• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL 3DS XL Bundle in Canada

Apologies for my ignorance, but if I (living in Australia) bought the Animal crossing 3ds from the uk, would the region locking be okay if I tried to put Australian 3ds games in it? And would streetpass/spotpass work?

Also make sure you have a charger the UK ones don't come with one, which is what is partially holding me back from importing.

Ya. The EU and AUS 3DS are the same (it says so on the back of the game boxes). Region lock wouldn't be a problem, and you'd still be able to use streetpass and spotpass :)

Aw, that's good news for you guys! The ones that want an EU based bundle that is!

Good news yes, but I dunno where I'm going to buy a charger from D: I've never owned a 3ds or dsi only a dslite so I'm in a quandary as to whether I buy or not XD

Pretty sure any game store will sell chargers. Or use Amazon or eBay.

I've been searching, but most of the ones I've found are compatible to all types of ds's(meaning they have 2 different plug things) I'm thinking I'll probably get the bundle simply as its cheaper in the long run.

I'm roughly 70% sure it wont come to aUS

Ya. The EU and AUS 3DS are the same (it says so on the back of the game boxes). Region lock wouldn't be a problem, and you'd still be able to use streetpass and spotpass :)

Diva B, have I told you lately that I love you? I always get scared that if I pre-order a EU one that I will get shafted and it wont work T_T but you make me feel like I have some faith in humanity left.

Pretty sure any game store will sell chargers. Or use Amazon or eBay.

This. It's the same charger for the normal 3DS so you won't be stuck, anywhere with the console in general will have the charger :)

I also have a 3rd party charger for mine that has 3 different tips so I can charge different devices, it works perfectly.

So does everywhere that is getting the game also get the bundle? Just curious. Also who gets the figurine? I know the UK are (yay) and I also saw that Australia are. Is it all of EU that get it?

Bundle: Japan, Korea, EU & NA have it announced, Australia not *yet*. They can order it from EU as our region lock is the same, but this is not ideal for many reasons :(.

Figure: In the UK it's a Game exclusive, so only that retailer offers it. On their website it says "UK Only" but I assume that means they won't ship it with an overseas address.
Not sure about EU & Australia for it

If you go onto the Australian website is says 'coming soon' pre-order the game and bonus offer with a picture of the figurine.

OK wait.. so if I want the bundle.. I have to order is online from bestbuy.ca? They won't have ANY in stock the day of??? Because that's lame. I don't want to have to wait another week after the 9th, for delivery.

EDIT: Okay so I just called Nintendo Canada here in Vancouver LOL. The girl knew a lot. She said that the actual BB stores should have them the day of. But they are very limited. You cant walk into a store and pre-order. You have to do it online. If you pre-order online.. the store should save you a copy? She was a little misunderstood. I dont know! LOL

Last edited:
OK wait.. so if I want the bundle.. I have to order is online from bestbuy.ca? They won't have ANY in stock the day of??? Because that's lame. I don't want to have to wait another week after the 9th, for delivery.

EDIT: Okay so I just called Nintendo Canada here in Vancouver LOL. The girl knew a lot. She said that the actual BB stores should have them the day of. But they are very limited. You cant walk into a store and pre-order. You have to do it online. If you pre-order online.. the store should save you a copy? She was a little misunderstood. I dont know! LOL
Did you ask if you could pre-order over the phone? The bundle isn't available to reserve for in-store pickup on bestbuy.ca as far as I know. Also, Best Buy has a warehouse located in BC so you should receive the bundle within 1 or 2 business days if you pre-order online. :)

Did you ask if you could pre-order over the phone? The bundle isn't available to reserve for in-store pickup on bestbuy.ca as far as I know. Also, Best Buy has a warehouse located in BC so you should receive the bundle within 1 or 2 business days if you pre-order online. :)

I'd assume that you wouldn't be able to just because they've been adamant about pre-orders being online only. Best Buy has warehouses near most major cities so unless you're out in a reallllllly small town in Northern Quebec or something, you'll probably get it in 1 - 2 business days. Big companies are usually good about quick shipping. I frequently order new Tamagotchi releases from Japan and receive them in 2 business days so there's no need to worry. :)

I'd assume that you wouldn't be able to just because they've been adamant about pre-orders being online only. Best Buy has warehouses near most major cities so unless you're out in a reallllllly small town in Northern Quebec or something, you'll probably get it in 1 - 2 business days. Big companies are usually good about quick shipping. I frequently order new Tamagotchi releases from Japan and receive them in 2 business days so there's no need to worry. :)

I don't know if I could handle those 1 or 2 extra days!!!! LOL I already own an XL so maybe i'll just keep it.

I don't know if I could handle those 1 or 2 extra days!!!! LOL I already own an XL so maybe i'll just keep it.

At the time it will be brutal watching everyone start their towns, but once you have yours you won't even remember having to wait. I'd rather wait a few extra days and have something I'll enjoy for a long long time.

I ordered from BB, but I did so via the online system in store (crazy yeah but I live just a few blocks away). The girl at BB said that there was no guarantee of them being available in the store on the release date, and I just cannot leave it to chance. I'd rather wait a day or two and know for sure that I am getting the bundle. I know myself, if I don't have assurance I will spend the next five weeks in worry mode.

Back