• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Does anyone know if you can delete the first bridge? Once you have others

Yes you can, but building a bridge counts as one of your 30 Public works projects, and the first bridge doesn't count as one. So it helps marginally if you keep it.

I'm not sure if it lets you delete a bridge if you only have 2 though, I have a feeling once you have 1 built you are forced to keep 2 of them. As I've not seen any proof that you can go back to only have 1 bridge. :/

Yes you can, but building a bridge counts as one of your 30 Public works projects, and the first bridge doesn't count as one. So it helps marginally if you keep it.

I'm not sure if it lets you delete a bridge if you only have 2 though, I have a feeling once you have 1 built you are forced to keep 2 of them. As I've not seen any proof that you can go back to only have 1 bridge. :/

Thanks! :)

In case anyone doesn't know, popping balloons with your net does count towards getting a silver/gold slingshot.

...I now have two silver slinghots and I never got a normal one. <.<;

In case anyone doesn't know, popping balloons with your net does count towards getting a silver/gold slingshot.

I didn't know this, thanks for the heads up :) Popped two today with my net

That's handy! Shame all my balloons were blowing to the East today and my beach is the otherside. Did manage to get any. D:

I have a brilliant titbit to offer for those awaiting to receive their copies of NL if they haven't already.

When you manage to unlock the Island, you can get two (from personal experience) fruits.
The fruit that you find on the island itself and fruit that you find when you play minigames.

When you're playing a minigame, say Bug Hunting or some other, you'll notice trees with a particular fruit.
Since the time for beginners is five minutes, you have enough time to collect a few of the fruit and once the game is over, you'll find that the fruit is still in your Items.

This is the only way other than to get the other fruits thus far.
I don't think you can take fruit from the games where you collect them so don't hold me on that.

Anyway, I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone.

I have a brilliant titbit to offer for those awaiting to receive their copies of NL if they haven't already.

When you manage to unlock the Island, you can get two (from personal experience) fruits.
The fruit that you find on the island itself and fruit that you find when you play minigames.

When you're playing a minigame, say Bug Hunting or some other, you'll notice trees with a particular fruit.
Since the time for beginners is five minutes, you have enough time to collect a few of the fruit and once the game is over, you'll find that the fruit is still in your Items.

This is the only way other than to get the other fruits thus far.
I don't think you can take fruit from the games where you collect them so don't hold me on that.

Anyway, I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone.

This is news to me :) Thanks for sharing, I will check it out when I have island access :D

I'm doing this, and I also collect the flowers in the butterfly catching minigame. Now my town has lots of new flowers. I love the lilies, they're so pretty, I think they're my favorite flowers now. :D

This is probably really obvious but I was just wondering do you still get free tools during the Bug-Off/Fish-Off events from the animal who is judging it?

I'm pretty sure you could get a free fishing rod or net in City Folk if you didn't have one. I just got NL today and there was no net in Nooklings and Isabelle won't give me one either and I'll need a net for the Bug-Off tomorrow if theres none in the shop. :p

I was just watching a Livestream of New Leaf, and the streamer got Katrina to read 20 fortunes...

This is kinda a suggestion, but don't get your fortune read, until you reach 19 fortunes read in your town, including visitors visiting your town.

I was just watching a Livestream of New Leaf, and the streamer got Katrina to read 20 fortunes...

This is kinda a suggestion, but don't get your fortune read, until you reach 19 fortunes read in your town, including visitors visiting your town.

Can't see what the advantage would be here... But wouldn't it work if you just made a new character on the day of the 20th visit and had them be the 20th fortune?

What does the campsite do?

Allows you to interact with other villagers that aren't living in your town. You can play games with them to win furniture and other stuff. Also, you can convince them to move in if you have room, so in a way you can pick a villager(s).

Back