• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

This is random, but I don't really like the fact that we can just buy anything we see in the model homes. It makes it too easy to obtain all the pieces in a collection of furniture. I liked how it was exciting in past games when you would randomly come across a piece of furniture you've been wanting. Now there doesn't really seem to be much of a challenge or a hunt... How do you guys feel about this feature?

i agree with you honestly
i dont think we should be able to buy whatever we want to
we should have to get it ourselves nd not be able to buy it outright when we see others have it
though it wont affect me really since ive never street passed anybody with my 3ds since i got it when it was released >.<

i agree with you honestly
i dont think we should be able to buy whatever we want to
we should have to get it ourselves nd not be able to buy it outright when we see others have it
though it wont affect me really since ive never street passed anybody with my 3ds since i got it when it was released >.<

Exactly. If someone were to have an entire, complete collection in their home, then well, so can you. Just like that. Seems way too easy. But like you, I haven't street passed a soul, either (though I wish otherwise).

This is random, but I don't really like the fact that we can just buy anything we see in the model homes. It makes it too easy to obtain all the pieces in a collection of furniture. I liked how it was exciting in past games when you would randomly come across a piece of furniture you've been wanting. Now there doesn't really seem to be much of a challenge or a hunt... How do you guys feel about this feature?

Yeah, I can get that. Remember though, it's only through SteetPass as far as we know. So for many people, these model homes won't be very common to see. I was also thinking maybe there's some kind of extra tax on items when you buy them through the Model Homes. Like a Modern Bed might cost 2,200 Bells from Nook but in a Model Home it costs 3,200.

EDIT: As for buying an entire collection, I doubt that's possible. There's probably a limit on how many items you can buy per home.

Yeah, I can get that. Remember though, it's only through SteetPass as far as we know. So for many people, these model homes won't be very common to see. I was also thinking maybe there's some kind of extra tax on items when you buy them through the Model Homes. Like a Modern Bed might cost 2,200 Bells from Nook but in a Model Home it costs 3,200.

EDIT: As for buying an entire collection, I doubt that's possible. There's probably a limit on how many items you can buy per home.

Hmm. Maybe. An input of a tax would be a good idea, although I don't think that's likely.

I didn't like that either, so I am hoping the items that are "Not for Sale" in your catalog can't be bought by streetpass homes either, like you won't be able to purchase the fish or fossils in there. I probably won't buy anything from streetpass homes.

And Redd sells sculptures, FINALLY! It's just so amazing. :'D

Even if I do manage to street pass with other people, I won't be buying more than one or two items at the very most.

I'm happy to hear that characters that were only in the GameCube version are returning! Crossing my fingers and hoping Quetzal is back as well! He was my favorite villager when I was a child. D: Then he moved to my brother's town after I visited his town... then my brother's memory card corrupted and he lost the town. I was heartbroken.

As for the cave... I was kind of looking forward to the idea of spelunking through the caves. Would have been a nice place to find gemstones! Though since they haven't mentioned it yes, I suppose it was either a wild guess based on the village concept art, or might be something super secret that they want us to discover while playing the game.

Even if I do manage to street pass with other people, I won't be buying more than one or two items at the very most.

I'm happy to hear that characters that were only in the GameCube version are returning! Crossing my fingers and hoping Quetzal is back as well! He was my favorite villager when I was a child. D: Then he moved to my brother's town after I visited his town... then my brother's memory card corrupted and he lost the town. I was heartbroken.

As for the cave... I was kind of looking forward to the idea of spelunking through the caves. Would have been a nice place to find gemstones! Though since they haven't mentioned it yes, I suppose it was either a wild guess based on the village concept art, or might be something super secret that they want us to discover while playing the game.

As much as I would have loved the cave, it's becoming less and less plausible. It could perhaps be a secret being kept until the game's release, but I'm not holding my breath for the cave anymore. But with all the new features, who needs it?

Yeah, I won't be all that disappointed if there's no cave. I'll be too busy playing with all the other features the game has to offer! :)

Didn't want to quote everybody, but buying furniture in streetpass won't ruin the game as much as you may think.

First off you have to streetpass someone, and there is no sure way to know they will have all kinds of things you want. It gives you an opportunity to grab something you may not see for months. Don't worry too much over it! :D

Didn't want to quote everybody, but buying furniture in streetpass won't ruin the game as much as you may think.

First off you have to streetpass someone, and there is no sure way to know they will have all kinds of things you want. It gives you an opportunity to grab something you may not see for months. Don't worry too much over it! :D
Yeah, it's just like trading furniture with people on forums. If you don't want to buy from the streetpass homes, you don't have to. I'm not going to (the odds of me even streetpassing someone are about 2% anyways.)

