• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but in the City Folk segment of the US Nintendo Direct, they talked to one of the characters in the Happy Home town, revealing a town name (Treehaus), which is 8 characters long.
zkYSOMJ.png

Doubt they would have spelled it like that had the limit been 9 or 10 characters, so I guess it's safe to assume that the town name limit is 8 characters.

you mean New Leaf?
and the limit has always been 8 characters hasn't it?

Yeah, but we were hoping it to be 9-10 characters long. My full name has nine letters in it, so I always have to shorten it to a nickname :/

Pete is giving out the Campus DLC. :D I got the notebook closet from him.

It costs just over 2000 bells to remake the closet, which is expensive when compared to most other items.

Last edited:
That's so cool that you can remodel DLC furniture! Is it possible with all of them or just the closet?
Only the closet, couch, bed, and dot liner (not sure if it's a display piece or if it does anything) can be remade. :)

I don't like the campus DLC but its good that it can be ordered since i'd want its record and if I ever want to use it I can simply order

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but in the New Leaf segment of the US Nintendo Direct, they talked to one of the characters in the Happy Home town, revealing a town name (Treehaus), which is 8 characters long.
zkYSOMJ.png

Doubt they would have spelled it like that had the limit been 9 or 10 characters, so I guess it's safe to assume that the town name limit is 8 characters.

Indeed, since Nintendo of America's localization team is known as Nintendo Treehouse.

i still have like 25k blocks left on my xl and if i cant get the physical copy on release day, ill just download it

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I did catch an owl perched on the town bulletin board while it was snowing on Zed's video. It was a small white owl "hoo"-ing and I thought it was a neat addition!

Is the owl the night-time version of the bird that appears on the billboard?

I really like little touches like that. I also really like owls. xD

Back