• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

lol, i got lazy and tried to skip to find the good parts. then i saw the other guy's post so I read that instead D: Wee, now waiting will be harder for meh D:

I'll be honest, I've never watched the video :|

If Animal Tracks has been confirmed to have been left out of this game, I can put it in for consideration on whether or not it surpasses the ultimate (in my own opinion) game Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Static, I saw it in the roundtable discussion or something, but this time with added subtitles. It explains so much ^^ Are we allowed to paste links? lol

oh here, just search this on youtube.

A developer roundtable for Animal Crossing 3DS

was just released :D

*reedit again*

just look on page 17, some guy posted video there :D

Just watched it :D i'm so excited now. thanks for mentioning it.

do you people not read stuff in previous pages?. I'm gonna marry this game all over again!

If Animal Tracks has been confirmed to have been left out of this game, I can put it in for consideration on whether or not it surpasses the ultimate (in my own opinion) game Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Honestly, there's nothing bad about Animal Paths, if you learn to use them. It's great

Honestly, there's nothing bad about Animal Paths, if you learn to use them. It's great
I hardly ever hate anything, well, I try not to, but I am really going to say that I just wasn't fond of Animal Tracks and it's a good job that I have Gold Roses and plenty of them as they are they ONLY reason that I still have at least 95% of my original grass.

The video said that the game is a little way out before its release, so does that mean we might see it coming out around this upcoming spring?

And on the topic of Animal Paths, I'm not sure if that's confirmed yet. Course I don't usually run around because I can get there by walking. Course I won't mind if it's there or not.

The video said that the game is a little way out before its release, so does that mean we might see it coming out around this upcoming spring?

And on the topic of Animal Paths, I'm not sure if that's confirmed yet. Course I don't usually run around because I can get there by walking. Course I won't mind if it's there or not.
I would mind if it was there as it kinda ruined my experience...

I don't thing anyone knows when the release date is because they didn't announce it yet.

I didn't like the animal tracks but its no deal breaker if it has it or not at this point I don't care.

I don't thing anyone knows when the release date is because they didn't announce it yet.

Course I said "....might see it....", so I'm not sure on the release date as anyone else. But the fact they said it's a little way out makes me think that it would come out pretty soon atleast before E3. Some misplaced optimism or something on my end.

I'm really embarrassed to ask this, since i've played all three games, but what exactly are Animal Tracks?

I'm really embarrassed to ask this, since i've played all three games, but what exactly are Animal Tracks?
Animal Tracks is the feature in Animal Crossing City Folk/Let's Go to the City that kills off your grass and can eventually turn your entire village into a desert.

No need to feel embarressed as there is no such thing as a weird question, I am one to ask crazy questions, but I don't get bothered if anyone calls me as I won't stoop to a silly person's level.

I just watched the interview video and I'm liking what they have so far.
The variation in animal height is great, that was something I always nitpicked about in the other games.

but has anyone heard anything about if there will be new or increased numbers of fish and insects?

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST FOR MORE IMAGES AS I CAN'T ADD ANYMORE TO THIS POST...
You might also wanna check out Post 116 and Post 167 (special thanks to Justin)

Since this was announced back in E3 2010, and again today at E3 2011, this is the official thread. It will be posted with confirmations, rumors, videos and images.

This website is useful.

