• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Okay. Here is another detailed look at some things from the latest video. Some of the spoilers are pretty big, so don't go opening them all at once. lol

So here are some pictures of flowers.
8lCDq.png

321O8.png

kcN1C.png

I want to point out the fifth little bud growing on some of the flowers. Maybe there is some sort of way to grow bunches of five flowers if you take care of them a certain way. Also, as far as I can tell those new flowers are orchids. Lastly, the greyed out flowers. I can't tell for sure if those are wilted, or if they're a new color of flowers..

PYqyp.png

vEPLJ.png

These are very interesting. It shows an area where a neighbor or visitor will be placing a tent, which has returned from the GC AC.

9QO7E.png

In this shot, the player talked to this bear neighbor and convinced them to buy the bed that was previously on the display.

Rm0L4.png

Brewster's sign outside of the cafe. Nothing fancy, I just thought it looked cool. He also has a gyroid inside of a flower pot on the other corner, but I couldn't get both in the same screenshot.

wdt3U.jpg

This I really like. This is the main area outside of the model home display. Your registered friends/streetpass people show up here and give you items. In the video, the boy gave the player an icecream and further on another gave the player a pinwheel. Not sure if it's random or if your friend has to set it. Very nice feature though.

zbtgi.jpg

The museum store. The signs are custom made through designs, and the rooms lead to rooms that you design yourself. Like the model room display, except that you can go in any time and change things around. In the store itself it seems that you can buy the silver net, and wallpaper.

1Qy2X.jpg

Nook's new store. Pretty obvious stuff, he sells individual house pieces and a single whole set in the corner. Lyle is probably running the HRA.

vPNrh.png

Now, I know it's pretty common for houses to spawn close to each other, but this is perfect. So I'm going to say that you get to place houses or move houses to wherever you want.

SBaWO.jpg

Starting off with this. This made me very, very happy. Kapp'n singing shanties in a boat.

Sguv2.jpg

K.K. Slider plays at Club 444 on certain days. Club 444 is also where Shrunk performs his stuff and gives you emotes.

U1VPO.jpg

This though, caught me way by surprise. DJ K.K. does this performance thing after he plays for you and the credits roll.

vCN3u.png

The player's inventory. Different types of tops are visually different in the inventory, so longsleeves have their own icon. I'm going to assume the other items of clothes do as well. There is a megaphone, which I still don't understand completely yet. A stickbug, shells, two bunches of turnips(Lisa told the player the turnips were worth 40something bells), two peaches stacked together in one slot(thank you Nintendo.), tools, and a fortune cookie. Still no word on the fortune cookie stuff.

91Kcu.png

Picture of the kitten girl who gets lost. Guessing she's returning with her mother and them having the same mechanics as before.

bXoVX.jpg

K.K. Condor. I forgot to take the screenshot, but you can place the music on the wall and it'll show up as the artwork.

kwT82.png

This is an orange tree.

F4kC0.png

This is another orange tree, but one of the oranges seem...off.

QXydk.png

Same tree during the day. Okay.. so what the heck is wrong with that orange? I know this happens to plants, but I don't know how that factors in on AC.. lol. Maybe they're worth more?

iOyeE.jpg

This is what diving rewards you with, one of the things at least. So diving is an alternate means of gathering things.

two peaches stacked together in one slot(thank you Nintendo.)

Good catch there! That's awesome.

And the way the megaphone works is you speak a villager's name into the 3DS microphone and then it will help you find where the villager is in your town or something like that.

Very nice, I'll add it to the first post, but I'm gonna add a few stuff

I noticed the bud growth too, but I saw it was on every cosmos flower, and no other flowers, so I'm just gonna assume it's just a part of the cosmos, and nothing special

I did mention the stacking fruit before, glad someone else noticed it though.
I saw the picture, but I didn't take any notice of what it was, glad you discovered it was the kitten.
And those oranges, never even noticed their variation, very interesting

IMO, i still find the megaphone so stupid...

The fifth bud is also on the orchids, it seems that they only grow on the smaller flowers so it could just be there to be there.

I didn't post any of the new fruits though, as someone else had already posted screenshots. I'll keep going over the video to check and see if I missed anything, like the grass on the island and the grass in the town. The town had triangle grass, the island had circle grass. Little stuff.

Unrelated to the current conversation but I just made this neat little GIF of the train from the video and thought I'd share:

ITjvy.gif

Loved that part of the video so much.

Slightly related to your gif, DAT MUSIC.
I love how it changes depending on where you are in the town. Also the amount of detail that went into the little stuff, like that train, how the stars transition between all of the colors, the characters nodding or shaking their head when they say yes or no.

I loved the night time music. It was authentic and really unusual

Yeah, agreed. I'm glad to see the long development time for this game wasn't wasted, the game certainly has a high level of polish.

Omg I know right.
It may have taken 4 years, but It' a huge step up from CF.

