• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Isn't that pink crocodile with the heart new, too?
Anyway I like that there is a male kangaroo, but I hope there are other than that one...
I wonder if there are more new species.. and how many neighbours there are in total, if really all the old ones return plus so many new ones...
Yeah all those villagers in that banner are new. Never noticed the kangaroo was a male though. I guess that's cool. Don't really care about villagers that much

Can somebody explain the sleep walking (?) part?
Starts at 27:30 in this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5aQT8S1CI
The user that posted after this did a pretty good job at explaining it, I had just ticked the quote box for multi quote and couldn't be bothered going back a page to un tick the box so i just left it. But yeah, what h/she posted was pretty accurate.

Tweet from @ Doubutsuno_mori

Transleted by google translate
Kinda knew screen shots would be back again soon. But that rainbow looks really cool

I'm...pretty sure this is confirming screenshots. I'll have a translation ASAP.
Yeah, it's screen shots.

FYI rainbow picture added to the gallery

Last edited:
I never heard about that feature. Sounds pretty cool though. Time to play Professor Laytons theme

"Music/Sound:

Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, and there are many new KK songs."

This is what I'm referring too. However I'm not sure what it means. If it's just using the music players like the previous games, then why don't they just mention the new K.K sons only?

I'm not sure if people mentioned this, but I noticed something in the Nintendo Direct video!

2r3kq4z.jpg

You can see a picture in the right corner at the table, I think this is from Katie the lost kitten, but maybe did the friendship pictures return! I really hope this means that those pictures are back, I loved them, it was such a motivation to talk to the villagers.

9bhl6s.jpg

This picture was put on twitter I did translate the writing above it, 'Mr. Rage gardening store, I ordered a symbol tree seedlings to plant in the village square today! If Mr. Tsu Rage, okay ... I wonder if I've become so Chai Te doze off to sleep while listening to the order?!'

Not that it makes a lot of sense I don't no whether its saying you need to buy the village tree in the gardening shop?

9bhl6s.jpg

This picture was put on twitter I did translate the writing above it, 'Mr. Rage gardening store, I ordered a symbol tree seedlings to plant in the village square today! If Mr. Tsu Rage, okay ... I wonder if I've become so Chai Te doze off to sleep while listening to the order?!'

Not that it makes a lot of sense I don't no whether its saying you need to buy the village tree in the gardening shop?

maybe it's thise one... although I'm not sure because this looks like the upgraded flower shop and I guess you have to plant the seedling at the beginning of the game (?)
no idea what else it could be

edit: it says "たけのこ" ... bamboo shoot
tumblr_mbf88aiDpG1r5kyvmo4_400.png

Last edited:
I think you will have to head over to the store in the tutorial, because Shizu (being the clumsy dog she is) forgot to pick up the tree from the gardening store, sounds like a good introduction to the flowershop actually! :D

On the twitter background, Jack has Circle eyes, but in the video, he has Triangle eyes(I like the triangle eyes more)Perhaps it is just a poorly disguised animal though, but I think it is just Jack with a new look that didn't get changed on the twitter page.
897-1.png

Neat video clip I found on the Japanese site that walks through the whole city in one take so we can see the full extent of it:

(I reuploaded it to YouTube for ease of use)

Things to notice:

- Nook's (well timmy and tommy but I'll call it Nook's) building in this video seems to be a higher upgrade from the one seen in the Nintendo Direct.

- The city will be slightly different for every person just like the town to some extent. Notice how the museum is on the left end instead of the right end in the Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks Justin! :) I'm enjoying the strip style they chose for the shops (with a few alleys to boot). The quaint sitting area to the right is fantastic -- one of those little things I'm happy they added in. When they first showed us the city during the conference (where I didn't see the museum-like structure) it almost seemed as if we were going to be able to plant a few plants of our own. Oh well, it looks really nice as is. The touches all fit in so well (the lampposts, fencing, stonework on the ground).

Looooooveee <3

At 0:25, what is that store connected to the Able Sister's with the red bow on the window?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's an accessory part of Able's. One door goes to the clothes section, one goes to the accessories section.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's an accessory part of Able's. One door goes to the clothes section, one goes to the accessories section.
Yeah, it'd make sense for it to be Labelle's Accessory Shop. She is their sister after all. :eek:

Back