• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

The funny thing is, when you wear a skirt, your character (regardless of their gender) will run with the hands up. When I tried it with my male character, I laughed at it. xD

Depends of what bottom you wear, regardless of your gender. Wear a pant and you'll run normally. Wear a skirt (or dresses, I believe?) and you'll run like a girl with the hands up.

I probably will never wear pants in the game. Too used to wearing the girl clothes from the older games.

It's odd. I hate wearing anything but yoga pants in real life but give me the option to wear pants in a game and I'll laugh at you and put on a skirt.

I probably will never wear pants in the game. Too used to wearing the girl clothes from the older games.

It's odd. I hate wearing anything but yoga pants in real life but give me the option to wear pants in a game and I'll laugh at you and put on a skirt.

You are the opposite of my sister! She hates dresses IRL though she doesn't play AC at all.

I've only seen the running with the hands up thing in Japan. Have never seen it anywhere else. It's only women who do it, so that's probably why it's a skirt/dress thing in NL. They don't always do it though. In fact, I rarely see it. When I first moved to Japan, I thought that was some goofy anime stereotype that's not in the real world, because girls in anime do it all the time. Not true. I admittedly stared in shock when I saw a Japanese woman run by me like that with her arms up one time maybe 2 months after I got here. I was like O_O

It is weird they bothered to put that separate animation in AC though.

I've only seen the running with the hands up thing in Japan.

I uhm...

I run like that. o_o; I live in the United States. Granted, it's probably because I watched anime growing up, but unless I was running in gym glass, I run like the girl characters in animal crossing.

I just noticed I do this the other day, too. So it's not something I've been doing on purpose. ;-; I'm weird...

Oddly enough, I run like the stereotypical ninja, with arms back and all. XD. I'm still really slow though, so I look dumb. I'm not sure why I do it.

Blushingangels, don't go around calling people names just from something they enjoy. The attitude isn't necessary either.

I'm weeby and I'm proud!
---
I've actually been craving the gamecube version recently. I might try to find a used copy and play that for a couple months to hold me over before NL comes out. I could try to borrow it from my sister, but she's pretty forgetful.

Heh, I still have my copy of Animal Crossing: Population Growing that I bought waaaay back when. My brother borrowed it from me before I started a new town. It had a bit of faint scratches on it when I found it. In the wrong case.

...Let's just say he's never allowed to touch the precious again.

I do still have Population Growing, but don't really play it. I've been using it consult my old patterns and plan to do so again when the game does come out.

I have the GC version but ever since my remote ran out of batteries, I stopped playing. Why do they have to take AAA batteries, no one keeps those handy. D:

I really need to update this.. I know I keep saying this but I seriously don't have time... fml

I found a picture of a tadpole

tumblr_mizl17KvY21rl2701o2_400.jpg

I found a picture of nightmares.

tumblr_mj0g5y30BB1rl2701o2_400.jpg

lol nah. it's actually a spider crab.

edit: if anyone hasn't checked the guide yet, you gotta dive to get this beast.

Back