I'll probably buy plenty from the village. I'm not gonna wait for something I really want if I can have it right then, that just seems silly :D I'm never a solid-set player, really. I just like to make interesting things and get FS points for the HRA through the roof w/o strict sets.

The only reason I even try to collect full sets of furniture is so I can get the HRA points to get all the prizes. After that I can decorate my house however I want and never have to deal with them again. I've never been fond of the HRA. I dislike being graded on how I want to decorate my house and at the same time my OCD of wanting to accomplish every little thing prevents me from just ignoring them for the get-go.

Poor Lyle, stuck working for those guys.

I didn't like that either, so I am hoping the items that are "Not for Sale" in your catalog can't be bought by streetpass homes either, like you won't be able to purchase the fish or fossils in there. I probably won't buy anything from streetpass homes.

And Redd sells sculptures, FINALLY! It's just so amazing. :'D

I think it's just furniture that you can buy. No fish, bugs, fossils, wallpaper, or flooring. And I'm sure you won't be able to buy rare items that you get from special NPCs, either. Basically, I think it's any of the furniture you could buy from the catalog at Nook's store in previous games.

So I'm really sorry that I don't know how to get the "spoiler" box here, but I think you'll enjoy this. Some info repeated, a good bit is very new. From the AXA forums.

Just a few extra bits of information about this game. All this information comes from a translated Famitsu article, and more is currently being translated as I type this.
Source can be found here

-The able sisters are open from 10am to 9pm
-The museum has its first offical confirmation, open 24 hours.
-Exhibition room added to the museum (not sure what this means)
-Gift shop added to the museum
-Gardening store confirmed, open from 9am to 8pm
-Gardening store is run by a sloth
-Tom Nooks real estate office is named Raccoon Housing, open from 10am to 8pm.
-Players confirmed to start the game off in a tent.
-Miscellaneous goods store added, open from 8am to 8pm

More information is being translated, and I'll update this post with anything we've haven't seen before

EDIT: I found a video which expands upon the information we've read about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jVJw5X_VI
And here is the scan this video comes from... http://nintendoeverything.com/96671/new ... out-scans/
Be sure to look at both of them to see every screenshot

-When you catch a bug, it now tells you how big it is when you catch it (The example showed the pec-ock butterfuy, which could hint at hybrid returns?)
-A flowery arcway was shown as new outdoor furniture
-What looks almost exactly like a windmil was shown, but we only see the base of it.
-Celeste and the inside of the museum are shown for the first time. She isn't in her obsevatory.
-A wooden bridge was shown.
-First look at the shopping strip.
-First look inside Racoon housing.
-Mammoth villager confirmed.
-Yeti villager confirmed.
-It seems both timmy and tommy run the shop.
-We see the sloth and the garden shop for the first time.

More information as been released via Nintendo Direct
-Bridges have been confirmed to be purchasable (the ones shown cost 128,000 bells)
-Resetti will be returning
-The roost and Brewster were shown for the first time
-The original lost and found from the gamecube will be returning and was shown to be run by Booker
-The bottom screen was shown for the first time, although it didn't show much
-The garden shop is attached to another store (I'm assuming it's Timmy and Tommy's shop from the logo)
-This is a guess, but a character was shown posing for a picture. Could this mean the return of the in-game camera
-Pro-designs will be returning
-A new showing machine was shown in the able shop. It's exact function is unkown.
-Custom designs can be shared with QR codes
-Gold furniture will be returning (It is unknown if they will remain as DLC items)
-A whole new set of futuristic si-fi furniture was shown
-A new blue lamma was shown (It is assumed that she changes the color of your furniture)
-KK slider will be returning (As shown on the box art)
-A cool globe is seen inside of your office
-And probraly the biggest news: This game will hit stores in Japan November 8th!
You can watch the video here: http://nintendoeverything.com/97425/new ... footage-2/
And you can see screenshots here: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/animal-cross ... reenshots/

Edit: a few more things I missed...
-This game will hit North America in the first half of 2013
-You can build your own stores
-You can choose when stores open and close
-Shapes for designs have changed, not only being squares
-Pro designs have a specific template for skirts
-Lyle is seen inside Raccoon housing, his exact purpous is unkown.