I also remember, I think it was like E3 2010, when it was first announced, and people said the city wouldn't be in the game, to keep CF 'unique' - I'm happy this was false though. I really like what they've done with the city this time 'round. In CF, it was just like a place you'd go there for 5 minutes and return. Now it seems there's actually more of a point to stick around there for a while longer. I mean, honestly, in CF I only go to the city once a week, and that's on Wednesday to see what items Redd has it. The city in CF changed like every weeks (except the balloon guy would show up on random sunny days) - but as soon as he showed up I stopped going (and going at night to get the silver shovel)
Now the garden store, and Nooks change daily, so there's much more of a reason to go (I can bet other shops will rotate stock, too) it's just so asdfghg like it's a huge step up from CF
When I first heard most of the shops will be uprooted from town, I was actually disappointed. But from seeing what they've done with it now, I'm actually kinda happy they moved the majority of the shops to the city (is it a mall or city i dont even know).

This is going to be a really amazing game, and when you look back to E3 2010, you can see how much effort they've put in to it. This game's going to be really incredible, and I'm fine waiting for something that's gonna be this good. I'm gonna be looking forward to reviews when the game is released in Japan.

I am a little upset the silver net is just sitting in the museum shop though. I was honestly hoping for a challenge to get the silver items, much like the gold items... oh well

Oh, and I added Gallow's images to the album

Last edited:
I think the most important thing to also remember about them moving some shops out to the "city" is how easy it is to access the "city" now. You just walk across the train tracks and you're just there nearly instantly unlike City Folk which made it a big pain. Also, anyone else notice how fast the loading screens in general were in the video? Felt much faster than City Folk if you ask me.

(and not to be an ass but it was 2010 when the 3DS was revealed)

I think the most important thing to also remember about them moving some shops out to the "city" is how easy it is to access the "city" now. You just walk across the train tracks and you're just there nearly instantly unlike City Folk which made it a big pain. Also, anyone else notice how fast the loading screens in general were in the video? Felt much faster than City Folk if you ask me.

(and not to be an ass but it was 2010 when the 3DS was revealed)

Yeah, the bus was a huge pain to get to the city, really annoyed it.
<---
I'll be honest, I had no idea what year it was, I originally had 2008 but then I realised CF was released that year so it couldn't be haha. Happy you cleared that up <3

8uqrk4z

~Ya'll should know my Kanji sucks so I'll translate what I can

Box 1: [kanji] ... It was correctly
Box 2: [kanji] ... Become [kanji] making only ..?
Box 3: [kanji] ... Do not remain [kanji] no mustard [kanji] blot [kanji] <--- ok obv we need to know the kanji for this one wtf hahahahahaha
Box 4: Something about something special happens every day
Box 5: Connect with people at any time

Last edited:
yeah I know hahahahah

also does anyone know why you cant click the last two boxes yet?

They'll most likely unlock in the coming weeks before the game releases. Just a way of hyping the release.

They'll most likely unlock in the coming weeks before the game releases. Just a way of hyping the release.

das what i thought;

lyle.png

"Happy house academy, The hotel area is Honma District Manager Acorn"
(Honma is Lyle's japanese name) - pretty sure this is Lyle saying "Welcome to the HRA, I am Lyle, the [town name] house manager"

shizu.png

obv it's Shizu talking about changing shop hours, Shizu's text: If you did, you How about switching to cycle and re-play by everyone in the village ordinance defines the future is not sleeping?

You guys have all done a great job of translating things, Justin that GIF is so cute I love watching the trains go past in the gamecube version. The more I find out about this game the more I want it, did anyone find out any more stuff about that anteater that makes you sleep??

You guys have all done a great job of translating things, Justin that GIF is so cute I love watching the trains go past in the gamecube version. The more I find out about this game the more I want it, did anyone find out any more stuff about that anteater that makes you sleep??

I haven't translated any thing from her yet (I started last night but then I couldn't be ****ed so I gave up)
Apparently it's a shop, where you go into "Dream Mode" where you can visit the towns of people you met over Streetpass/Spotpass or something like that, you can go to their town, and literally do whatever you want, chop down all their trees, take their fruit, flowers, etc.. Because it doesn't affect the other persons town what so ever.

I don't know if you get to keep the items you take from their town though. But yeah, that's all I know so far, someone else may be able to correct/elaborate on what I wrote.

I haven't translated any thing from her yet (I started last night but then I couldn't be ****ed so I gave up)
Apparently it's a shop, where you go into "Dream Mode" where you can visit the towns of people you met over Streetpass/Spotpass or something like that, you can go to their town, and literally do whatever you want, chop down all their trees, take their fruit, flowers, etc.. Because it doesn't affect the other persons town what so ever.

I don't know if you get to keep the items you take from their town though. But yeah, that's all I know so far, someone else may be able to correct/elaborate on what I wrote.

But you have figured out some of the screenshots :) and thats odd a very random shop.

Back