• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Event in New York Questions

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
My hubby and I are definitely going to the even in New York on June 8th but we have a dilemma. The hotels in the area are around $300 a night, and we would only stay there for 3-4 hours at most. Does anyone who lives in New York know if other people camp out the night before an event? If other people are there, I feel like we'll just stay in line instead of getting a hotel. Thoughts?

^ yup, was going to say that myself. And some people do camp out, it really depends. For Kid Icarus, I think it was, I had a friend camp out and was in line for like 2.5 hours, by the time he got in, all early copies were sold.

I think it was kid Icarus. Maybe fire emblem. Not sure, will have to ask. You will get a butt load of streetpasses, regardless though

Good luck on your city adventures, it sounds like it's going to be quite the experience (maybe you should send some swapnote photos as well XD)

Good luck on your city adventures, it sounds like it's going to be quite the experience (maybe you should send some swapnote photos as well XD)

I'm pretty sure I'll be taking photos with my 3DS as well as taking video. I wonder if I'll pass other TBT forum goers and not even know it!

I took a weekend trip to nyc 2 years ago and hotel carter was cheap. Right off of times square. Not the best hotel in the world, but if its just somewhere to stay for a little while, it might be worth it..

- - - Post Merge - - -

I took a weekend trip to nyc 2 years ago and hotel carter was cheap. Right off of times square. Not the best hotel in the world, but if its just somewhere to stay for a little while, it might be worth it..

I've already got confirmation that people will definitely be camping out the night before.
Just come on up and get in line. ;)

I'll see you there then! :D
I go to just about every Nintendo World event (one of many benefits of living so close to the city) and there are always lots of people waiting outside, so I'd just do that. ^-^​

I'll see you there, then :p If you feel like it would be more comfortable, getting a hotel isn't a bad idea. You could go and check if there is a line or not, and if not, get the hotel or wait in starbucks.

Unfortunately I won't get there until when it starts... looks like I won't be getting in :(

If I didn't have a bridal shower on the 9th I'd have seriously considered taking a Greyhound down and crashing at a friend's house. (I have a few of them in Manhattan.)

You should camp. I remember when Nintendo world did an event, for kingdom hearts dream drop distance the line was so long by the time people got in all copies where sold out.

You should camp. I remember when Nintendo world did an event, for kingdom hearts dream drop distance the line was so long by the time people got in all copies where sold out.

Hmm. That is a bit disheartening.. seems best to camp, I think ;) I'm going to the event, as I said, but I don't plan on getting an early copy of the game. I already have a 100 dollars store-credit towards the bundle, which I preordered at Gamestop... so I won't be able to get the early copy. I'm going because I want to get some merchandise, but it hasn't even been confirmed there will be any. *Gasp*

Do you think it is worth it for me to go? Will they run out of merchandise? That would be terrible :lemon: Also, has any more information been released on what will be happening and what will be available at the event?

Well if you have the time and patients to go then yes!. Hmm and i think they will be giving out merchandise since its an event, not to sure but they probably will.

I have a feeling they'll have those plushies along with maybe pins or something.
Anything extra is worth it, and if not, tons of streetpasses will be coming your way!

Back