• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Last night I dreamt of November 8. I went to a store where one could buy the japanese version of the game, which wasn't playable on my european 3DS. And then there was an announcement through the speakers that said that the european version will be released in June 2013.
And then I cried right in the store because I couldn't believe that I must wait another 1/2 year for a game that I've been waiting for for almost two years now.

Well, and when I woke up, I felt like there is no way that Nintendo would let us wait nearly eight months longer than their japanese customers. It just doesn't make any sense since they always released their games as close as possible in all regions. I don't think that they will release the game in January oder February, but they won't let us wait until June for sure. I'm pretty confident in that issue.

Hi Jake, not sure if u know about this, but there is a thread that I think is worth linking here. It's 'Face/Hair Styles' and was started by Ozzie. It's got loads of pics of the faces and hairstyles seen for both boys and girls. Its quite similar to Volvagia's notes on eye colours.

I'm trying to conserve space on the first post. Hair and eyes aren't that important (and I'm pretty sure they were posted here, too) it would be easier if someone who has their thread linked on the first post added that info to theirs

Wow thanks Saratoga! :) That's really helpful. It said that you become mayor because of a misunderstanding... that's kind of funny actually. That's exactly how I envisioned this happening!

"Oh our mayor's here!"
"What? But I'm not-"
"Yaaaaaay the mayor's here!"
"Uhm. Sure, why not."

Imagine what would happen if the person who was MEANT to be the mayor showed up. It'd be funny if it was Tortimer and once he saw the villagers swarm you he decided to just run off for his 'vacation'.

The video makes it look like you'll be able to delegate what type of town our towns will be whenever we want. If that's true, that'll be really nice for people who have schedules that may change due to school or work. This game is so exciting look. I might just explode from anticipation!

Kapp'n how dare you charge me for a boat ride! D:

The translation of the recent 7 minute overview is up on my youtube channel! It has full English subtitles so please check it out and comment if you like it :) Hopefully this will show you guys some new things, or even if it doesn't--hopefully it'll make you more excited for the game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfYt_pis7Q&feature=g-user-u

That was nice to watch, the main things I saw that stood out to me were "Acorn Village" and "Wild Cat Village" This could mean more than the usual limit of 8 characters for the town name, or they might have just added the word "Village" no matter what you name your town. Also, the flowers the sloth said they were lilies.

Wow thanks Saratoga! :) That's really helpful. It said that you become mayor because of a misunderstanding... that's kind of funny actually. That's exactly how I envisioned this happening!

"Oh our mayor's here!"
"What? But I'm not-"
"Yaaaaaay the mayor's here!"
"Uhm. Sure, why not."

Imagine what would happen if the person who was MEANT to be the mayor showed up. It'd be funny if it was Tortimer and once he saw the villagers swarm you he decided to just run off for his 'vacation'.

The video makes it look like you'll be able to delegate what type of town our towns will be whenever we want. If that's true, that'll be really nice for people who have schedules that may change due to school or work. This game is so exciting look. I might just explode from anticipation!

Kapp'n how dare you charge me for a boat ride! D:

Haha, I thought the same thing! It sounds like it'll be an amusing introduction :D

I think that Shizue will probably recommend a type of town style based on how you play in general, but you can for sure choose your regulation/law, which is awesome.

That was nice to watch, the main things I saw that stood out to me were "Acorn Village" and "Wild Cat Village" This could mean more than the usual limit of 8 characters for the town name, or they might have just added the word "Village" no matter what you name your town. Also, the flowers the sloth said they were lilies.

I translated those DIRECTLY from the Japanese. (村 which means village is added directly on, no matter what).

Acorn village=どんぐり村
Wild Cat Village=やまねこ村

They are each four characters each (Japanese characters, that is). The reason I didn't leave them as Japanese is because I thought it would look weird to throw a random Japanese word in there. If I wrote Donguri, who here is going to understand? Is the kind of thought process I had :)

As for the character limit..I have no idea. They haven't said anything about that.

Last edited:
I was worried the regulation would be a one time option. I haven't been able to decide between the beautiful town and the town that never sleeps! I do like to stay up late sometimes but the beautiful village sounds really nice. Now that I know this I'll probably go with the beautiful village and if I find that the shops don't stay open long enough for me, I'll just change it!

Wait...
You become the mayor because a misunderstanding?

Lol look at the girl pushing away like that..

And the island fee is 1000 bells

And awesome! MINIGAMES ON THE ISLAND

Last edited:
Just a wild guess, but I think that building might either be the Reset Monitoring center or maybe the police station? It's sort of shaped the same as the one from Population Growing...

I'd guess it's Booker's station because it is wooden and on the inside of his has wooden tables, while Copper's has metal desks, so I bet Copper's outside would look fancier, but I think Booker's inside is better.

I haven't seen the images of Copper's station from the inside! Could you direct me to where I can find it? I've been hoping to see what it looked like.

I haven't seen the images of Copper's station from the inside! Could you direct me to where I can find it? I've been hoping to see what it looked like.
Yeah hold on, I know it's in a video somewhere or in some scans, it's so hard rummaging through all these scans now though since there are now so many.

That's sad because i love Booker, but i don't like his building :(
Dilemma...
Same here, I think I will still go with Booker though and just add some flowers and stuff to spruce up the outside.

Here are the pictures:
Booker's,
ghd.png

Copper's,
hgf-2.png

I just think Copper's looks more dreary than Booker's

Last edited:
You're right, Booker's looks nicer. I'm a sucker for wooden furniture.

Still going to have to go with Copper. ): He's been my favorite of the two of them since I was a kid and I've been dying to have him do something beside Wifi since the DS game came out.

Copper why do you gotta be such a professional little guy. A little wood wouldn't hurt the look of your station! D:

I actually prefer the look of Copper's building.

Bookers place makes me think of Nooks Cranny. It also looks less like a police station. Coppers is nicer because it still has wood (on the desks) but just not as much.

I'm pretty sure I'll pick Copper.

Back