• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I never really liked voice chat, people would scream and make loud noises, resulting in echoes and TV sound problems. But if I switched it off, I would miss out on conversations.

I like the original text chat.

I see what your saying here, but they should make a headset or something. That would stop all echoes and other audio problems.

Eh. Not really worried about it. You can always Skype from your phone or computer and not have to worry about monthly charges for voicechat. It'll be ok :3

In a sense, voice chat breaks the fantasy life that Nintendo is going for. However, the top benefit of voice chat is that it's way more efficient than single-letter tapping, especially when you need to say something quickly. Hopefully they'll manage "stock" phrases well.

I'm not too bothered with no voice chat because the only time I used voice chat when I was trading Pokemon with someone. I just hope the text-chatting is more efficient.

I don't really mind a lack of voice chat. The only person I'd wanna chat via voice with is Agent Kite, and both of us have Skype so... :3 No problems.

When he is on the beach, all you had to do was talk to him and when he wakes up he gives you an item.
Personally, I hope it requires more to get the item or at least have it be rare appearences of Gulliver
Since swimming is enabled, you might have to find something or do something to see him... I dunno. :confused:

So according to Sumwheat on AC Community, in the preview booklet that's been floating around (the one that reveals the controls of the game, etc.), there is a section of the book where you can fill out your town information. One box allows you to list all of the villagers in your town. The other boxes are for fruit, establishments, and town tune. There are twelve spaces, which means the maximum number of villagers you can have in your town is 12. Good enough for me. :)

So according to Sumwheat on AC Community, in the preview booklet that's been floating around (the one that reveals the controls of the game, etc.), there is a section of the book where you can fill out your town information. One box allows you to list all of the villagers in your town. The other boxes are for fruit, establishments, and town tune. There are twelve spaces, which means the maximum number of villagers you can have in your town is 12. Good enough for me. :)

Sounds good, but what preview booklet? :confused:

Still need to decide if i'll spoiler myself or not when the release is there.

I've been pondering that, and I finally decided...yes.
I figured we have already seen so many of the introductions snip-bits, so just the part on the train and chores won't really make a difference to me since I already know the main part of what happens in the beginning.

I wonder if they will do something about the signs of the zodiac. I'm born on the 23rd of September, therefore I'm a virgo. But in Animal Crossing, they always stated that I would be a libra (which normally starts on September 24). When I answered that I'm not a libra, the villager asked me to re-type my date of birth.
It felt like a vicious cirle. .__.'

Last edited:
Back