Confirmed
  • You will be the Mayor.
  • Characters are taller than they have been in previous series.
  • Boys can wear pants and girls can wear skirts.
  • The Shovel and Bug net are confirmed.
  • Customizable houses.
  • Waterfalls will be back.
  • NPC houses.
  • Flowers will grow in groups of 4, Confirmed flower species are; Yellow Pansies/Tulips, White Pansies/Tulips/Roses, and Red Pansies/Tulips/Roses, this also may mean the watering can will return.
  • Fruit will be back, confirmed fruits are currently apples, coconuts, cherries, peaches, oranges and pears, Cedar trees will also return.
  • The Pave and Mushroom series will return, as well as the Mushroom festival.
  • Rocks and bugs will be included, as well as bushes.
  • Dirt will be back (this may also include 'Animal Paths').
  • Benches and Outdoor items such as Lamps will be included.
  • Houses look different.
  • New Mail Box + Clothes.
  • Weeds and Clovers will return, this most likely means Jacob's Ladders and Golden Watering-can will return.
  • Tents are returning and so are wharfs. Bee houses are also coming.
  • Seasons and Mushrooms will appear.
  • Nintendo themes items are confirmed (ie; The Legend of Zelda items).
  • Items can be placed on walls.
  • Windows in houses will appear.
  • Players can go swimming and presumably dive.
  • Characters can change shoes once again.
  • Villagers can sit on benches.
  • Coral/Shells will return.
  • There will be some dog-like character in your town at some stage.
  • It looks like Chimneys will emit smoke.
  • Fishing and Watering flowers will be back.
  • Train.
  • Clocks for outside decoration.
  • "players can not only customize the inside of their house but the outside, too" this could mean more than just the roof color.
  • Tom Nook will be back with a snazzy new look.
  • Ponds will be back.
  • Multiplayer.
  • Players can sit on tree stumps.
  • Swimming can be done during multiplayer.
  • It looks as if most features from the Gamecube version will be back.
  • Players can still fish when others are swimming.
  • Wells.
  • New music.
  • There is a cafe.
  • Gracie furniture.
  • Towns have two layers.
  • The dog like character is the "eager secretary".

Rumors
  • Your town will be like a peninsula or island.
  • Music from previous titles will appear.
  • More NPC's.
  • Animal paths.
  • More Holidays.
  • More items.
  • Customizable outside furniture.
  • Hybrids/Timer//Slingshot will return.
  • Your town is bigger.
  • More features.
  • Honey might be obtainable which could lead to new possibilities.
  • You can change the way furniture looks like that you but from Nook's (may be confirmed as seen in the trailer).
  • Bonfires.
  • Snowmen can be made as there is snow.
  • You can go to the city (possibly by walking).
  • There will be a cafe.

Confirmed Villagers
Curt, Bob, Punchy, Mac, Bill, Joey, Pompom, Bunnie, Gaston, Filbert, Pecan, Peanut, Nibbles, Static, Lily, Buck, Eager Secretary (Hisho)

2:22 - 2:29

3:51 - 3:56

E3screen1.png
E3screen2.png
E3screen3.png
E3screen4.png
E3screen5.png
E3screen6.png
E3screen0.png

3DS_AnimalCr_2_scrn02_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_1_scrn01_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_6_scrn12_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_5_scrn11_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_5_scrn10_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_5_scrn09_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_4_scrn07_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_4_scrn06_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_3_scrn05_E3.jpg
3DS_AnimalCr_3_scrn04_E3.jpg

3DS_AnimalCr_2_scrn03_E3.jpg

s7.jpg

beehive.png

beehive2.png

actown.png

I'll update when more stuff comes or if you think something is missing post here and I will add it.
If you all think about it very carefully, Animal Crossing first released in 2002 and since next year, 2012, will be the 10th Anniversary of the Animal Crossing series, they might be going back to Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube with Animal Crossing 3DS as there are a lot of things that have reappeared that were from the Nintendo Gamecube version and it might be like what SEGA has done with Sonic Generations.
This is, however, just my own opinion, but it is certainly looking to be correct.

If you all think about it very carefully, Animal Crossing first released in 2002 and since next year, 2012, will be the 10th Anniversary of the Animal Crossing series, they might be going back to Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube with Animal Crossing 3DS as there are a lot of things that have reappeared that were from the Nintendo Gamecube version and it might be like what SEGA has done with Sonic Generations.
This is, however, just my own opinion, but it is certainly looking to be correct.

Well the first Animal Crossing (animal forest) was released in 2001 so that would mean its 10th anniversary is this year. But 2002 was when it first came to the US... i think XD

Back