• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

3D or not 3D? That is the question...

3D or not 3D?

• Total voters

spamurai

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
So, I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the last couple of hours now, it's amazing...
I have, however, turned the 3D off.

I'm fine with 3D on games like Mario Kart but after a little while I preferred the 2D in New Leaf.

Maybe it's because of the ground rolling, I dunno.
But still, I thought I'd start a little poll just to see who's playing in 3D and who isn't. :)

I'm not going to use the 3D. In my experience it doesn't make the game look better. Sure the 3D is nice, but it seems to make the models look more jagged and pixel-y at times. Plus my eyes don't like focusing on the 3D and it makes my head hurt if I look at it for too long.

I won't use 3D for any of my 3DS games, really. They look better without it in my opinion.

I turned the 3D off straight away - as I have with all the games I've played so far on the 3DS. I don't like the 3D feature; I just like the 3DS-exclusive games.

I'm not going to use the 3D. In my experience it doesn't make the game look better. Sure the 3D is nice, but it seems to make the models look more jagged and pixel-y at times. Plus my eyes don't like focusing on the 3D and it makes my head hurt if I look at it for too long.

I won't use 3D for any of my 3DS games, really. They look better without it in my opinion.

I agree, characters and buildings don't look as good.

3D off like all my 3DS games. Reminds me, I ought to at least try it once.

You should definitely try it. I liked using 3D in Metal Gear Solid.

3D is turned off. I like to conserve energy. The 3DS drains battery power like a crazed leech, especially if I go online while I'm playing. With 3D turned off (and the brightness level turned down a notch), I can squeeze nearly 6 hours out of my battery. 3D games on the 3DS doesn't give me headaches or nausea though, the way FPS games on the PC will. :(

I shall answer after tonight lol, I like playing Style Boutique (Style Savvy for NA) in 3D, but I hardly have any 3D games at the moment to use it on

The 3D in any game makes my eyes hurt. Also, it's really hard to get the exact distance and angle that the 3DS wants from you to actually make it work.

3D off. I've never really liked it any of the games, haha. This one included :p

I use it very very slightly in the rain when it doesnt make my head pound. But not for long. Otherwise I cant stand 3D, too much of a headache.

Last edited:
I like to use 3D, but when I have it on, it's usually for about five minutes until my head starts to ache. I like how the 3D is really minimal and you don't need it to enjoy the game, but it's a nice touch. Go to the ocean or the river with 3D on and it's gorgeous.
The graphics are amazing even with the 3D off, though.

I never use 3D, because the only difference for me is the energy use... I see flat (2D) due to a double defect of the eyes (one genetic, one badly treated difference between my eyes...). I sometimes turn it on to show to my kids, who see well, but else... I may be missing something, but I do not feel so.

Depends what game I'm playing really. Monster Hunter I have to have it off cause I move the console too much when playing. :p

I'll probably play AC with 3D on, but all the way down.

I shall answer after tonight lol, I like playing Style Boutique (Style Savvy for NA) in 3D, but I hardly have any 3D games at the moment to use it on

Let us know what you think :) I used it for about an hour, then turned it off.
Every now and then, I flick it on to see what it looks like though.

The 3D in any game makes my eyes hurt. Also, it's really hard to get the exact distance and angle that the 3DS wants from you to actually make it work.

I have that problem. I sometimes see both images because I move too much xD

I use it very very slightly in the rain when it doesnt make my heqd pound. But not for long. Otherwise I cant stand 3D, too much of a headache.

I hope you mean "in the rain" on the game, not in real life xD

I never use 3D, because the only difference for me is the energy use... I see flat (2D) due to a double defect of the eyes (one genetic, one badly treated difference between my eyes...). I sometimes turn it on to show to my kids, who see well, but else... I may be missing something, but I do not feel so.

Ah, my friend doesn't have any depth perception... To be fair, you're not missing a lot. It's a nice quirky feature, but most people don't seem to use it.

3D used to bother me but I don't have any issues now. I think I will keep it down most of the time, though, to save battery life.

The 3D is great! I recommended trying it out. I can't keep it on for long however. It makes me head feel really light. And I don't like risking getting headaches. I absolutely hate headaches.

My 3D is usually off. I enjoy looking at it in 3D from time to time, but it's really just "meh." Having the 3D off saves battery life, not to mention using the 3D for longer than half an hour hurts my eyes. :p

Back