• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

- Villagers seem to get annoyed when you want to talk to them more than once. I'll greet a villager and talk to them for the day, and then I'll come back to give them a gift and they'll be all like "Haha let's see how many more times we can bump into each other!" Does it get anymore passive-aggressive than that?
Yeah, this seems a bit weird. I could understand if it was with a brand new villager that you've only interacted with a few times, or if you spam the talk button ten times, but it feels weird that your 'best friend' would get a little mad at you for greeting them a second time about an hour later.

Small things I don`t like: Buying stuff taking forever because you can`t choose an exact amount of the item you`re buying, and having to get through the same inane dialogue five hundred times. Also, the music changing every hour and not all the music is that good. I prefer the relaxing background music for the most part. (4-5AM is lovely).

My pet peeve is when you visit a villager and another villager is visiting them and the villager whose house it is talks to you and then goes running after the other guest.

Having to wait for my character to put away their shovel every time I initiate a conversation. It’s always bugged me in every AC game I’ve ever played 😂 a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless!

I love you my little island villagers, I really do. But if ya'll could stop sitting down right where I'm trying to terraform that'd be great.
They literally programmed them to do that for some reason. I don't get it or why they seem to want to sit wherever there are paths placed. It really makes no sense.

Having to wait for my character to put away their shovel every time I initiate a conversation. It’s always bugged me in every AC game I’ve ever played 😂 a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless!
Agreed! And even if you want to check if they're home, you put away your shovel to read their "I'm out right now! Come and find me!" sign. Like what??

Why can't I catch summer fish on a clearly July Kapp'n island?!

STOPP THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS INTO WORDS. THIS ANNOYS ME SO BAD, TO THE POINT THAT I REFUSE TO HAVE MY SHOVE OUT UNLESS I’M LITERALLY ABOUT TO USE IT. 😭

Why can't I catch summer fish on a clearly July Kapp'n island?!
THIS!! like, why am i catching sturgeons on this summer ass island rn? 😭🤣

They literally programmed them to do that for some reason. I don't get it or why they seem to want to sit wherever there are paths placed. It really makes no sense.
Or just constantly walks around you whenever you terraform, I have to put fences up to block them cause whenever I push them, they just come right back!

My sister-in-law just informed me that golden tools will also break after X amount of use... :( Which seems really silly! I'm new to the game (less than a month) and find tools breaking the most annoying thing so far! I'd have thought (hoped!) golden tools would be indestructible :/

I wish there was something I could do about decorating when it's dark...
I play late because that's just how my life works but when it's night and it's dark in ACNH it's hard for me to see stuff and I wanna decorate my island, I wish there was like a headlight or the streetlights I put out had an option to make the area brighter...

I wish there was something I could do about decorating when it's dark...
I play late because that's just how my life works but when it's night and it's dark in ACNH it's hard for me to see stuff and I wanna decorate my island, I wish there was like a headlight or the streetlights I put out had an option to make the area brighter...
Yea decorating in the dark is a pain. Its too bad the streetlights don’t add much light.

Back