• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

3DS Coins

Garrett x50 cal

Veteran AC Player
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Bell Bag Badge
Yellow Candy
Small Mailbox
Are the 3DS coins gained by walking with your 3DS used for anything in animal crossing New Leaf? Also are they used for any games?

You can use two Play Coins each day to buy a fortune cookie at Timmy & Tommy's shop. You eat the fortune cookie and then redeem the fortune for a prize (usually a Nintendo related item, for example a Fi mask or a Wii Balance Board).

Technically, it's 4 playcoins a day if you count the second fourtine cookie

Oh okay, that must be in later stores. The starting store (Nookling Junction) only sells one fortune cookie a day.

I've been walking around with my DS alot collecting the coins for the fortune cookies!

I hate lugging around my 3DS XL. It feels so awkward in my pocket.
And I'm still working on Find Mii II. I wish we could get more than 10 play coins a day. 1000 steps is way too easy to reach.

You can shake your 3DS on sleep mode for around 20 minutes and get your daily coins that way if you don't walk or if you simply just don't want to carry your console everywhere with you.

I was saving them up for a while, but I just figured I'd use them all for the puzzle and find mii games. I'll just earn 2-4 a day when ACNL comes out and use them there. Saving started to seem silly, lol. Not to offend anyone, as I know how statements like that have been really taken poorly in the past, but I just don't see a need to save them up when you can max out their use in NL at 4 each day with a bigger shop.

I'm ready for this game, I saved up 289 coins so far. ACNL is the only reason why I'm collecting coins.

I was saving them up for a while, but I just figured I'd use them all for the puzzle and find mii games. I'll just earn 2-4 a day when ACNL comes out and use them there. Saving started to seem silly, lol. Not to offend anyone, as I know how statements like that have been really taken poorly in the past, but I just don't see a need to save them up when you can max out their use in NL at 4 each day with a bigger shop.
Meh, it's partly just that I'm 'cheap' and hate spending my coins. And it drives me nuts to not have a nice, even count of coins, on that note.

You can also only get 10 coins per day and can only have 300 at a time.
I didn't know there was a maximum of 300! You'd think that with 3 numbers, it wouldn't exactly be hard to make the limit 999 or something.

I usually get to 100 or so before I use them all on puzzles and Find Mii. Saving up coins for fortune cookies will go quickly enough I think, you'd only need 400 steps for 2 fortune cookies, and I think everyone walks at least that much every day.

I'm personally saving for NL so I can be totally lazy not have to worry about collecting coins when I want to focus on the game. :p It's just nice to always have them on hand, imo.

Besides, I've given up on the puzzles because I just keep getting duplicate pieces. I'm stuck on Find Me II because I don't have two yellow shirts for the poison room. Argh!
So, yeah, I have nottin' to spend my coins on anyways. :rolleyes:

I didn't know there was a maximum of 300! You'd think that with 3 numbers, it wouldn't exactly be hard to make the limit 999 or something.

I usually get to 100 or so before I use them all on puzzles and Find Mii. Saving up coins for fortune cookies will go quickly enough I think, you'd only need 400 steps for 2 fortune cookies, and I think everyone walks at least that much every day.

I've heard the average person walks (more or less) 10,000 steps a day.
...not me. :blush:

I'll carry my XL in my purse when I'm oot and aboot, but I find it too difficult to carry it in my hand or something while doing exercises like using the treadmill/Wii Fit/Just Dance/etc. and I'm scared of it being unprotected outside.

I do, however, find it quite effective to have a nice walk around the kitchen. Lol!

Back