TRUCKLOAD INCOMING!!!
The animal crossing dedicated Nintendo direct aired this morning giving us 50 minutes of information! Big thanks to BigJC and Astrid for summing up everything from the broadcast . I added a few more things I found and put all the really big announcements in bold.
You can watch the entire nintendo direct here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX3hVM4z ... ture=g-u-u

Mii Mask returns
New aquarium design
New fish/shark swimming around?
Labelle still sells pricey things (The exact location of her shop is unknown)
New penguin villager
Animal villagers celebrate every time you install something new in your town
New flower type, Lilly
Clovers return
Wilted flowers return ; they're no longer like chocolate, and more like smoked flowers
Hybrids return
Flowers will sparkle depending off if they've been watered.
Can design roads (Place patterns on the ground) - they added the character for 'road'. There's a camping ground, sometimes there'll be campers - villagers who don't live in your village.Furniture in building = camp appears the next dayFirst look on the inventory screen
Inventory size increased to 16 slots
Swimsuit in inventory
Villagers visit shop, and can be seen buying stuff!
Album covers can be hung on the wall.
Paintings can now be hung on walls.
The bench and clock were stuff she placed as mayor.
Once you've decided what to build, go with Shizue to decide where. Then they'll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
Don't have to go back to mayor's office once building is placed.
Can donate yourself.
Sit down on that wheelchair to access options for mayor-only
Variety of bushes
Fire hydrant available
Gyroid will indicate that the furniture will be placed there
You don't have to fully pay it right now
New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
Nookway confirmed
The tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
Halloween goods sold because it's October.
The good old Tom Nook store is found at the mall
Shoe Shank: Kicks sell footwears here.
Museum is now in the shopping mall and uses the same music.
You can set a pattern in signs in museum
2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
Silver net in museum? And a Wallpaper?
New fishes
Characters nod their head on yes and no questions.
Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
Club 444: Shrunk got his moustache! Give him a fruit to have him doing a show to give you in return an emotion (reuse the same music)
You can decide your reactions to his jokes
You can now hold every emotion at once
Photo booth: Take a pic for your tag (friend code is shown there)
New haircuts
Redesigning furniture takes time, the example shown took 30 minutes
Pattern creating is similar to AC:WW with a zooming feature like ACCCF
You use your stylus to draw
Can define your own palette by choosing almost any color
People you streetpass with give you presents
Green Ice Cream held by a guy
The same guy gave something to the character that he can eat
First look at touchscreen menu
Map can be used in real-time (the same time as your character moves)
Mario items (mushroom, shell, and star in non 8-bit form)
StreetPassed someone but want to join him/her? No problem, use the friend code from his/her tag shown
You can go to visit some people's villages that you've street-passed with. It's a 'dream'.
Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. Can't do anything with in the town. Just look.
Massage Place: Sleep in a bed and wakes up in somewhere else? Wow, this is a bit creepy here. O.O And you're with your pyjamas
Lemon trees
Bamboos are there
Admire a tramway passing the bridge
New villager spotted: A gray deer
Guests can visit your shopping mall and watch a K.K. concert
DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider) under a different name performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. 'House Nights' Includes NES Nights. 'Famicon Nights'.
New K.K. musics
New eyes for a boy
Islands! The four of them are going to the island via local play. Going by boat. A motor boat!Jump in Kapp'n boat (up to four can reach the island)
He sings like as he did in GCN
A new song for the ride, too.
Can get swimming suits the first time ere, wearing it you can go swimming.
Jump off from any angle to swim
Dive down to find certain fishes (like sea cucumber)
Jellyfishes can be seen
Summer bugs are in that island, so are the fishes
Souvenir shop ; an ABD is placed in case you forgot bringing your bells
Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods.
Play some games
Co-op mini games- they are the focus.
Tortimer is now hosting the games! Look at his shirt.
One of the games is a maze, and you must find certain items to win. Difficulty: 1/3 Time: 5 minutes
The faster you are the more medals you get.
Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
New fruit: an apple-like fruit
You don't need to bring your timer for the games
You sit down on the chairs and wait for others to do so to start the game
Another game: Hammer time! Smash others with your hammers! And Cornimer car! I wonder what it does exactly...
Animal Crossing 3DS is also downloadable from eShop

HTML:
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

Most of that is already known, but yeah it's a nice collection

Yeah, it's a nice collection but it's pretty much all already known. Either from August Scans or Nintendo Direct.

Hi Jake, not sure if u know about this, but there is a thread that I think is worth linking here. It's 'Face/Hair Styles' and was started by Ozzie. It's got loads of pics of the faces and hairstyles seen for both boys and girls. Its quite similar to Volvagia's notes on eye colours.

Back