• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

@Blue Yes I already know of that well, but I was wondering if there was something more grand available as well. A fountain kind of thing. I've always wanted to be able to sit on the fountain in City Folk, too! ;-;

yo yo added Sams scan thread to the first post so ya'll can go back and check on them whenever x

I'm pretty interested to see how they implement the new Fish/Bug sizing system. Seems obvious that it would factor into events like contests and the like, but those already implemented a superficial sizing system, so there must be a some other functionality. I would say the museum would seem like a likely candidate, but it just seems...odd. Don't know how donating a fish of different size would have any worthwhile payoff in the display. Just interested to see what becomes of it...

I'm pretty interested to see how they implement the new Fish/Bug sizing system. Seems obvious that it would factor into events like contests and the like, but those already implemented a superficial sizing system, so there must be a some other functionality. I would say the museum would seem like a likely candidate, but it just seems...odd. Don't know how donating a fish of different size would have any worthwhile payoff in the display. Just interested to see what becomes of it...

I think there was something mentioned about the museum and sizes of bugs/fish...correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm recalling:
If you donate a bug/fish that is (for example) 36 inches, but then catch that same species and have it be 37 or higher, you can donate that to the museum. Your record will be topped and they'll accept the donation of the larger catch. Kind of like the fishing mini game in OOT. :p

might just be me making things up, but i swear i read this somewhere x.x
makes sense, though !

It's probably been said and I didn't even see it. :p Anyhow, that'd definitely add even more replayability for fishing, but it still just seems like there would be some other, more social way to make use of it. Maybe a board you can have built in your town that compares your recent catches to your friends' best records...now i'm just being wanty and selfish I think haha.

some new yet old scans.

tumblr_mamm10SL141qbe7n1o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mamm10SL141qbe7n1o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mamm10SL141qbe7n1o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mamm10SL141qbe7n1o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mamm10SL141qbe7n1o2_1280.jpg

Thanks for those :)

no worries, just keeping everybody informed.

Anyways... more news that I found:

- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

-New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
-New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
-New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
-Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
-Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.
-Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
-Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
-Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
-Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
-Start the game off in a tent.
-Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Source : this thread

Don't know where the sudden translation came from but I'm guessing it's from the recent famitsu article. Is it TGS today? Everybody should stay alert to see if there are any news and gameplay of ac3ds. Cheers.

P.S. There are ALOT of new personalities (brisk, mature, smug, lively)... there seems to be like a huge bombshell of new features... I don't think I can handle all this awesomeness. AND NEW FLOWERS!!!! I just knew it would happen x)

Last edited:
I think the fish sizes will also be implemented in so you don't have to take the fish to the fish tourney host just to find out you are a bit short and have to read through all the dialogue. You can know right off the bat(though there is still the risk of a villager catching a bigger one within that time)

Labelle is back! YAY! I wonder if she will run GracieGrace again, and that thing about the police station sounds really neat, I want the one with Booker though, I never have liked Copper.

Nice work bidoof, did anyone else notice on scan 4 in the september scans that the grass looks worn down in some of the shots :(

-Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.

***** if u not in my shop I have u fired

anyway thanks for this i'll add it to the first post :)

Nice work bidoof, did anyone else notice on scan 4 in the september scans that the grass looks worn down in some of the shots :(

ya noticed this too i dont mind though i know a lot of people hate animal tracks but i really dont mind that much

I agree with Superpenguin. I suggest that the sizes are only for the fishing-tournament, so that you know if you caught the biggest one immediately after catching. I don't see why (and how) there should be another way to make use of it.
:)

So many personalities... News about this game doesn't come too often, but when it does, it blows my mind!

I'm not sure, but I think I saw a girl with auburn hair. I like that their adding new hair colors. Especially red. I've always wanted my character to have red hair.

YOU CAN HAVE ICE CREAM I WAS SO RIGHT!!! XD But I guess you plant the tree which makes sense because your town flag when you start off is a huge tree so I guess it now finally makes sense! I like how you plant the tree and it's probably in the center of your town. I love the picnics!!!! Love the cherry blossoms! I love the octopus who is a dessert and will be my older bros best friend because their birthdays are a day apart! I love how there is a new octopus!!! I really want the deer in my town <3 I love how the personalities are much deeper then before (got this info on Justin's blog I look at it every day) and most of all I love how as soon as you think the game can't get any better it just does! I also love how the news updates are so frequent even if they are Japanese xD

Back