• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Event in New York Questions

I'm definitely going, but I'm not sure yet about when. I live in New York City so what I plan to do is head up to Nintendo World on Thursday night, Friday morning and Friday afternoon just to see if there is a line yet. I can either post on here or start a new thread [or even text anyone who wants] and let you guys know the status of the line when I check it!

If the line is already long by Friday night I'm thinking of just sucking it up and camping out.

I went to the Luigi's Mansion event not long ago and I heard there were people camping out 2 nights before for that one :/ They gave awesome shirts and other exclusive items to I think the first 50 and 100 people, and then Luigi hats and mustaches to the first 300.
426382_4628856359902_846546073_n.jpg
I got there 2 hours early and was able to get a hat and mustache, but it was also freezing cold out so I think maybe more people didn't go because of the weather.

It was so awesome though, and if anyone is still deciding on whether or not they should go to the New Leaf event, I would say this is definitely something you don't want to miss!

I'm definitely going, but I'm not sure yet about when. I live in New York City so what I plan to do is head up to Nintendo World on Thursday night, Friday morning and Friday afternoon just to see if there is a line yet. I can either post on here or start a new thread [or even text anyone who wants] and let you guys know the status of the line when I check it!

If the line is already long by Friday night I'm thinking of just sucking it up and camping out.

I went to the Luigi's Mansion event not long ago and I heard there were people camping out 2 nights before for that one :/ They gave awesome shirts and other exclusive items to I think the first 50 and 100 people, and then Luigi hats and mustaches to the first 300.
View attachment 4136
I got there 2 hours early and was able to get a hat and mustache, but it was also freezing cold out so I think maybe more people didn't go because of the weather.

It was so awesome though, and if anyone is still deciding on whether or not they should go to the New Leaf event, I would say this is definitely something you don't want to miss!

Thanks for letting us know! I was planning on waiting till the line filled up a little before getting in line, but if there is a chance at getting exclusive merchandise in the first 50-100 I am so in!

I can stop by on Friday late afternoon; the days before then I have trips to several graduations for friends & family. I'll snap a picture w/ results! If the line's beyond measure, I'm going to purchase it @ BB PM'ed off of Kmart's $29.99 sale price. But I rather have it a day early. MUST BEGIN POKEMON VILLAGER ROULETTE ASAP. %)

I can stop by on Friday late afternoon; the days before then I have trips to several graduations for friends & family. I'll snap a picture w/ results! If the line's beyond measure, I'm going to purchase it @ BB PM'ed off of Kmart's $29.99 sale price. But I rather have it a day early. MUST BEGIN POKEMON VILLAGER ROULETTE ASAP. %)

Hmm what do you mean by Pokemon villager roulette? XD Hmm, I hope the line isn't too crazy. I'm still debating going or not. I can't camp out overnight, so I hope by getting there at 7 or so on Saturday would at least get me a spot on line to buy some merchandise... THERE BETTER BE MERCHANDISE *cackles madly*

Otherwise my trip would be a bit unnecessary (not getting the game early)

I wonder how many people are camping out :0 MAYBE I SHOULD GO AT LIKE 2 AM :eek: (no, too extreme. though maybe I would if I could)

I'll likely be there 2 hours early, soonest I can get in to the city. T_T

Looks like there will be Animal crossing 3DS skins for the first 100 in line! Other Animal Crossing related activities can be done to receive buttons. Sounds fun.

I'll likely be there 2 hours early, soonest I can get in to the city. T_T

Looks like there will be Animal crossing 3DS skins for the first 100 in line! Other Animal Crossing related activities can be done to receive buttons. Sounds fun.

was this on the nintendo world site? were plushies mentioned? O.O *needs plushies*

I've been so busy today I haven't had time to head up to Nintendo World, but I just called the store to ask if there were any people waiting yet and when they think I should get there to get a good spot in line. The guy I spoke to said that he thinks most people will show up 1-3 hours early for the event, and usually for these types of things there are only a few people crazy enough to camp out overnight. I also think since the weather is going to be horrible there will be even less people willing to wait all night.

I'm going to actually go to the store tomorrow around 5 to see if anyone is out there yet and also if the store is open I'll go in and see if they have any Animal Crossing merchandise for sale. I'll let you guys know how that goes tomorrow!

I've been so busy today I haven't had time to head up to Nintendo World, but I just called the store to ask if there were any people waiting yet and when they think I should get there to get a good spot in line. The guy I spoke to said that he thinks most people will show up 1-3 hours early for the event, and usually for these types of things there are only a few people crazy enough to camp out overnight. I also think since the weather is going to be horrible there will be even less people willing to wait all night.

I'm going to actually go to the store tomorrow around 5 to see if anyone is out there yet and also if the store is open I'll go in and see if they have any Animal Crossing merchandise for sale. I'll let you guys know how that goes tomorrow!
Is it strange that on sat I will love the weather? Chance of being in the 100s is good.

Yeah true, hopefully less people will be willing to come then.

What time are you planning on getting there Aika? I still have no idea when I'm going to start waiting in line.

oooh looks good for us. I'll be in New York and at Nintendo world at about 2:30 am.

Yeah true, hopefully less people will be willing to come then.

What time are you planning on getting there Aika? I still have no idea when I'm going to start waiting in line.
I want to leave around 7:30 or sooner. From Brooklyn it should take 30mins with two trains the Q to 34th st then two stops over on the D.

I've been so busy today I haven't had time to head up to Nintendo World, but I just called the store...

Kelly, I did the same thing. A lady rep said nobody was there (the rains in the last 2 days didn't help) & she seemed confident that about stock. Oddly, she mentioned there should be more bundles available- likely because there are already 3ds/3ds XL owners out there that just want the game.

Hmm what do you mean by Pokemon villager roulette?

According to neogaf (quite reliable), there's a 1:8500~ chance that a Pokemon may spawn as a villager!
____

www.destructoid.com/nintendo-world-will-transform-into-animal-crossing-town-255399.phtml

Hrm, buttons & as jesirawr has mentioned, a skin for for the 1st 100 fans. I really don't need either... not sure if I'm going now.

According to neogaf (quite reliable), there's a 1:8500~ chance that a Pokemon may spawn as a villager!

Can you link us the post? I tried to find some mention of it and failed. >.< It'd be so cool if you could have a Pokemon villager! (I am a little skeptical actually, since we haven't had any mention of it before now...)

Whoa, I find this very, very hard to believe. Especially since there was no mention of this all this time that Japan has had the game.

I just called the Nintendo World Store and the woman informed me that the line consists of 6 people as of now. This concerns me, because clearly it will grow very quickly. I hope I can get there early tomorrow :S

I asked about merchandise, and was told the only thing they have available for purchase is the game/bundle. Alas, there will be no plushies whatsoever. :(

They will have games to win various unspecified prizes. The employee didn't know what they were. (Though I heard that they were just buttons somewhere)

Since I won't be buying a copy of the game, and there will be no plushies available, I'm considering calling it off. :S Well, honestly, I already paid for my bus ticket, and I have nothing else to do. There is no reason for me not to go. I'll be there, but I hope its not in vain! I'll just try to play those games/contests to WIN STUFF

Last edited:
I just went to Nintendo World at 6:00pm and there was one person in line. Actually, he wasn't even there. His chair was holding his spot - apparently he went home to sleep and planned to be back at midnight. The weather in New York is really brutal right now and I honestly don't think there will be many people willing to stand in the strong wind and downpour rain overnight.

My plan is to head there around 4am when the rain is supposed to go from heavy rains and scattered thunderstorms to just showers. By 7am the rain will stop, so this is probably when most people will arrive.

Back