• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

It's on their website now though, usually the estimated releases on their site are somewhat accurate.

Really? Lol. The German Gamestop website says it is going to be released on December 18. So someone must be lying there, thehe. :rolleyes:
Well, my faith in information by Gamestop is completely shaken.

Last edited:
Really? Lol. The German Gamestop website says it is going to be released December 18. So someone must be lying there, thehe. :rolleyes:

Well we are talking about the American one, and I do agree that you shouldn't trust the release until Nintendo says it, but even LMDM doesn't have a date on the gamestop site.

Well we are talking about the American one, and I do agree that you shouldn't trust the release until Nintendo says it, but even LMDM doesn't have a date on the gamestop site.

I was talking about the European one. :D Anyway, I highly doubt that the release dates of America and Europe will be another three months apart.
What I am trying to say is that (in my opinion), this piece of information is not in the slightest bit more reliable than other Gamestop release dates just because it was published on Gamestop's official website, since Gamestop websites from other countries spread completely different information at the same time. Additionally, it's Gamestop's management who was creating false hopes throughout the whole year.

We simply have to avoid all of those false expectations and wait for Nintendo's official press release in order to keep ourselves from being disappointed another time.

Last edited:
Really? Lol. The German Gamestop website says it is going to be released on December 18. So someone must be lying there, thehe. :rolleyes:
Well, my faith in information by Gamestop is completely shaken.

In most cases websites like Gamestop just take random dates as placeholders..
I kind of understand why people get excited when they see a release date on such a website.. of course they want to believe that it could be official..
but in the end it's just stupid and annoying -.-
another example:
Amazon France:

september28amazonfrance.png

Last edited:
It actually looks more like a whale shark to me. I understand that they're related, but you can definitely see similarities between it and a picture of one in real-life:

View attachment 1652

Not too sure why they would have such a large fish in the game, though. It seems small in size compared to what it would be in real life (maybe it's a young one?).

I thought that at first too, but then I realized the size was off so I just went with the nurse shark. It's one or the other.
Either way though, really excited to have it in the game, along with all of the other new fish and things you find in the water.

Edit: Guys, don't trust anything you see on Gamestop. Ever since AC3DS was announced they've been throwing out release dates like it's going out of style. There were three different releases they had up for 2011, and another two for 2012. They don't know when it is, but they do know that if they set up a release date people will start preordering it.

1) I'm fine waiting, it looks amazing and I'm fine waiting for perfection

2) I wanna know if we get to keep stuff we take though, i doubt it but would be cool

3) yeah, this was in a trailer earlier in the year, we still have no idea what it is

What if it works like an actual fortune cookie? You drag the cookie to your mouth like you do with fruit and you start eating it. Then you pull out a strip of paper that will say a short fortune. Could be accurate or could be not.

In that ND, when he's making the pattern of Tom Nook, I noticed a little painting on the top left. I wonder what it does?

Edit- I am in LOVE with that oval coffee table, and the bed shape with Tom Nook's face. :X
I wonder what they look like originally. Definitely going in my house/museum!
Donno i'll rewatch it and check it out

About the custom museum exhibits, what will you guys make? :-D I'll make a clothing exhibit thing, gonna try to make it sorta like a runway or boutique or w/e.
I honestly don't know what I'll use it for. Like I have no idea, but I really like the new feature

I might just use the museum rooms for furniture sets I don't have enough room for in my house :)
This is actually a really nice idea, I might use this if I find myself stuck.

Please tell me if someone already said this, but today at Gamestop I saw that the release date for Animal Crossing 3D (that's what the name was in the binder) in the US is May 3rd, 2013. I think everyone should take this as a grain of salt, however.
It's a place holder, not official

Keep in mind that the release dates are as follows:

America: Sunday
Europe: Friday

Not sure about Australia.
Australia is Thursday

Awww... I live in Australia.... AUSSIE AUSSSIE AUSSIE, OI OI OI!
This post was really pointless, please.

