• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

a thread to complain about the candyvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
she/they
Silver Star Glow Wand
Final Boss Heart Balloon
Sinister Lantern
Asteroid Plush
Black Famous Mushroom
White Star Fragment
Final Boss Feather
Spirit Candy: Wix
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Lucky
idc about what does or doesn't happen, but maybe if enough of you express your distaste for, the staff will reverse their stance on
oh, also. please don't start arguments with one another and get this thread locked as well.

just express your thoughts on as concisely as possible and ignore those you disagree with for now. thanks

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention my previous statement wasn't about "just that I'm ok so you should be"", it was about that you can't control what others do just because you are uncomfortable. Sometimes people are rude or don't care enough to change their behavior so if they said no, you'll have to find a way to cope with it or ignore it. @Emolga59

That's what my therapist told me.

what's wrong with the candy vam
The candy van is cancelled in 2020 no free candy
Post automatically merged:

Just wanted to mention my previous statement wasn't about "just that I'm ok so you should be"", it was about that you can't control what others do just because you are uncomfortable. Sometimes people are rude or don't care enough to change their behavior so if they said no, you'll have to find a way to cope with it or ignore it. @Emolga59

That's what my therapist told me.
If I thread is locked I would not continue the same conversation lol

To be honest i wished, we all, me included of course, wouldn't feed this discussion as, at some points, we are not even discussing the original point but rather arguing about things such as emojis or who is supporting who etc.

It is absolutely understandable that some people with no trauma feel uncomfortable with the connotation of the banner just as understandable that some with trauma feel discomfort or triggered, however, it is also perfectly fine to not feel negative nor positive feelings about the banner. I wish we would all reflect about this and accept it as a fact instead of trying to convince others to think their way or to shame people for the way they feel.

I my self will not discuss this topic any further after this post and will also not react to anyone who will fuel the dispute further. I have to say i feel bad for the staff who with their best of intentions prepared in advance this lovely event and now are receiving pressure from all sides, I would also, maybe, like to ask people to not use staff responses in order to fuel the dispute further.

I am really sad for the people who find it distasteful or have been triggered, I am, and truly hope you have mechanism to face this feelings and situations in a save manner. With all this said, i feel the event should stay as it is, we should all put our selfs in the shoe of others and instead of commenting straight away, to think twice about other people.

SO ! im back to event mode :) and wish you all good luck for the event ✨ 🍬

Last edited:
If I thread is locked I would not continue the same conversation lol
Understandable, just don't like being called rude/ignorant just because I was stating my own perspective on the matter. Especially when they only quoted part of my post. 😔

I just want to have a fun event since my year has been so **** and I feel like everything leads to a **** storm. I’m serious W the fact I want to say mods can you just resolve the problem and make it so everyone agrees.

I hope I didn't get the whole ball rolling with my initial comment about 13+ year old's already being taught about the infamous white van. Didn't mean for any harm to come out of that.

I myself enjoy dark humor and have no problem with the candy van. I'm cool with it getting changed though, whatever is best for those that are uncomfortable by it's presence.

i'd personally just like to make a shout to my boy, jason voorhees 🖤

my only two cents on this topic: if the staff have to walk on eggshells to please everyone, and make sure that every piece of content that comes out is 100% safe and okay with every individual member, it's going to get messy, especially over something like a day event that's literally going to be over with soon.

as far as i'm aware, there are other images that have been used in the past - for example, when someone posts a 'free candy' white van picture in a thread. it's the same concept, and it's a humoring joke that's meant to lighten the mood and if anything, point out how willing we all are to throw caution to the wind (this specific situation being our bells i suppose) for the candy. it was a satire joke, but still a joke. a joke that the staff themselves have stated they respect the opinions of others who don't find it funny and said that no harm was meant to be done. and with a picture like this, there isn't any real harm. at most you're emotionally affected by something you can easily turn off and walk away from.

"satire may be uncomfortable, but humor makes us human."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back