• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

You know the Tortimer bit? It looks to me that there is a picture of him in the old game, a picture of him as a 'younger' turtle and a picture of him with a beard, a bowtie and a walking stick. Maybe he comes into the game as an elder turtle (older than he was)

Yeah, I saw that thing with the new deco that was being placed.

Hopefully it will be tad easier to get bells, as we need to spend a lot o.o
I hope it stays the same. After paying off my loan, my bank account gets at the very least 1 million bells added to it every month, summer months definitely get more. and 1 million bells can furnish a good portion of my town.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mape6tGMhP1r5kyvmo1_1280.jpg
Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, you get a clearer pic of the bonfire(really just the indoor one outdoors) a log bench outdoors, and it shows Tortimer though the pictures are showing him from ACGC, but they must have a mention of him for AC3DS in there.

ohs you beat me to it lol. What do you think is that thing next to the bonfire? I keep looking at it like it's some sort of fenced off garden. There's no screenshots of the beach yet... I really want to see that... I think that is the cream of the cake atm. The swimming and all that stuff so I'm thinking that will most likely be showcased in the nintendo direct. Doesn't seem like bushes are coming back... I'm really certain now that they removed it... maybe it just didn't work. Or well.. time will tell.

What do you think is that thing next to the bonfire? I keep looking at it like it's some sort of fenced off garden.
I've been wondering that too! But after looking at it for a while, it kind of looks like a pile of something to me. o_O

And someone from another forum was able to get her mom to translate the bottom stuff about Tortimer. Apparently the translation says Tortimer has retired but is now in charge of lighting the lighthouse in your town! I'm so glad that Tortimer is still in the game! I was sad when I first heard he wasn't!

ohs you beat me to it lol. What do you think is that thing next to the bonfire? I keep looking at it like it's some sort of fenced off garden. There's no screenshots of the beach yet... I really want to see that... I think that is the cream of the cake atm. The swimming and all that stuff so I'm thinking that will most likely be showcased in the nintendo direct. Doesn't seem like bushes are coming back... I'm really certain now that they removed it... maybe it just didn't work. Or well.. time will tell.

i really hope they didnt remove them
ill be really sad if they did i was excited for them

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mape6tGMhP1r5kyvmo1_1280.jpg
Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, you get a clearer pic of the bonfire(really just the indoor one outdoors) a log bench outdoors, and it shows Tortimer though the pictures are showing him from ACGC, but they must have a mention of him for AC3DS in there.

Thank you!
Really hope the Yoshi Egg makes it into the game

also, if you find me a high-res screen snap of the scan i'll happily translate it :)

Oh god... I do finally know what that thing was... a bonfire! And the same picture on the smaller scan looked like a burning house with the river next to it. :D

And wow @Superpenguin, because I never had a million bells! It was very easy for me to get the house paid off, and I always thought that I had a lot money because I'm a Pro in fishing and catching the rare bugs, but still, I've never had a million bells... maybe I donate and buy too much... :confused: haha.

Last edited:
At the scan before the bridge celebration, i can see a character with some kind of workers hat on, and he/she looks way smallerthen Shizue any thoughts?
Anyways, i am so glad that Tortimer will stay in the game, i will place a lighthouse just for HIM! <3 :blush:

K.K. Guitar said:
Anyways, i am so glad that Tortimer will stay in the game, i will place a lighthouse just for HIM! <3

Huh? That was never confirmed. The pictures of Tortimer only show who used to be the mayor in previous games. The in-game screenshot with Tortimer was taken from the Gamecube-Version. You can see that when looking at the boy's hat and hair.
ALL the screenshots in the blue boxes are taken from former AC-games to show the differences to the new game.

Well, I still don't believe that Tortimer will be in the game. They would have placed an in-3DS-game photo of him if that was the case.

Last edited:
At the scan before the bridge celebration, i can see a character with some kind of workers hat on, and he/she looks way smallerthen Shizue any thoughts?
Anyways, i am so glad that Tortimer will stay in the game, i will place a lighthouse just for HIM! <3 :blush:

I'm pretty sure it's just a villager cause it looks like a penguin.

Huh? That was never confirmed. The pictures of Tortimer only show who used to be the mayor in previous games. The in-game screenshot with Tortimer was taken from the Gamecube-Version. You can see that when looking at the boy's hat and hair.
ALL the screenshots in the blue boxes are taken from former AC-games to show the differences to the new game.

Well, I still don't believe that Tortimer will be in the game. They would have placed an in-3DS-game photo of him if that was the case.
Somewhere in this thread someone said that a person had translated it into something like: ''Tortimer is retired, but he will now run the lighthouse'' but i don't know if thats a reliable source, But hey, one can only dream... :rolleyes:

He will return in the game if you had been reading the previous posts. Somebody was kind enough to translate the section with Tortimer and said that he will be retired now and will run the lighthouse in the town.

I've been wondering that too! But after looking at it for a while, it kind of looks like a pile of something to me. o_O

And someone from another forum was able to get her mom to translate the bottom stuff about Tortimer. Apparently the translation says Tortimer has retired but is now in charge of lighting the lighthouse in your town! I'm so glad that Tortimer is still in the game! I was sad when I first heard he wasn't!

What's the source? Did he translate more or just that one information?

did anyone translate the other half with the yoshi egg?

No, but I am sure it is just talking about how you can now place way more decorations then the few mario themed items in the Japan only game and a lighthouse/windmill in City Folk.

I'm glad Tortimer's in the the game. I honestly always thought he would be. It would be dumb to cut out such a good character just because he couldn't be mayor. Perhaps he and Gulliver could have a confrontation because Tortimer fell asleep instead of turning on the lighthouse.

Back