. I think it's more interesting that way, haha! And yep, the plan's to add dead perfect fruit trees to the forest! I'll be adding them elsewhere too to make the town seem more devasteted. I want to make it so that the more villagers get infected, the more barren the whole town will become. I'm not sure what kind of paths would fit the feel I'm going for the best. I have a feeling I might not be using pattern paths since I don't really like having them in my towns to begin with... I am considering stepping stones here and there though. Other than that, I might just have grass paths or make dirt paths once the snow melts. I'm also considering no paths at all.

Have any of you guys thought about what kind of paths you'll be making?

Last edited:
THANK YOU POCKY! <3

Thanks to pocky I now have real photos up in my blog posts X)

One of my fave shots so far; warming up at the RV grounds yesterday~ c:

J9fMkJa.jpg

Last edited:
DAY 2
I played today for a few hours. Still no Wisp or infected villagers. Will play later tonight to see if I better luck with those things! For now I'll leave you with a summary of what happened during my play session. I'll be using spoilers because I did include a bunch of pictures to this post.

HNI_0054.JPG
First thing today I paid off my debt to Tom Nook. I probably won't be upgrading my house any time soon though. I mean, it is something that I eventually plan on doing it, but for now I have so little items that I see no point in upgrading.

HNI_0059.JPG
Redd also happened to stop by my town. I bought what I think is a genuine "Beautiful Statue" so my Museum should have the Venus de Milo by tomorrow.

HNI_0060.JPG
Bangle has moved in and.... I don't know how I feel about her. I suppose she isn't too ugly (*cough*likeharry*cough*) but I don't love her either. With the English it's easier to love ugly villagers because I can understand all of the funny things that they say. But not being fluent in Japanese I obviously have a harder time enjoying what my villagers are telling me.

HNI_0071.JPGHNI_0077.JPG
Admittedly it has been very easy to understand the requests of my villagers even without the use of a translator. The thing that they want is usually written in a different color so it's very easy to figure out what they want.

HNI_0079.JPGHNI_0082.JPG
As a funny sidenote I kept getting clothing items from my villagers which is very amusing considering the folklore behind my mayor and town names.

HNI_0083.JPG
Jingle was the camper I had visiting today. I didn't need any of the items he had up for sale, but I'm weak so I bought a table and a snowglobe.

HNI_0073.JPG
I also built the snow woman (?) though she wasn't all too impressed with my craftsmanship. A little ungrateful if you ask me. I mean, I did just create life out of pure snow. What do you want from me, woman?!

HNI_0091.JPG
But anyway, by the end of my play session I had managed to reach a 100% approval rating so I'll hopefully start building new bridges by tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

THANK YOU POCKY! <3

Thanks to pocky I now have real photos up in my blog posts X)

One of my fave shots so far; warming up at the RV grounds yesterday~ c:

J9fMkJa.jpg

That's such a cute screenshot! I'm glad you were able to get the wireless method to work!

Latibule Day 2~

No cursed villagers for me either!

- Phil is moving in, he hasn't ruined my landscaping plans but he set his plot as close as he could to my house! I don't really mind though.
- Jambette gave me a lemon in the mail
- Saharah was in town, she gave me the western vista wall
- Made a perfect snowdad beside my perfect snow boy from yesterday
- Changed my town flag/tune and did Isabelle's advice
- Donated fossils, fish, bugs
- Moved flowers to the beach, arranged them for hybrids
- Designed some shirts for the villagers (they're basic but better than the default ones)
- Jambette got angry at Felicity and Goose in the space of 5 minutes
- Found Wisp's lantern
- Payed off home loan
- Got all the main fruits
- Completed all my initiatives
- Got my development permit to 74%

@Pocky what did you do to get 100%? Cause I've done everything I can think of but it seems to be stuck at 74%!

Last edited:
Latibule Day 2~

No cursed villagers for me either!

- Phil is moving in, he hasn't ruined my landscaping plans but he set his plot as close as he could to my house! I don't really mind though.
- Jambette gave me a lemon in the mail
- Saharah was in town, she gave me the western vista wall
- Made a perfect snowdad beside my perfect snow boy from yesterday
- Changed my town flag/tune and did Isabelle's advice
- Donated fossils, fish, bugs
- Moved flowers to the beach, arranged them for hybrids
- Designed some shirts for the villagers (they're basic but better than the default ones)
- Jambette got angry at Felicity and Goose in the space of 5 minutes
- Found Wisp's lantern
- Payed off home loan
- Got all the main fruits
- Completed all my initiatives
- Got my development permit to 74%

@Pocky what did you do to get 100%? Cause I've done everything I can think of but it seems to be stuck at 74%!

I did the following for 100% :
- upgraded from tent to house (then also paid off my loan, but idk if that counts towards the 100%)
- wrote on the bulletin board
- changed the town flag (will change again later, I just put down the beetle one for the points)
- changed the town tune
- donated to the museum
- watered my flowers
- ran some errands for my villagers (I think I did... 6 errands total. Maybe 7)

Did you by any chance sell your town to Tom Nook? I've noticed that with a brand new town it's very easy to reach 100% approval rating. But when I sell my town to Tom Nook I earn very little points per chore and it always gets stuck at a particular number for the rest of that day no matter how many errands I do (so it ends up taking 2 days)

I did the following for 100% :
- upgraded from tent to house (then also paid off my loan, but idk if that counts towards the 100%)
- wrote on the bulletin board
- changed the town flag (will change again later, I just put down the beetle one for the points)
- changed the town tune
- donated to the museum
- watered my flowers
- ran some errands for my villagers (I think I did... 6 errands total. Maybe 7)

Did you by any chance sell your town to Tom Nook? I've noticed that with a brand new town it's very easy to reach 100% approval rating. But when I sell my town to Tom Nook I earn very little points per chore and it always gets stuck at a particular number for the rest of that day no matter how many errands I do (so it ends up taking 2 days)

No I didn't, wasn't even offered anything! haha

I did all that too except not as many villager requests, I talked to them a lot but they didn't want anything! Maybe I'll try again and see if that helps! :)

No I didn't, wasn't even offered anything! haha

I did all that too except not as many villager requests, I talked to them a lot but they didn't want anything! Maybe I'll try again and see if that helps! :)

When that happens I recommend saving the game then opening it up again. Sometimes waiting an hour or two helps too. Now that I remember I ran just 6 errands. I accepted a 7th but haven't been able to fulfill it yet (villager wants a dung beetle, but I built the snow mom/lady/woman so there are no snowballs around)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have any of you guys thought about what kind of paths you'll be making?

Im thinking of going all natural with my paths. But maybe I'll cave in and add some stepping stones here and there.

Oh I forgot to mention I added a little summary/backstory to my acnl blog about Hazel here if anyone would like to read it! I hope to make little drawings based around the story/gameplay at some stage :)

Oh I forgot to mention I added a little summary/backstory to my acnl blog about Hazel here if anyone would like to read it! I hope to make little drawings based around the story/gameplay at some stage :)

Aww, the link doesn't work :<

Back