• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

a thread to complain about the candyvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have been here for this one Easter event, I remember it was raining Easter eggs and it was purely chaotic. They should've down that but with Candies.
Now that's actually a even bigger wasted opportunity here, I can imagine how cool that would have been to have Yellow Candies raining (the one with the eggs sounds fun too, I hope this idea comes back one day, I would love to witness this chaos, lol).

It really shouldn't say "free candy" as that is false advertising. It almost feels like the mods are making fun of everyone who played the lottery during this event. Unless mods are planning a full refund, it just ain't right in my opinion and it definitely isn't funny in any sense.
it actually is free candy

singular

Wasted opportunity to not flood the banner with tons of Yellow Candies and adding more with each hour until the event ends. May would have fit better to the "Yellow Candy Hype".

Otherwise, not really my favorite event banner (not sure how else I should call it) tbh, the ones I have saw from the other events were more creative and fitting to each event, but that's just my unpopular opinion to that topic...
I agree with you, not my favorite either because it's uninspired and uncreative compared to previous banners.

honestly, the fact that they changed the banner just for a 24 hour event is still nice in my opinion. i've been on forums and ran forums that never did anything like this whatsoever and it would have been a nice touch for new events, even if they were just a day long.

i really appreciate the effort that goes into the site, no matter how 'little' it seems to be on the surface.

Too exhausted to add anything helpful but I agree this is, at best, in very poor taste and, at worst, actively triggering and distressing. In my opinion, the mods have a duty of care to forum members, especially a forum with children using it.
Also, if anyone needs to talk/vent, my inbox is open. Look after yourself and each other 💕

Now that's actually a even bigger wasted opportunity here, I can imagine how cool that would have been to have Yellow Candies raining (the one with the eggs sounds fun too, I hope this idea comes back one day, I would love to witness this chaos, lol).
Justin made all the eggs huge and like spammed them all over the page last time I check

Now that I think about it, in terms of "simple event banners for one day", instead of the van, they should have replace the tree with a giant Yellow Candy. I would have found it funny at least... :/

Just to very quickly address the post from Wix, clicking the image grants 20 free bells, so in essence it does give out a free candy. Kudos to the couple people who found it prior to now!

Thank you for posting this! I tried clicking on the van in the banner, but didn't think to try clicking the post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back