• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

a thread to complain about the candyvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to very quickly address the post from Wix, clicking the image grants 20 free bells, so in essence it does give out a free candy. Kudos to the couple people who found it prior to now!

I was hitting the wrong van this entire time.
LVY2jhM.gif

Sorry mods! I still think the banner is lame, not cause it's offensive or anything, but it could have been something better 😜 but I really appreciate the extra you guys do for us undeserving mortals even though you all must be tired from hosting event after event back-to-back! Seriously, thank you staff! 💖

ah so there's a thread about this.

yeah, when i logged in today I was kinda taken aback at that banner, due to the ... implications of suspicious vans

It makes sense given the event and spooky friday the 13th, sure, but I would still say it's in poor taste.

No hate to the forum staff, because they work hard on events and seem like good caring ppl from the interactions I've seen and experienced. I'm sure there was no harm intended from this gag, but I would think about how "dark humor" could come across to users, esp those who have experienced trauma, in the future.

That's my two cents, I'll zip it now.

wait I'm so confused what happened here

edit: oh okay nvm it's a bunch of arguments and bs thay I honestly have no patience for right now. y'all can argue and be angry at each other, I really don't care. but if anyone wants to actually have fun I'll be over here playing AC:GCN and praying that I get one of those cute new candies.

Last edited:
honestly, what disturbs me most are the cold and dismissive attitudes in this thread. :|

just popping in to say, to any fellow CSA victims who were negatively affected by this: it's okay if it's not "just an image" to you. it doesn't make you weak, or a "snowflake", or humorless. we don't choose our triggers. take care, and if anyone needs a space to vent i'd be happy to lend an ear.

(and yes, i understand there was no ill intent meant from the mods. anyway, peace out.)

i don't have much to say but i still wanna add my piece to the thread. i understand that there were no bad intentions with this joke, and the implications of the image probably weren't considered, but jokes of this nature can be really upsetting to a lot of users. i don't have any trauma associated with these topics, but i still feel it was inappropriate. i hope the staff will take into consideration the feelings of those uncomfortable with this, even if they might disagree.

I get the mods can honestly put whatever they want on the site but it would be nice for someone to actually acknowledge people's feelings rather than shrug them off because this is their kind of humor. The dismissive nature of saying that other forms of media make the joke all the time also... doesn't make it okay or less upsetting. Ill intent or not. I'm personally not affected by the banner but did side-eye the choice this morning.

This is 100% in poor taste and reminds me of mid 2000s middle school humor that was never really funny to begin with. (P bear for instance.) The response to people being upset or feeling uneasy about this was flat out disappointing and distespectful. Just because your humor is "dark" doesn't mean everyone should be subjected to it. Think about what you say or post and how it will affect those exposed before implementing it. Especially when running a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back