• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

My dream greeting would include Kitty, Freya, and Quetzal.

Please put Quetzal back in the game, Nintendo. I miss him so much.

I don't care who greets me, I just hope I don't get the same animal species twice. If I had to pick, I'd want Marina, Nate, and Pate to greet me.

I really want one of the new characters to greet me. That and I would absolutely love it if Bunnie or Dotty were to greet me too!

Did anyone see the new palm tree bananas from the English trailer?

Yes we've seen them in earlier Japanese videos as well.

I think it would be adorable to be greeted by 3 penguins or 3 chickens, and maybe 3 eagles, any other animal...just no.

Speaking of villagers, one of the things that I found irritating about previous Animal Crossing games was how quickly new villagers came in. Seriously, you'd get the maximum amount of villagers within a week. I hope it'll be, I dunno, maybe once a week at most. That would fit the slow-paced attitude a bit better in my opinion.

Did anyone see the new palm tree bananas from the English trailer?

Banana tree's have been shown in Japanese screenshots already

Speaking of villagers, one of the things that I found irritating about previous Animal Crossing games was how quickly new villagers came in. Seriously, you'd get the maximum amount of villagers within a week. I hope it'll be, I dunno, maybe once a week at most. That would fit the slow-paced attitude a bit better in my opinion.
I never had this problem. It usually takes a week or two for me to get a new villager :S

I never had this problem. It usually takes a week or two for me to get a new villager :S

Which game in particular? I've noticed it to be really quick in Animal Crossing: Wild World specifically.

About 3 days after I started my new village in Population growing I was getting one new villager a day. Now that my village is full to capacity I'm hoping someone moves out soon so I can get better villagers. Huggy's talked about moving since 2 days before the village filled up.

Oh my god, Huggy, if you don't like me that much leave please. xD

I'd sort of like a slower pace for villagers moving in. Though it's nice to see a new face every day, it was pretty unrealistic and now I'm just drifting through waiting for someone to vanish.

Which game in particular? I've noticed it to be really quick in Animal Crossing: Wild World specifically.

Yes in WW, it was way too quick, like every other day.
GC and CF was much better to where it was around every week or two.
I bet the animals will continue to give warnings when the move out like the did in CF

Oh my gosh that shooting star image IS pretty!

But what's going on with the bottom left side of the screen? It looks like something's gotten clipped away or something. I thought the only cliff area was around the beach but it looks like there's nothing by sky right there instead of ocean. Then again it's early and my eyes could probably just be seeing it weird...

That's not the beach, that's the pathway to the beach. :) That's probably why it looks like it is a cliff that stops with nothing but sky on the other side. ;)

Guys, I think I have some bad news... If you go on the official Japanese website in the Q&A section, translate it to English with Google, There's a part about voice chat. the answer says that voice chat is not supported.... NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!!!?!?!??! :'< What made them think it was a good idea to leave out voice chat!!?!?!

I imagine hardware capabilities. I agree, it's rather stupid that Nintendo still hasn't integrated such a thing into something they've been perfecting for years.

(also, this is rather irrelevant, but why are there 44 guests viewing this thread right now?)

Guys, I think I have some bad news... If you go on the official Japanese website in the Q&A section, translate it to English with Google, There's a part about voice chat. the answer says that voice chat is not supported.... NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!!!?!?!??! :'< What made them think it was a good idea to leave out voice chat!!?!?!
I have the feeling it has to do with detracting from the game's environmental feeling (such as interference with the music and sound effects, or even "echo"). Heroes of Ruin has voice chat, though, so I don't know. I think we can just set up a Ventrilo server/channel for voice chatting externally during play sessions.

I never really liked voice chat, people would scream and make loud noises, resulting in echoes and TV sound problems. But if I switched it off, I would miss out on conversations.

I like the original text chat.

Back to who I would love to be greeted by is either, Whitney, Pudge, Freckles, Rosie, Alfonso or that cute duck in the trailers.

Back