• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

New hair style too! And the red hair is awesome! Brewster looks so manly xD O.O happy home academy? Aghhhh so much info not enough memory!

no worries, just keeping everybody informed.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

You can get funds from villagers!?! I remember one person mentioning that they would like it if villagers payed tax, but then everyone said that we should earn our own money ourselves - Looks like Nintendo is saying 'sorry' with all those years of giving money to the town fund when no other villager did. Guess what, you're FULLY forgiven! I think Villagers give you funds when you are being a good mayor or even just friends with the villagers. I wonder how much they would fund you? This is the information from the scans right? Or is this what people think is going to happen?

With the big tree thing, as it says it grows as your town does. Does that mean putting and developing your town with 'furniture' outside and completing mayor duties, or does it mean 'completing' the game? - Fish, bugs, fossils, etc. I think it might be the first one, but does everyone want to plaster their town and it's beauty with man made items? Well, actually... Do I?

I'm gone for a few days and all this stuff pops up.

So on both accounts, Bidoof and myself were correct on the icecream and coffee, you get to hold and eat/drink them.
I am much more interested in the new personalities though, what all has been confirmed?

You can get funds from villagers!?! I remember one person mentioning that they would like it if villagers payed tax, but then everyone said that we should earn our own money ourselves - Looks like Nintendo is saying 'sorry' with all those years of giving money to the town fund when no other villager did. Guess what, you're FULLY forgiven! I think Villagers give you funds when you are being a good mayor or even just friends with the villagers. I wonder how much they would fund you? This is the information from the scans right? Or is this what people think is going to happen?

With the big tree thing, as it says it grows as your town does. Does that mean putting and developing your town with 'furniture' outside and completing mayor duties, or does it mean 'completing' the game? - Fish, bugs, fossils, etc. I think it might be the first one, but does everyone want to plaster their town and it's beauty with man made items? Well, actually... Do I?

Not sure how funds work but your point might be leaning more towards it. Maybe it could be a weekly thing where all villagers have to contribute 500 bells each (that might seem like a lot but most item prices have inflated so 500 bells is practically nothing). And maybe you get funds from villagers by working on their requests and tasks much like delivering their mails and presents but there would probably be tasks more mayor-like (perhaps planting a certain fruit tree or a certain outdoor facility like the jungle gym).

About the big tree I'm pretty sure it leans more towards your activities as the mayor. It probably depends on how many buildings you have built outside both activities and npc buildings. I don't think it depends on the amount of collecting you do because that is more of the staple of the game. So yeah it probably depends on how well you are the mayor (but who knows what a good mayor really is... hopefully they can explain that in the exclusive nintendo direct).

P.S. I don't know if anybody is wondering but the game is printing atm (on the japanese website) so that means the game is 100% finished, done and dusted. Now all that's to it are the promotions, commercials and articles. Cheers to that!

At first I didn't like the taxing idea, but now I really kinda like it
As for the tree thing, remember a while ago when they said "you can play as mayor but you can ignore that part of the game if you want to" if you ignore being mayor the tree grows i'm thinking. I do think the tree grows with the more mayor duties you perform

@gallows: Umm Unique posted it on the previous page and it's linked on the first post under the "notes" section

@thread: hoping there is more than 1 species of new flowers. I'm hoping for at least 3 new species.

oh and these dont look familiar to me or they are larger images of the scans
Thinking.PNG

Space%20House.PNG

Hamsterrr.PNG

At first I didn't like the taxing idea, but now I really kinda like it
As for the tree thing, remember a while ago when they said "you can play as mayor but you can ignore that part of the game if you want to" if you ignore being mayor the tree grows i'm thinking. I do think the tree grows with the more mayor duties you perform

@gallows: Umm Unique posted it on the previous page and it's linked on the first post under the "notes" section

@thread: hoping there is more than 1 species of new flowers. I'm hoping for at least 3 new species.

oh and these dont look familiar to me or they are larger images of the scans
Thinking.PNG

Space%20House.PNG

Hamsterrr.PNG

they look new to me too, though im not so good at those things XD
and for the tax thing, i dont mind it as long as the funds go towards your town and not into your own pocket, especially since it looks like most of the stuff looks expensive and we dont really need more money for ourselves i think

Does "accessory corner" now mean like a separate section or something?

Does "accessory corner" now mean like a separate section or something?

Yeah I think so, it's probably just like the whole flower shop with Nook's, it's connected but it's a separate building. Everyone's first guess will probably be Labelle runs it, but then Gracie will have to run her store herself or hire new workers.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mape6tGMhP1r5kyvmo1_1280.jpg
Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, you get a clearer pic of the bonfire(really just the indoor one outdoors) a log bench outdoors, and it shows Tortimer though the pictures are showing him from ACGC, but they must have a mention of him for AC3DS in there.

Nice find! A better look at some screens we hadn't seen very clearly. I wonder if the thing to the right of the bonfire is just a flower bed or something else. It's been seen in a couple of scans, but I still can't completely make it out.

Nice find! A better look at some screens we hadn't seen very clearly. I wonder if the thing to the right of the bonfire is just a flower bed or something else. It's been seen in a couple of scans, but I still can't completely make it out.
I think it's suppsoed to be the dump from ACGC, you just can't go in it because of the sign in the way, it will just be for decoration, that's what I think.

I think it's suppsoed to be the dump from ACGC, you just can't go in it because of the sign in the way, it will just be for decoration, that's what I think.

Huh, hadn't thought of that one. I'm totally cool with some returning themes from ACGC, I just hope that it is somewhat functional. There's really not much in the way of interactable town decorations. It'd stink to have a dump you couldn't use, useless as a functional dump may be haha. :p

I noticed the whole bridge building process is shown. You select the bridge, go through the rundown with shizu, go to th eplace you want the bridge, put the money to it, the bridge is built and everyone comes to celebrate on it(hoping it doesn't collapse)

This wasn't translated, it's just my description of the arrowed path of the pictures.

And I doubt this will be with every decoration, it would get annoying to have celebrations for every bench and every photo stand you place.

I noticed the whole bridge building process is shown. You select the bridge, go through the rundown with shizu, go to th eplace you want the bridge, put the money to it, the bridge is built and everyone comes to celebrate on it(hoping it doesn't collapse)

This wasn't translated, it's just my description of the arrowed path of the pictures.

And I doubt this will be with every decoration, it would get annoying to have celebrations for every bench and every photo stand you place.
Yeah, I saw that thing with the new deco that was being placed.

Hopefully it will be tad easier to get bells, as we need to spend a lot o.o

Back