• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL 3DS XL Bundle in Canada

Cloudkitty

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mods, I scanned the titles to see if this has been covered in its own thread, but couldn't find anything. My apologies if I did miss a previous thread.

I've been waiting for the bundle to show up on the Gamestop/EB Games site in Canada. So far it has only appeared on the Best Buy.ca site, so today I called the local Gamestop. I was surprised to be told that it would be a Best Buy exclusive in Canada. It doesn't say that on the BB page (you wold think they'd blow their own horn a bit about an exclusive item).

The staff at my neighbourhood Gamestop are quite nice, and I'd really rather purchase from them, but no luck. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...7763541216763a783c8fa86en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Yeah, I'm glad I phoned because I was getting nervous. At least now I know definitively. I was hoping that a pre-purchase through Gamestop would enable me to pick it up at the store on release day (like I did with the Pikachu 3DS XL for my daughter's birthday).

Oh so it is a BB exclusive? That's strange. Well we've waited this long I guess a couple days shipping won't kill us.

Wait, it's a BB exclusive? I sent an email to Nintendo asking about the bundle and they said they were surprised the EB Games (Gamestop) staff hadn't heard about it. o_O

I'm glad you contacted us. The Animal Crossing Nintendo 3DS XL will be released in Canada, so I'm not sure why the staff at EB Games didn't know about it. I encourage you to keep checking with them or check with other retailers in Canada that carry our products.

And then they sent me a link that contained American retailers. Thanks, Nintendo! -_-

Last edited:
Well that explains a lot. I thought it was just EBGames lagging behind on their listing updates. :p
Now all that's left is for them to add the official guidebook and lower New Leaf's price to $34.99 (or is that just a USA thing?)

Glad to hear you were able to reserve the bundle for yourself. Enjoy :)

The girl at Gamestop was pretty sure that the bundle is a BB exclusive. Usually when I ask a question about something that is different from the website, they say "just keep checking the site for updates." Interesting that the Nintendo rep didn't know anything. I'm going to keep checking the Gamestop site until I actually place an order with BB, just in case.

Are you kidding me? Exclusive to Best Buy?

...every Best Buy on Vancouver Island closed a few months ago. Dammit. Guess I have to order it online now... sigh.

Justin, you'd have to order online for BB anyways. I have a BB about 6 blocks from my place, and I can't get in-store pickup, only online purchase and delivery.

Justin, you'd have to order online for BB anyways. I have a BB about 6 blocks from my place, and I can't get in-store pickup, only online purchase and delivery.

You can't just walk into the store and buy it like normal on June 9th? o_O

The site will not let you reserve one, and I don't want to take the chance of it not being available in-store on June 9th. It chomps that I will have to wait for delivery, but I guess a couple more days won't kill me. Or maybe it will. We'll see.

Are you kidding me? Exclusive to Best Buy?

...every Best Buy on Vancouver Island closed a few months ago. Dammit. Guess I have to order it online now... sigh.

i will order it for you

Apologies for my ignorance, but if I (living in Australia) bought the Animal crossing 3ds from the uk, would the region locking be okay if I tried to put Australian 3ds games in it? And would streetpass/spotpass work?

and for me too please :D

I have not seen it in any AU store yet, so I think you are lucky to have any store that would sell it! I'm going to order mine from the UK.
I'm roughly 70% sure it wont come to aUS

Apologies for my ignorance, but if I (living in Australia) bought the Animal crossing 3ds from the uk, would the region locking be okay if I tried to put Australian 3ds games in it? And would streetpass/spotpass work?
Ya. The EU and AUS 3DS are the same (it says so on the back of the game boxes). Region lock wouldn't be a problem, and you'd still be able to use streetpass and spotpass :)

Back