• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Event in New York Questions

Yes, the weather is on my side. It is raining on and off quite hard. I'll be getting up quite early tomorrow morning to head down there! Wish all of us luck! We will all take plenty of events ;)

Can you link us the post? I tried to find some mention of it and failed. >.< It'd be so cool if you could have a Pokemon villager! (I am a little skeptical actually, since we haven't had any mention of it before now...)

Whoa, I find this very, very hard to believe. Especially since there was no mention of this all this time that Japan has had the game.

Here's is the LINK & post by Robin64- who's a big contributor to the OT there. Neogaf is a hardcore gamer site (some members are confirmed devs in the industry) that has a waiting list for membership & if you fib about a source you're banned.

A pic for the laaazy: ;)

NEWs.jpg

Just heard from a girl waiting in line. As of right now there are only about 8 people. Also she said she called Nintendo World yesterday and the guy she spoke to told her they have 156 3DS XL bundles available for purchase in the store.

Just heard from a girl waiting in line. As of right now there are only about 8 people. Also she said she called Nintendo World yesterday and the guy she spoke to told her they have 156 3DS XL bundles available for purchase in the store.

How much longer till release there?

Here's is the LINK & post by Robin64- who's a big contributor to the OT there. Neogaf is a hardcore gamer site (some members are confirmed devs in the industry) that has a waiting list for membership & if you fib about a source you're banned.

A pic for the laaazy: ;)

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. Pokemon villagers do not exist in Animal Crossing New Leaf. If you skim through the earlier posts you'll notice that people were mentioning restarting their town until they got their preferred villagers. Robin64 was only stating that people reset numerous times to obtain shiny Pokemon starters in the Pokemon series. In other words, there's nothing wrong with resetting until your ambitions are met. His/her statement is no way related to the actual villager types featured in Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Back on topic; this all seems surreal tbh. I hope everyone that attends has a good time at the event! To those planning to stay over-night, please dress appropriately for the weather. :)

I just went to Nintendo World at 6:00pm and there was one person in line. Actually, he wasn't even there. His chair was holding his spot - apparently he went home to sleep and planned to be back at midnight. The weather in New York is really brutal right now and I honestly don't think there will be many people willing to stand in the strong wind and downpour rain overnight.

My plan is to head there around 4am when the rain is supposed to go from heavy rains and scattered thunderstorms to just showers. By 7am the rain will stop, so this is probably when most people will arrive.

Solid plan... lemme know how that goes for ya, haha good luck

Robin64 was only stating that people reset numerous times to obtain shiny Pokemon starters in the Pokemon series.

Peoki, thanks for the explanation. I got the context all muddled; did not mean to misinform anyone. Rather glad, this turned out to be false- as I would try to score
a Pokemon. ;)

Decided to purchase an early copy; as of 5:25 AM there are 30 people or less here.

Hey everyone! I've been in like for 20 or so minutes now. I'd say there are 50-60 people here. I'm terrible at estimation! If you haven't gotten here yet, you can still be in the first 100 I believe. But the line is growing faster now. If you are in line and reading this well I probably see you, so hello! Edit: now left the event! Bought a copy of New Leaf, as I've decided to cancel my bundle pre order at GameStop and use it to buy the Mario kart bundle instead (giving me two games now woo) I collected the 4 buttons (male player, KK slider, Tom Nook, and the hamster villager). I also got the New Leaf 3DS skin given to the first 100 people. I'm relieved I got there when I did, as the line is extraordinary now. It took me an hour and 10 minutes from the time 9:00 struck until I walked out! I would love to hear if others were there, I might have seen you.

Last edited:
I am so sorry I couldn't see anyone here that went but WOW...I got there like around 8:50ish and the line was super super long. Didn't get inside till 11:26. Though I did meet the cool lady that runs YaYacrossing :). Got tons of streetpass and have pics and a video I will share once I get thing fix. Was a cool day.

Check out the pictures at my tumblr(link in Sig), working on video while waiting on midnight might go up tonight or Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
Back