• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Actually, my digital copy was having freezing issues that popped rather "frequently" since I formatted both of my SD Cards with Windows XP's tool. It took me a while to realize that I've done a big mistake, and resorted to a much better SD card formatting tool and being. And I got another freeze when visiting at someone else's town.
For some reason, playing online actually amplifies the crash rate when a SD card is poorly formatted or defective. The SD card gets a bigger load of accesses whenever someone enter/exit from an area, and that increases the probability of my game to eventually "lock-up". Ironically, it's a good way to know if your SD card is working well for a game that asks saving and loading quite often.
Also, since I was deactivating the SD card before pulling it away from my laptop, I haven't witnessed any freeze.

If you are going to opt for a digital version of the game, make sure you got a reliable SD Card and a great formatting tool. Otherwise, you'll experience a lot of freezes, especially when playing online for long hours. And whatever you do...
Don't... EVER... use... Windows XP's... formatting tool!

Last edited:
Is the SD card that comes in the 3DSxl considered reliable? What do I need a formatting tool for. Sorry I feel really dumb for asking this. I have no idea.

The one I'm currently using is included on every 3DS XL system. After I formatted with a proper software and safely removing it whenever I want to pull it out from my PC, it's reliable. Panasonic SD Formatter is among one of the better formatting tools. If you plan to use it, be sure you backup everything, then in the options set to "Full(Overwrite)" with Format Size Adjustment set to "On", and then you can start the formatting of your SD card.

The one I'm currently using is included on every 3DS XL system. After I formatted with a proper software and safely removing it whenever I want to pull it out from my PC, it's reliable. Panasonic SD Formatter is among one of the better formatting tools. If you plan to use it, be sure you backup everything, then in the options set to "Full(Overwrite)" with Format Size Adjustment set to "On", and then you can start the formatting of your SD card.

Was there a reason for the formatting? Or just a precaution?

I'm currently playing the digital version that came with the bundle without formatting the card. Essentially playing it straight out of the box. I wonder if there may be problems later on...

Well, if you're certain that you didn't formatted at all after you first opened it (providing that it isn't pre-owned), then I'm pretty sure that you won't get as many crashes as I did. Otherwise, it might be wise to do so.

Well, if you're certain that you didn't formatted at all after you first opened it (providing that it isn't pre-owned), then I'm pretty sure that you won't get as many crashes as I did. Otherwise, it might be wise to do so.

Nah it's brand spanking new. :) If I run into a problem, I'll format it post-haste. Until then, I'm off to testing it. My real town is on the physical cart anyway :)

Good to know. Thanks.

I guess they thought R-Parkers would have been considered racist outside of Japan. =p

The Re-tail name is eh.

I think it's more that it's harder to get the R. Parkers pun outside of Japan. You can't get R. Parkers out of the word "alpacas" unless you say it with a Japanese accent.

I think it's more that it's harder to get the R. Parkers pun outside of Japan. You can't get R. Parkers out of the word "alpacas" unless you say it with a Japanese accent.

True. Though I was being sarcastic. lol

I'm not a fan of the "Re-Tail" thing. It's kind of funny, but it probably would have been better as "Al Packers" or something.

It's going to be weird seeing them not as R-parkers, I thought the text looked weird in English too as I'd been watching so much in Japanese.

True. Though I was being sarcastic. lol

I'm not a fan of the "Re-Tail" thing. It's kind of funny, but it probably would have been better as "Al Packers" or something.

But it was sort of meant to start with R so to sound like "Re" as in Redo, and so the R could be the alpaca head on the sign.

This deserves it's own post, don't care I'm double posting.

This.
tumblr_inline_mi92t3VoSh1qz4rgp.png

neighbor
tumblr_inline_mi92tfRgB31qz4rgp.png

is a flipping
tumblr_inline_mi92tysMls1qz4rgp.png

DRAGON. =O
tumblr_inline_mi92ycHil81qz4rgp.png

I bought a guide this week as I got a bonus and well... I'm a geek.

That dragon's Japanese name is "E-to" which is like calling him "Umm" in English. He's technically under the crocodile set but then so's the Unicorn is also held under a horse. I really hope I can get him to move in along with the unicorn. ^w^

(My camera took it a little big so I hid his profile picture in the spoiler.)
DSC00011.jpg
He's a lazy type, birthday Feb 12th, starting top is a Dragon suit.

I bought a guide this week as I got a bonus and well... I'm a geek.

That dragon's Japanese name is "E-to" which is like calling him "Umm" in English. He's technically under the crocodile set but then so's the Unicorn is also held under a horse. I really hope I can get him to move in along with the unicorn. ^w^

(My camera took it a little big so I hid his profile picture in the spoiler.)
He's a lazy type, birthday Feb 12th, starting top is a Dragon suit.

Actually the dragons name is Tatsuo
E-to is his default catchphrase, which means 'umm...'

Oops, I read it wrong. E-to is his end of sentence. :confused: His name is Tatsuo.

What makes him even more awesome is that his starter shirt is the one that looks like Bruce Lee's jumpsuit. (There are bottoms that match to that top too.)

Back