• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I agree with you man. I mean that thread is 1: hard to find and 2: outdated.

EXACTLY THIS!!! You cannot expect every person to have read every thread, there is no need to get rude with people just because they mention something that YOU knew months ago because of an old thread. (And I am not targeting just the person that responded to this thread, Im talking all the people who do it when people post something "old") Some people don't spend every day on here checking every post, nor do they have time to look through hundreds of pages to find that exact bit....I mean come ON! A friendly, "yes I, along with some others noticed this...you can check out (link to old thread) where it was originally discussed for more details" would have sufficed. I love frequenting this thread for information but one thing I do not like is how rude people are if you post ONE bit of info that they already knew or was posted 6 months ago. I love coming here for information, but the snappiness and stuff is really a mood-killer. All this I shouldn't be "scared" to post a thread about something for fear of this type of uncalled for rudeness and being made to look stupid.

I agree. The exact reason I won't create a thread, and just lurk most of the time... People, especially on the internet, can be real butts sometimes. Easy to do when you can't see the person you're hurting.

EXACTLY THIS!!! You cannot expect every person to have read every thread, there is no need to get rude with people just because they mention something that YOU knew months ago because of an old thread. (And I am not targeting just the person that responded to this thread, Im talking all the people who do it when people post something "old") Some people don't spend every day on here checking every post, nor do they have time to look through hundreds of pages to find that exact bit....I mean come ON! A friendly, "yes I, along with some others noticed this...you can check out (link to old thread) where it was originally discussed for more details" would have sufficed. I love frequenting this thread for information but one thing I do not like is how rude people are if you post ONE bit of info that they already knew or was posted 6 months ago. I love coming here for information, but the snappiness and stuff is really a mood-killer. All this I shouldn't be "scared" to post a thread about something for fear of this type of uncalled for rudeness and being made to look stupid.

I agree. The exact reason I won't create a thread, and just lurk most of the time... People, especially on the internet, can be real butts sometimes. Easy to do when you can't see the person you're hurting.

I agree with everyone who is saying this. This forum is controlled by moderators who do their job properly, and not too drastically with harsh words and signs. People who try to be like moderators actually don't think properly and say hurtful things to the user. These people should be reported. There's many people here who think they can control the place. Moderators can do the job.

Can we please get back to AC:NL related stuff? I mean seriously there is one comment that people see as "rude" and they all of a sudden rage and get off track.

Okay, so what are the benefits of being a VIP in the HRA?

So, moving off of that tangent...

Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet but my Shampoodle's has started selling boy hair styles as well as girl's. So my girl character can get a boy's style. I can see some wonderful cross dressing now.

Oh, good, so we can do that.

Does anyone know if there is anything unusual in the Korean versions of the game that weren't in the Japanese versions?

I'm just wondering since they can have holidays different between regions, what if they also had villagers different between regions and you had to connect for them to be unlocked in your game. (like the monkeys in wild world) Has there been anything like that around?

[...]
Okay, so what are the benefits of being a VIP in the HRA?

If you get high scores while being a VIP member in HHA, you will be able to decorate your house in gold. There's a roof, wall, door, fences and mailbox.

If there a post that you feel to be rude, report it. A member of staff will see to dealing with it.

Penguin, there was no need to be so critical over a new thread. It happens a lot. With how some users are, bumping an older thread can result in the same kind of attitude.

If there a post that you feel to be rude, report it. A member of staff will see to dealing with it.

Penguin, there was no need to be so critical over a new thread. It happens a lot. With how some users are, bumping an older thread can result in the same kind of attitude.
My apologies.

Anyway, that golden house exterior stuff sounds neat, but too much gold!

So, moving off of that tangent...

Oh, good, so we can do that.
I'm not sure what the unlocking ability for that is though it has been 2 months since Shampoodle has opened and I haven't used it for a while but I have been buying the odd accessory.

She'll ask a new question when you sit down in the chair first if you want to have a girl's style or boy's.

The 11th saw the carnival festival and that wonderful Peacock who sure can dance. I found it really hard to play the three games. Paper, Scissors, stone was all by chance and so was the "This way or that" game where you have to choose the direction, if you get the same as the villager you win. The third game was a type of charades with a riddle. So something like "It's cold *Shivers*.... then it's hot *angry face* what is it?" Followed by multiple choice. I think this might be easier in English for me as in Japanese there were so many words I don't know yet.

I found the feather quest hard and a bit broken. One time I handed in feathers but they weren't taken and I had to hand them in again and I got the same item. I did get so many of the same item that I gave up at 11pm last night and I don't know if I got a full set. There doesn't seem to be any order to it and it's just random.

HNI_0061.JPG
Coco sure suits this look though.
HNI_0065.JPG
Swapping feathers was also an option. Juri here totally wants my white feather. (I love his shocked face.)
HNI_0069.JPG
The Peacock sure looks cool at night. So sparkly.

Well, if you have 11 different furnitures, a carpet and a wallpaper, then you have completed the Pav? Series. What I did to obtain all of them is by obtaining feathers scattered throughout my town and asked villagers to trade for the right ones. When they ask me to play games, I simply refuse on doing that, as they waste more of my time than it actually worth. Oh, and a rainbow feather means a free Pav? furniture!
Having some friends to collect things render this task a bit faster and less boring, especially considering you can swap duplicates and feathers easily. Every time a player manages to gather 3 of the asked feathers, Pav? will switch colors before you actually come back.

I think the name is Bellarina or something and it's a girl in the Japanese version..like a reverse Gracie..

Isn't his name still Pave? And yeah, it probably will be XD
His name is still Pave (why would they change it?)
Actually I can't say whether or not he's going to be called Pave in the english version - but why would it change; his name is the same as it was in CF so it should be the same in english

I think the name is Bellarina or something and it's a girl in the Japanese version..like a reverse Gracie..
Name is Japanese is Bereriina so Bellarina is correct. He is male in the Japanese version and female in the english version (though I never saw him as female in the Wii so I still say he's male)

I mean, even if they label him as female, he's a peacock and only male peacocks look like that, so if they want to make him female they have to change his look entirely... so he's male in both games regardless of what Nintendo labels.

I was actually talking about the quiz that the villagers give. I got confused when I had the multiple choice as there were a lot of words I didn't know. When I knew the words it was easy enough, but still a bit tricky for kids.

Peacocks in real life, it's only the male that have those feathers and the female is a brown colour and called a peahen. So I would do the same and always think of Pave or Bellarina as a male. (I mean isn't Pave the more male sounding name while Bellarina isn't...)

Juri's shocked face is awesome, he's usually got his eyes closed though so for those guys that want the unicorn you shouldn't worry too much about the zombie face. I sort of really like it.

When I was half way through collecting feathers if I stopped and had to save and reload the colour would always change. So I had to run up and check each time. It also helped with hiding the feathers in letters as the villagers if they win a game will take your feathers instead of giving you one. You can drop them on the ground as well, you can see the dropped feathers in one of my previous pics.

I checked and I missed the bed and the small table. I got 10 wallpapers though which shows I was trying.

Back