What if it works like an actual fortune cookie? You drag the cookie to your mouth like you do with fruit and you start eating it. Then you pull out a strip of paper that will say a short fortune. Could be accurate or could be not.
But like, it is actually a fortune cookie is the good question. Flower bags look like cookie bags, tat doesn't really make them cookies... I mean. I think it is a fortune cookie, but I doubt it's just be for eating and you get a strip of paper and it tells you a fortune (actually having that written down does kind of sound like a plausible idea)
I know someone did say it could be used for a 'help' feature - but that doesn't sound like AC. I mean, every time you want help, you have to but the cookie, and then it might not even help with what you're after, so you have to wait another day to get the new cookie, and then hope it gives you what you're after

Thinking about it, the eating the cookie, then giving you a strip of paper does sound like a good idea atm.

..wouldn't the fortune cookie give you a fortune?

I mean, that kind of thing should be pretty obvious. You might eat the cookie after you remove the paper, but I figure what happens is you get it, open it and like when you read a letter a little page comes up and tells you your fortune and then the paper disappears or something.. because having a bunch of fortune papers in your inventory would be annoying.

Edit: Also

tumblr_mbgamqopqi1qfaposo1_1280.png

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but I'm not saying that. What i'm trying to say it, in the shop and inventory, it looks like a fortune cookie. Like the flower bag, in the shop and inventory, if we had no idea what it was, you wouldn't think it would be a flower bag (to me i'd think it was a bag of cookies) - so just because it looks like a fortune cookie, doens't mean it is one.

I'm not saying it's 100% not a fortune cookie (i personally think it is a fortune cookie), I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

I see.

Changing the subject. I posted a picture of some new characters, male kangaroo caught my attention the most.

Oh yeah, I saw that, I was going to discuss but I forgot lol.
Anyway, I saw it yesterday and I was going t post it but I couldn't be bothered, but since you did I might as well elaborate on it.
Honestly, I don't like any of them. The only one I really do like, is the ant eater (?) one. But I was bored and went through the AC3Ds tag on tumblr, and someone said he looks like Michael Jackson, and now I don't like it as much (That sounds rude to MJ but I love MJ I just dont like his style now it was pointed out)

Okay I looked on some sites selling the game now in UK.

Amazon: nothing not even a search result for it.
Play.com: TBC
Game: Released on TBC-2012
base.com (never heard of this website) - Due for release 31/03/2012

Hmmm?

Okay I looked on some sites selling the game now in UK.

Amazon: nothing not even a search result for it.
Play.com: TBC
Game: Released on TBC-2012
base.com (never heard of this website) - Due for release 31/03/2012

Hmmm?

Yeah, it's been confirmed for 2013, so Play.com, and Game are either slow, or havent updated with the times.

March 31 seems possible, but usually theyre on random dates? the 31st seems kinda not-random (make sense or no?)

But yeah, I'm not believing anything until Nintendo tell us

Oh yeah, I saw that, I was going to discuss but I forgot lol.
Anyway, I saw it yesterday and I was going t post it but I couldn't be bothered, but since you did I might as well elaborate on it.
Honestly, I don't like any of them. The only one I really do like, is the ant eater (?) one. But I was bored and went through the AC3Ds tag on tumblr, and someone said he looks like Michael Jackson, and now I don't like it as much (That sounds rude to MJ but I love MJ I just dont like his style now it was pointed out)

Yeah, I got it off of Tumblr. Shame there wasn't a bigger version.
I really like the anteater's outfit though, snazzy as heck. And I like the girl white tiger.

No more release date stuff pleeeeeaaassseee. That'll go on for pages again. D=

Yeah, it's been confirmed for 2013, so Play.com, and Game are either slow, or havent updated with the times.

March 31 seems possible, but usually theyre on random dates? the 31st seems kinda not-random (make sense or no?)

But yeah, I'm not believing anything until Nintendo tell us

Yeah I know right but the website they says March 31st has a fan box art and i've never heard of it before lol.

Isn't that pink crocodile with the heart new, too?
Anyway I like that there is a male kangaroo, but I hope there are other than that one...
I wonder if there are more new species.. and how many neighbours there are in total, if really all the old ones return plus so many new ones...

I really liked that male deer neighbor.. wouldn't mind having him in my town.
And I also must have the takoyaki octopus! :D

deer

vhusg5.png

29qipsy.png

Back