• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

a thread to complain about the candyvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly still smh...

As I like to say at times like this "Oh well"

People are entitled to their opinions and feelings, I understand and accept that, but if I strongly disagree with something or someone I'm not gonna go looking to start some kind of drama about it either.

If I don't like something or what someone said or how they said it, I just ignore, keep my own thoughts to myself, and go on with my life. That's something I've learned to do because I do have my negative moments too but sometimes I know when to just say nothing. Eventually I'll cool down and not care anymore. I'll go do something else that makes me happy/laugh like draw or watch some TV.

All I'm saying is, don't be like Marshal. Don't be sulky!

I just don't understand why jokes about kidnapping children are being made here. Think of the kids, or the parents, on the site who aren't following this event that see that. It's not funny
A common thing in horror movies is kidnapping, this is a day of fear.

Reactions: Taj
Jacob's right, some people aren't aware of the event so seeing such an image could warrant negative assumptions. However, when you do become aware of the event, you realize they meant no harm and it's funny given the context.

It doesn't bother me at all personally in a trigger sort of way (I have experienced CSA) that's just how I'm able to deal with it personally, but it bothers me that other people are hurt because of this and it's valid and understandable why they would be, whether they have same kind of traumatic experiences or not, and are being shut down with things like "it's just an image". When I saw the image that's what I immediately thought of instead of just a basic horror trope. People deal with this kind of trauma in different ways and it's important to hear people out and understand why they feel that way, even if you disagree. The "free candy" trope is more related to CSA (or child kidnapping) than anything else. It upsets me that those who are hurt are implied to be weak.

Last edited:
all I will say is that seeing so many have a "get over it" or "it doesn't bother me so that means it shouldn't bother you" mentality is quite disconcerting.
I agree with this but sometimes people are just providing their own perspectives on the matter and don't intend for it to be like that.

As soon as I get off for a couple of hours, I miss out on something like this. lol I honestly don’t get why people are making such a big deal about this, it is only up for today and I guarantee that people would not have cared if the van graphics had Jack or Zipper on it. If you truly are going to make a big deal about an image like this even though staff have made their decision, you could always block it or do something else for the rest of the day. Just my 2 cents.

Wasted opportunity to not flood the banner with tons of Yellow Candies and adding more with each hour until the event ends. May would have fit better to the "Yellow Candy Hype".

Otherwise, not really my favorite event banner (not sure how else I should call it) tbh, the ones I have saw from the other events were more creative and fitting to each event, but that's just my unpopular opinion to that topic...

Wasted opportunity to not flood the banner with tons of Yellow Candies and adding more with each hour until the event ends. May would have fit better to the "Yellow Candy Hype".

Otherwise, not really my favorite event banner (not sure how else I should call it) tbh, the ones I have saw from the other events were more creative and fitting to each event, but that's just my unpopular opinion to that topic...
You should have been here for this one Easter event, I remember it was raining Easter eggs and it was purely chaotic. They should've down that but with Candies.

It really shouldn't say "free candy" as that is false advertising. It almost feels like the mods are making fun of everyone who played the lottery during this event. Unless mods are planning a full refund, it just ain't right in my opinion and it definitely isn't funny in any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back